for In the Company of Strangers

1/7/2014 c32 4xRaela
I'm so glad there's a sequel to come after the final part. This story you've created between the characters is too great to stop.

This part was simply beautiful. Particularly the final scene with Mary Charles and George. The hint that George might one day call Charles his father was written perfectly.

I also liked the scenes with Robert- both with Mary and with Charles. It seems everything is looking up- and so it should as you come to the end of this marvelous story
1/7/2014 c32 18Chickwriter
HORSE HE GAVE HER A HORSE! So romantic and beautiful and wonderful. (Of course it's a thoroughbred from Kentucky!) Ugh, this is lovely. So excited to see how you end it!
1/7/2014 c32 8trinadeckers
This story is so wonderful, and this chapter is painstakingly sweet. This chapter showed just how far Mary and Charles have come since the beginning. She has finally reached that place of total acceptance and it's beautiful. The story you have created with these characters (one of which we knew nothing about originally) is nothing short of brilliant. This is honestly probably the worst review I will ever leave, but then again you know how I feel about this story and how wonderful of a writer I think you are. I love this story, and you! An as per usual, evil southerner ;)
1/7/2014 c32 11EJ96
Looking forward to the next chapter and the sequel :)
1/7/2014 c32 redpeony
I have enjoyed this story so much, I hate to think that it will end soon. Lovely chapter!
12/26/2013 c12 4Lifewithcourtneyy
So... I started reading this at about lunch time today.. It is now 8:25pm... I think it is safe to say that I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS FIC! It's actually so brilliant! I especially like the fact that it is realistic, you're showing Mary's struggles with Matthews death as well as Tom's and Cora's, I love the flirtation between Charles and Mary and the witty remarks they throw at each other. It's truly magnificent to read! And I have a nagging feeling that I will not be sleeping tonight until I have completed all 31 chapters... KEEP WRITING FAN FICS! YOU'RE TREMENDOUSLY GOOD AT IT!
12/21/2013 c31 26Rachel Smith Cobleigh
I'm not sure I believe that Robert would be quite the heartless fiend that he's portrayed as here :), but for the purposes of drama, I really liked Charles's final words to Robert about the loss of a child. Very powerful.

Looking forward to your ending...and then, of course, the sequel. :)
12/18/2013 c31 4viscountessmary
Finally managed to find a little time to sit camly and read this chapter. And... wow! It was beautiful! So heartbreakingly beautiful. Every scene, every conversation, every line was spot on.
Looking forward to reading the next one X
12/15/2013 c31 dathl
as expected it was a lovely chapter. it was really heartbreaking when charles broke down in front of isobel. I also understand charles' need to ensure mary has the support of her father as he lacked his while growing up. Plus, it seems in the trailer for downton's christmas episode that things are looking well for charles too. Here's wishing everyone and lala kate a happy christmas and i look forward to your next update.
12/15/2013 c31 Kaitsy
wonderful, wonderful chapter. i loved all of it, but especially the moments with Carson. great line, "not where he should be". yes, wonderful. poor dears Mary and Charles.
12/13/2013 c31 jmar
First, I have to stop crying. I really felt so much pain for everyone. Especially Charles, but also Robert. I doubt that Robert has forgotten Sybil for even one moment...what losses! Some families endure so much, but yet they move ahead, they survive, they live. Yes, I grieve for Mary's loss, but men suffer also in their own way, different from mothers and wives. I think Robert has played the fool so often - I guess he's a product of his upbringing. Granny seems so clever, what happened to Robert? I think your vision for this story is totally believable, well within character & their 'voices' are spot-on. Thanks for the update. Be sure to enjoy the holidays, even as you continue to delight us!
12/13/2013 c31 68Epea Pteroenta
I'm so glad I've been able to catch up on the last three chapters in one go. I'm not sure I'd have enjoyed the wait very much! Beautifully done with an emotional topic and I'm glad they're all reunited again.
12/12/2013 c31 Audrey C
Loved every scene of this chapter. But I especially want to mention the one between Charles and Isobel and the final one between Charles and Robert. Very brave of Charles to stand up to Robert for Mary. Good to remind Robert of Sybil. Cherish the children you have left buddy!
12/12/2013 c31 7LOSTforHOUSE
I read this throughout the day on my cell phone during breaks at work. I had to stop myself and get back to work a few times, it's a lot on a phone! lol

Tisk Tisk, Lord Grantham and good for Charles for not taking it in passing and saying something. This story has been keeping excellent company while we wait for the CS and then the loooonng winter/spring/summer before the next season is upon us I look forward to the next installment!

Merry Christmas!
12/12/2013 c31 lovepurplemustaches
This is such a fantastic chapter. I cried, a lot, and laughed too. I'm so in love with your Charles Blake that it's slightly ridiculous. Thank you for the quick update! I'm excited to see what happens next!
463 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »