for In the Company of Strangers

2/3/2014 c33 iLLaine
You know what I love about this chapter (among many others things)? It's very open to fanfic! Fanfic before the proposal, fanfic before the wedding and of course the wedding! I hope you'll have the time one day to write some one-shots to have a glimpse at these months in their lives! (Sorry for the late review: I just finished a re-read of the whole story. I had forgotten how funny was the conversation at the Dower House: I didn't know when I first read it that you were a master of double-meanings!)
2/2/2014 c33 7nazkey
This is an absolutely beautiful (and beautifully written) story. I can't wait to read the sequel. Your take on their relationship is so much better than what we were presented with in the show. Thank you for this!
1/28/2014 c33 ke
I cannot wait until spring! let me know when you have posted it.
1/26/2014 c33 11LizzieCrawley
Just wonderful, a great finale to a great story!
1/26/2014 c33 26Rachel Smith Cobleigh
So glad they have finally reached a peaceful, contented place. :)

Although, this hurt to read. The very detailed nature of the descriptions made it seem as though the sensations were all new and noticed and marvelled at by Mary, but she'd been married before...surely she'd experienced a great deal of all that with Matthew, and more of it was expected. Yes, she'd had a drought of sexual activity for at least a year, but the overall effect (at least for me) was an implication of Matthew somehow having been less a lover than Charles. Perhaps he was...but it just hurt to feel that, even as you described this interaction as working so well between Mary and Charles.

Thanks for writing this story and helping me cope with the grief over losing a fictional character. :)
1/24/2014 c33 Audrey C
A really nice ending to your story. Charles was adorable with his fumbling proposal. In my mind, your Charles is soo different from canon Charles. I prefer yours! Looking forward to the sequel very much! Well done.
1/24/2014 c33 4Lifewithcourtneyy
Wow :') I bet you've been very excited/sad about writing 'fin' at the end of this fic! It's been a long timing coming :) this fic is one of the main reasons as to why I adore Blake/Mary so much, it may not make sense because it's not canon. But I find that well-written, powerful Fanfics such as this one can influence your feelings over canon, and you sure have done that! Thank you so much for writing things like this for us! We all love you for it and I think that I can speak for everyone when I say please don't stop! You're so talented and you should be so proud of yourself! You have made me cry, laugh, smile, nervous, excited, relieved and torn me apart. And that was just within the first two chapters! Oh and you also caused me to stay up until 4am reading this when I first discovered it and wanted to get up to date :P so when my boss got angry at me for being tired at work I just said blame Lala-Kate... Let's just say he had no idea what I was talking about :P Congratulations on the completion and I'm excited to see what you come up with next and your next chapters for your other fics! :)
1/23/2014 c33 7LOSTforHOUSE
I can't believe this is over. I need a moment to stop sobbing. This was really perfection wrapped in perfection. The way you took the Charles Blake character even before the audience saw him and made him this whole entity that also rings to the canon Charles...BRAVO! I eagerly anticipate its sequel!

-Kathryn (tumblingWench)
1/23/2014 c33 Guest
So pleased for you to see this story that is so dear to your heart finished. Congratulations!
1/23/2014 c33 11EJ96
Totally amazing fic :) ! Cant wait for the sequel :)
1/23/2014 c33 Dancing a jig
Such a beautiful ending to a beautiful story.. You have done so remarkably well with this, it's outstanding! The journey you have taken with this, chapter after chapter has left us panting for more, you brighten everyone's day's with the updates... You've changed the characters into your own and now you've left us with a ending, that only leaves me breathless for more! Please do write the sequel as you're writing is too equisite to be left for too long!:):)
1/23/2014 c33 4ZoeyBridget
I don't always have time to review, but did want to say how much I love this story. So moving, true and beautifully written. I adored the way you ended it, and in all honesty, your Charles is more real to me than the Charles in canon (or at least from what we've seen so far). Wonderful, wonderful work, and I can't wait to read the sequel! Congrats on concluding this so well...a great accomplishment.
1/23/2014 c33 PelirrojaBiu
My God, this chapter. It was beyond perfection and I tried to read it as slowly as possible to enjoy each line, knowing it's the last part of this story. There are trully no words apart from stating my urgent hope to read the sequel asap. The wedding night was hands down the best written love scene I have ever read in this fandom and God knows there is a lot of them. The whole story was such a fantastic surprise, back in March, just mare months after Matthew's death, when everybody was still like "Blake who?" :-D You're a magnificent writer and a beautiful soul, and it will be a pleasure to read everything else you're planning to write.
1/23/2014 c33 6finlee
Bravo, bravo, bravo! Such an excellent story. You had me from the first chapter and kept me interested throughout. Due to limited time, I generally stick to stories involving Tom Branson, but your story definitely intrigued me. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to whatever you write next, as I know I'll enjoy it - sometimes it's not the character that should be followed, but the author.
1/23/2014 c33 Nenski
Sigh...what a perfect ending to this beautiful tale that I was not expecting to love. Being a hardcore M/M shipper, I started reading Strangers very hesitantly. By the third chapter, I had fallen in love with your Charles Blake. And the story has just gotten better and better since!

I have one teeny tiny question, though I'm not sure it's relevant: when Charles proposed to her and slipped the engagement ring on her finger-did that mean she was no longer wearing Matthew's rings? At what point did she stop wearing them? Or did I miss it somewhere in the previous chapters?

Thank you for this wonderful story! It was a great morning read! I can't wait for the sequel! But til then, looking forward to your M/M stories that have yet to be finished. :)
463 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »