for SSX: Deadly Descents

I'm never getting a resolution for this, am I? :(
9/4/2018 c1 GyQo0
Veri n1c3XTcst0riCk
3/10/2017 c10 Guest
HOW DARE YOU END IT LIKE THIS?
6/4/2016 c10 Party4Ever
Too bad you gave up on this. It was really strong and had a lot of potential.
3/10/2016 c1 Hikariyaiba
CONTINUE ALL OF IT. I STOP NOW! PLS FOR MY SAKE
12/23/2015 c10 Kunal
Man the story is awesome
Please continue it more, i want to read it
1/3/2015 c10 Guest
Make more
3/22/2014 c1 36Stuff3
Admittedly I haven’t heard of this game but I thought I’d check it out none the less.

For starters props for making a story out of a game with as far as I know no real story or characters arc. I didn’t think it could be done but you made it work. I’m more of a skier myself but I found this to be a fun story to read, even without knowing a whole lot about it. There’s some humor in here and it’s a fun take on the game. I liked the Griff/Zoe rivalry and where it went.

It did seem a little rushed in the beginning but it improved greatly as the story went on.
Hope you continue this soon.
7/3/2013 c1 23MercyAntebellum
Hey there Matthew-

I like the idea of reuniting the team for the story, that has some serious potential right there. However I'm going to be real picky here and say outright that your spelling, grammar, and general prose and punctuation could all use a beta reader and editing; one thing that really turns me off reading is seeing a lot avfast written mistakes, and I know I do it too, but with this story, it almost feels that some bits have just been put through a translator and copypasted to the page.

Also, it feels as if you're trying to rush into the story too fast; having only read the first chapter, I can't pass comment on the rest of the story yet, but during the reunion with Elise and the others, it just felt like you were trying to be dialogue-only, but then you'd jump in with aseemingly out of place description of the surroundings - i know it sounds terrible coming from an amateur writer like me, but finding the balance between the dialogue and the descriptions is key to being able to keep the story flowing. While I was reading it, however, it felt a bit all over the place.

But I'll stop bantering on now, and shall review the next chapter soon!

Adios!

MercyA
7/2/2013 c6 62TYZO300
Great story when I first got my PlayStation 2 the first game I played was SSX 1. Now after a decade I play the reboot and I'm reminded of why I love the game so much. Hope you keep updating to the end.
6/29/2013 c5 8Dyceman88
Hey Matthew94, great story so far, keep it up, writing a story is hard work believe me I know, I have several fan fiction as well as my own stories on the go and only managed to finish one.
ok to review... well most of the things I can only notice are more matter of personal opinions than anything else, things that other SSX fans might indicate as incorrect depending on their view of the characters etc... for example the ages or Griff being the enemy. IMO I never liked the idea of Griff becoming the enemy for example but that is just me. also if you are going off the ages in SSX 2012 (which I presume u are) there was a slight lack of logic to those next to the past. All the previous SSX games followed a perfect pattern in character ages using Mac as an example in SSX he was 15, then Tricky he was 16, then 18 then 20 and then there was 6 years between On Tour and 2012...this would be fine except for some random reason Moby randomly became 29 and older than Zoe in 2012 when he used to be two years younger than Zoe (so he should have been 24). anyway i'm ranting now a bit, aside from the odd spelling error there is nothing wrong with the way you have written it, it is well done and well laid out. I would recommend though that u look I not the character's background a bit...you'll find that the character's chosen to take on each region wasn't always the best choice by logic and by what their bios say. For example Psymon would have made more sense for Siberia as he apparently is a glacier climber and knows how to handle ice terrain. While Alexis knows the Alps like the back of her hand having come from there and has numerous medals from the Alps. of course this is your story so it is up to you but it is something to bear in mind
3/31/2013 c2 1SSXfanatic
I can tell from the first chapter that you've shown that you are a huge SSX fan. Actually, I'm pretty sure you're not far from the rest of those who also love the game. Personally, I'd have to say the last REALLY good SSX game was SSX 3 nearly a decade ago. On Tour strayed too far from the original formula of character and uber trick importance, and Blur was just a totally crappy game that should have never existed.

As for the new game, I think everything except for the characters was incredible, although not having an in-depth story mode, poor character style evolution, online requirement, no real-time multiplayer, and terrible game shop makes the game really hard to be considered better than 3, or even Tricky. I still have to say, I'm glad with the direction the franchise went, and hopefully there will be a better SSX in the near future.

Now for you're story. I'd have to say, I'm not a fan of having the first chapter being an 'announcement' or the second being a preview, although I'm not familiar with your writing style and that you're probably expecting a more non-SSX fan audience to follow through from your previous stories, as you indicated prior. However you plan to continue your story, I'd recommend either removing or minimizing any non-story chapters later on.

In this example chapter, I found it odd when Ty was in the security room, was he...just talking to himself? If or when you go further than this, I suggest either adding a character during the scene or taking out the quotations to make it seem less awkward. Everything else makes sense.

Other than that, I'd like to see if however you take something unique like this. I'll probably wait until a later update before I see it come together.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service