for Aftermath (A sort of season 2 and a half)

4/27/2014 c4 1DogsLiveOn
Please continue and update soon! It's really good so far!
9/27/2013 c4 Guest
Pretty good! When can we get the next chapter?
5/14/2013 c1 Hannah
Oops I meant bloomsday haha
5/14/2013 c1 Hannah
Hi ur so talented but PLEASE finish ur story bloomnation it is like one of my fav story. At least tell us if u r going to finish it :(
4/10/2013 c1 jpoeling
Hey just wanted to update for why I haven't posted by now. I have literally started the next chapter 3 different times, and I am still not happy with it. There are like 2 different subplots I want to open up for future arcs, 2 plot points that need to get into this arc before they actually get into the battle part of the mission. Needless to say I have gained great respect for Greg Weisman, Brandon Vetti, and the rest of the YJ writers.

Also it is coming down to crunch time in the college courses, raising the grades up and impending finals. There are also a few other issues but lets just say life is getting more hectic than planned. What this means is I will be posting more sporadically, but in no way shape or form am I going to stop writing for this story. Lastly I am going to try to make longer chapters with maybe a few scene breaks/transitions in time, to hopefully resolve my pacing issue and allow me to get in all the plot points.

To the rest of you who are also in school good luck to you in the next few weeks.
4/6/2013 c4 Anonymous
Continue...
4/4/2013 c4 3Alchemist15
This is so good. I feel like this would really happen if it was a season 3
4/3/2013 c3 RJM
That was perfect, seriously cant find one thing that i would change.

"No!" Conner said a little to quickly and loudly, but calmed his emotions, "We're going to be on Mars and so a mental link is more likely to be hacked than our coms."

This was amazing subtle and perfect characterization for Conner.

"M'gann who had been staring at her com looked up at Conner as he gave his explanation for use of the devices. It was a lie, but as M'gann made eye contact with Conner she decided not to challenge him. Truthfully she understood Conner's reasons, but she would be lying to herself if she said it didn't hurt to hear him say it.
M'gann cleared her voice to try to sound confident, "Conner's right, it is too big of a risk to use a mental link with so many telepaths around." As she backed up Conner her eyes shifted downward briefly, with a look best described as a mixture between sorrow over what she had lost and shame"

Really loved it, having the M'gann pov worked great and you write her so well.

Loved the akward moments between them, you really should be proud great work.
After your reply and this chapter i trust you, go with what you think works best for the story

REVIEW PEOPLE! THIS AUTHOR DESERVES IT.
3/31/2013 c3 3Fairyvixenmaiden
I like this story very much. In usual seasons, you'd usually have at least 22 episodes. I am sure that if WB & Cartoon Network allowed Greg and Brandon to finish the entire season, we'd see Mars and the official reconciliation and reunion of SuperMartian.

Like you, I was thoroughly upset with Warner Bros decision to cancel Young Justice, one of their best interpretation of DC Comic Universe along with Green Lantern. But the fandom is fighting to get another season which will carry momentum for many more seasons.

I am a huge fan of this show and the SuperMartian pairing. It's only a matter of time before they get back together and we need another season to see them back together.

It's your story; if you want to create OC, then go right ahead!

Just keeping writing this story.
3/30/2013 c2 RJM
Ok, deap breath lol.
"May I ask you to point out what specific parts you feel I am using Conner as a personal mouthpiece? Hopefully it is only in a few instances and not the everything I have written so far"

No it was just this part in chapter 2 (M'gann had made a mistake allowing the thrall of her own powers blind her to what she was doing, but giving his own history Connor saw how easy it was to fall prey to something like that) this was very similar to your reply to the earlier review and having it in the next chapter made me wonder if it was you using Conner to give your opinion. Its really not a big deal, i just pointed it out because it sometimes easy to have characters say our opinion rather than there own.

"This could be a matter of difference of opinion on how we view the character growth of Conner between the first and second season? What I aiming for is they are technically back together, but as you point out they have to deal with those issues directly before getting back to what they had before (not just a relationship but a full fledged absolute trust one). I just felt it would be more organic to have them get back together quickly, and hash out their differences as they rebuild the relationship."

Yep i agree with all of this, i just think Connor would be more standoffish and emotionally closed off like early season1. But still willing to work at it ( a good idea would be to rewatch early season 1 on youtube you can find all the episodes including season 2) In this chapter you have Connor acting really intimate with her when it might have been better to have him looking at her and wishing he could hold her like they used to, but not ready to put himself out there yet.

"Also thanks for pointing out M'gann didn't stop L'gann from trying to make Conner mad or jealous. Sometimes it is difficult to remember all the details from a season. I have only season 2 once, and with the hiatuses it is little hard to remember so far back. I don't know if I will deal with that issue or not"

Yeah i understand, i just meant to show it wasn't just the use of her powers where she behaved badly towards him.

"I also agree that words are not enough to show that someone is truly sorry. However I am having difficulty thinking up an 'action' M'gann can do to show that she is sorry for trying to mess with Conner's mind. However I have an idea for a later chapter that might address your concern, but I don't know if it is quite an action. I don't want to actually tell plot ideas to keep surprise for readers"

Just by her being aware of how much she hurt Connor and be willing to work hard and be patient to win back the trust and intimacy. I dont know if you are going to write any chapters from her pov but that would be a good way to get inside her head and show how sorry she is. Connor's got to be thinking if she was willing to do that to me did she really love me maybe have him express some doubt eather mentally or verbally.

"My goal is to try write M'gann Conner story as realistically as possible. Everything I write I repeat it in my head and try to imagine the character saying that as if it is an actual show. Of course using the medium of writing I feel, to make up for the loss of visual character thought processes need to be expressed. This is my first stab at trying to write these characters, so inevitably there is going to be some rough patches"

I think you are doing a great job, and the fact that you are willing to consider different opinions is a credit to you as a person and a writer.

Oh before i forget the flashbacks are my favourite part of the story you write them really well.
3/28/2013 c2 7jpoeling
Hey RJM:

Thank you for the reviews and the constructive criticism. May I ask you to point out what specific parts you feel I am using Conner as a personal mouthpiece? Hopefully it is only in a few instances and not the everything I have written so far.

Also thanks for pointing out M'gann didn't stop L'gann from trying to make Conner mad or jealous. Sometimes it is difficult to remember all the details from a season. I have only season 2 once, and with the hiatuses it is little hard to remember so far back. I don't know if I will deal with that issue or not.

You are also completely correct in that I shouldn't rely on the cop out of the series writers dealt with things off screen. I have unlimited words and they have 22 minutes an episode to tell a full episode of story.

I also agree that words are not enough to show that someone is truly sorry. However I am having difficulty thinking up an 'action' M'gann can do to show that she is sorry for trying to mess with Conner's mind. However I have an idea for a later chapter that might address your concern, but I don't know if it is quite an action. I don't want to actually tell plot ideas to keep surprise for readers.

My goal is to try write M'gann Conner story as realistically as possible. Everything I write I repeat it in my head and try to imagine the character saying that as if it is an actual show. Of course using the medium of writing I feel, to make up for the loss of visual character thought processes need to be expressed. This is my first stab at trying to write these characters, so inevitably there is going to be some rough patches.

I am really glad you reviewed, it has given me somethings to think about.

signed:
jpoeling
3/28/2013 c2 Logic
Thanks... I guess...
3/28/2013 c2 RJM
Nice chapter, my only issue is sometimes you seem to have Conner as a mouthpiece for you the author rather than have him behave in character.
Another thing its not like M'gann didnt stop or say anythimg to L'gann about rubbing it in Conners face (that annoyed me her using L'gann to hurt Conner)

I do like M'gann, i just think she behaved really badly and i dont like when its glossed over because it makes ther relationship seem abusive. I can get behind a genuinely sorry M'gann who wants to earn the trust back, but not a M'gann that thinks a few words are all it takes and everything is ok.

I dont want to put you off (there are to few Supermartian storie's as it is) i hope you continue

Logic you'r username is very ironic.
Your idea of Supermartian is pretty disgusting, i hope you dont live your life thinking if someone loves you alot that makes it ok for them to abuse you. (victim blaming) is classic abuser behaviour. as is im only doing it because i love you.(like that justifies it in anyway)
1 Conner didnt flip out he thought her love for him would be enough to get her to stop.
2 Conner should never feel bad for breaking up with her over her abuse.
3/28/2013 c1 RJM
First im glad you're writing a story about Supermartian and i want them back together. Now to the chapter you wrote M'gann well, but i doubt Conner would be so blase about her messing with his mind it obviously bothered him enough to break up with her even though he still loved her.

Now as for your reply to the reviewer. just because you assume they talked about it doesn't mean that its completely forgotten and that he is over what she did.

Trust and forgiveness has to be earned(not just with a few shallow words) with actions, i think she would have to earn his trust back. You seem to mix up understanding someone's actions with condoning them. Just because you understand there actions doesnt make them any less wrong.

I just want them getting together to be dealt with as realistically as possible, which means not glossing over what M'gann did.
3/28/2013 c1 Logic
Ok guys!
I see you're confused abut the rebirth of supermartian...

basically, Conner flipped out about M'gann trying to change his brain and went ballistic. He then felt bad and understood why she did that( she obviously loves him too much.). He then missed her so muched and this happened.

NOW STOP CRITICIZING!