for In the Company of Strangers

1/23/2014 c33 Guest
It's a very sweet ending to this story. The path was great
1/23/2014 c33 Eviedee
You have done more than a brilliant job. This story surpasses all others. Mary and Charles are absolutely amazing and you have woven these two characters beyond all our imagination. Thank you ever so. JF should also read this and compare it to what he envisages for Canon. I love what you have done with this Chapter and can only look forward to the sequel. THANK YOU for giving me such a wonderful escape into the Company of Strangers. God bless you - Lala K! you managed to tear me away from my riveting work and to steal moments to read your wonderful story. I can only commend you!
1/23/2014 c33 Eviedee
You have done more than a brilliant job! T
1/23/2014 c33 8trinadeckers
I'm crying (again). How any times I have had the privilege to read this chapter? Too many, honestly. Your writing is so wonderful, the the life you have these characters, and the journey you took us on as readers has been almost indescribable. You took these characters and made us fall in love with their story, and the amazing thing is, you did that with a character we knew nothing about other than his name. When I first read this story shortly after you posted it here it was hard to read coming off of season three. It hurt, very much so. But, I kept reading. This story made it easier to deal with the loss of a character that almost everyone loved. I rarely look forward to sequels of stories because they usually don't live up to the quality of the original. However, I don't have that worry here. Knowing your writing as I do now, I am positive that the sequel will live up to this beautiful tale, if not surpass it. I hope you realize how gifted you are. Thank you for writing this, for letting me be a part of this journey, and for giving these characters the life you have.

Somehow I don't think using your usual nickname applies at this point, so for once I will not use it. Try not to be too shocked.

I love you.
1/23/2014 c33 jmar
You've taken us on quite a journey! I'm glad to see Mary more healed, ready to move forward in her life; it isn't the life I would have picked for her (or she for herself for that matter), but it reflects the woman she has become. We play the cards we are dealt & sometimes those are very difficult cards. The magnitude of her loss is something I can only imagine, but she is a storm-braver, as Matthew predicted, & Mary is providing a life for herself & her son, with an honorable man. Could we want anything more for a daughter? Thanks for your very hard work & I look forward to more of your creative imagination :-)
1/23/2014 c33 21ultimategingepond
This last chapter killed me because as bad as I wanted it to come it feels bittersweet. Such beautiful writing for these two coming together. Just gahhh, it made my heart thump and my cheeks blush. Lovely!
1/15/2014 c32 Cb6c
This is a fantastic story and I'll miss my regular installments.
1/13/2014 c32 26Rachel Smith Cobleigh
Enjoyed this; looking forward to the final chapter. :)
1/10/2014 c32 32miscreant rose
Guh, my heart! That you have finally dragged me kicking and screaming off my iceberg and on to this Carpathia is amazing, considering how much I just wanted to freeze to death and die. If is wrong that I totally saw the horse coming? (70s child I may be, I tried not to laugh too hard at the name of Wildfire ... *grin*)

As always, your characterization is spot on and this reads as easily as an episode plays in my mind. I'm so excited that your original CB has so many elements of canon, and darn, the casting in canon is just perfect so I'm totally there with this CB for headcanon as well! ;) How you will slay us with the sequel once we've all died from this is beyond me.
1/9/2014 c1 21ultimategingepond
I have been sitting here trying to think how to word my review and I feel as if anything I say will not be worthy enough. The way you write and paint a picture for your readers is astonishing and heart warming and heartbreaking all at once. I have read many fics and this is at the top of my favorites. After the Christmas special I thought I would never enjoy Downton again but like Mary in your story I have grown to accept Blake and love little things about the show I had discarded before. While I have waited to read this story till now and I have more chapters to go I appreciate it just the same.

Your Mary has so many layers like Mary Crawley truly does but yet you get to describe and go in depth with them more than we get to see each week. The struggle for her to come back to life is so real and you handled it so well, I can feel her heart ache and warm at the acceptance of letting herself just be a woman again.

While your Blake is very original (which is why I'm quite smitten with him) he is also very much canon. Often I can imagine his actions and can imagine it played out, especially his loving over George.

Anyways, back to the point; this story is amazing and you are an incredible writer. I look forward to last chapters I have to read and hope to continue reading works from you.
1/8/2014 c32 Sofia
Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful. You had me in tears with that Mary/Robert scene. And Charles bought her a horse! That's so utterly perfect.
I'm so glad that there's a sequel, because I'm most definitely not ready to say goodbye to your version of Downton. Which, of course, doesn't mean that I'm not most excited to see how you will end this.
Hugs from Argentina, my friend. Ps: I forgot my ff password again, but I'll recover it once I'm back in Brazil and have my laptop and iPad back, but it's Sofia as in thedockmeister and viscountessmary ha ha
1/8/2014 c32 4Lifewithcourtneyy
That was brilliant! I'm so glad that Robert and Charles have finally made up, it would be so hard for Robert to see Mary with anyone other than Matthew, as it would be for Isobel because they both loved him so much. But they both wish the best for her so of course they would support her. I adore the relationship between Charles and George in this fic! (I'm not sure if I've ever commented on it), you can tell the love Charles has for him, it reminds me somewhat of the love Matthew showed for him (or would have), and although it's similar I believe it's important. Any man that Mary marries in cannon and/or in fanfic land has to love George as their own or I'm afraid it just wouldn't be right. Carlisle would have never fit this category. Anyways I'm excited to read the finale! It's been a long time coming and I'll be sad it's over but I do love a good resolution!
1/8/2014 c32 Eviedee
Best yet!
1/7/2014 c32 downtonreader
I haven't reviewed in a while, but I love how you have continued the story. This chapter was nice after all the heartbreak before.
1/7/2014 c32 lovepurplemustaches
He bought her a horse! I'm so in love with this story, that it almost hurts! I'm so excited for the final chapter!
463 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »