for A hero's grave

4/5/2013 c1 203Gotham Siren
Lovely story. Lovely, powerful emotions.

Daryl was so broken up over his brother's death. He wasn't a man at that point, he had gone back to an emotional little boy, if only for a minute, when he fell to the ground Merle for the first time.

I think you did a wonderful job depicting this scene, and what could have happened afterwards. Very nice piece.

-Orwell
3/27/2013 c1 IaMme
STUPID BEN! I believe if ben wouldn't have gotten in the way of Merles shot the governer would be dead and merle would've went back to being his badass redneck self!

R.I.P. Merle you were a racist sexist son of a bitch but you will be missed. Treck on Daryl.
your story i believe captured Daryl's feeling on the matter. great job.
3/26/2013 c1 251N Harmonic
just a few days ago, merle died in the Walking Dead, and the worst part is, he died a hero, trying to kill the Governer for his brother and his brother's new family, they had no right ending his life.

the one time he was the good guy for someone other than himself and his brother, he dies.

rest in peace you racist hillbilly we called Merle, and gloat down to your father in hell, because you made it to heaven, and it just got prettier
3/26/2013 c1 7Soso77G
RIP merle ..
3/25/2013 c1 32El Chacal
I have read a few other stories revolving around Merle's demise and Daryl having to do what he did. This is one of my favored ones since it didn't completely have Daryl turning completely cold and detached from everything that he ever had any feeling for. I think Daryl will now have another reason to kill the Governor. Good work.
3/25/2013 c1 1Fallout2012
"I'll see ya on the other side, brother." Daryl said staring down at the grave.

I'm not sure why, but this line killed me. This was very well done, great job. I agreed that I too think Merle went out like a hero, he will be missed. Thanks for posting this.
3/25/2013 c1 70Wolfling21
I am not that fond of the actor & for a while not that fond of the character of Merle either. I had a love hate relationship with Daryl for a long time too but I watched for Norman. I grew to really like Daryl when I realized what sort of childhood he had suffered. Then Merle began to make me warm up to him when I saw that all he wanted was to be with Daryl. He did die a hero. He knew that Daryl respected Michonne & hated Woodbury so he released her & dropped a "Walker Bomb" on Woodbury. He did die a hero.. most of all he died for his brother. I can respect him for that alone. RIP Merle Dixon

And I think Daryl is gonna be withdrawn for a lil while but he's gonna realize that he can't be like that if he wants to protect his family.
3/24/2013 c1 3MoonLunacy
HOLY SHIT! I CRIED SOO HARD! FREAKIN' AMC! MERRRRRRRRRRLLLLEEEEEE!