FanFiction.Net
for The Gift

8/12/2018 c1 11Laluzi
Pity this story's so long abandoned - I really enjoyed reading this. Vicente Valtieri's one of my favorite characters in Oblivion, and he (or any of the DB members, really) doesn't get a lot of love compared to Lucien Lachance. But him being an alchemist is such a rare take - most people run with 'an expedition' being the Legion, and I've sincerely enjoyed all of these characters you keep introducing despite knowing that nearly all of them are doomed. Even Drevas was growing on me, the same way Vicente might have even been growing on him... though I get the impression the latter would have reacted poorly to the events of the final chapter.

Would have liked to see Vicente return to High Rock, but some things weren't meant to be. Thanks for writing this!
7/6/2013 c19 18MissFabulous09
Love, love, love it! Keep going on with this fantastic story!:D
7/5/2013 c19 Shadowvulpes
Amazing so far 3
6/30/2013 c18 Fiwen9430
I'm sad that so few people seem to be reading this because it is a great origin story for one of the best characters in Oblivion. I like the way you slip in bits of vampiric lore like sleeping in dirt to avoid the sun, and I especially enjoyed the bit at the end with Vicente's cold logic about killing the father. The amount of detail about Vvardenfell is also giving me flashbacks to playing Morrowind, which I haven't done for a couple of years, so I can imagine the scenes quite easily.
6/28/2013 c17 Fiwen9430
And Vicente discovers his allergy to garlic...ouch.

I believe the town is actually called Gnisis, not Gnesis.
6/16/2013 c16 Ep1cN00b
this is a good story, its always nice to read one about a background character. its good
6/4/2013 c1 flovahkiin
I hope you update and/or continue, because this is fabulous!
5/25/2013 c1 MadnessAtHand
Thank you for writing something with Vicente that's not romance! *hugs*
5/20/2013 c16 monochrome rose
Hi, and may I just say how glad I am to read a well-written vampire fanfic (by a female writer, no less) that is NOT about romance! There are waay too many fangirl fics out there that utterly ruin my favorite characters. Your Vicente is both likeable and believable as a character, and I also like how you take the time to describe the cities and landscape from his point of view (having never played Oblivion). Will definitely be following, so please keep writing!

The only error that really bugged me while reading your story was your use of "lounged" - lounged is not the same as lunged. Lunged means to move suddenly and quickly, lounged means to lie around on a comfy seat. )
5/9/2013 c16 9OnnaMusha
Dying to see the continuation! Update soon puh-leeaase? :3
4/25/2013 c15 M
Just had the weirdest mental image of Vincente doing sit-ups with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background and a Dunmer with a towel draped over his neck yelling at him... Seriously, it's a WEIRD image.

Can't wait for the next update!
4/23/2013 c14 M
Oh, poor Vincente... Well, it could be worse. He could still be out there in the wild.

Update soon!
4/23/2013 c14 24Wylrin
Yay! New chapter! :D

I like how Vicente can't control himself even when the person isn't bleeding, and how his senses tune in on the blood flowing through the person's veins.

I look forward to more chapters in the future! :D
4/15/2013 c13 Wylrin
This. Story. Is. Amazing.

I love it so much! I think you've captured the aspect of vampirism perfectly. The way Vicente was writhing about in so much agony when he was turning, the almost breaking of his mind during and after he had become a vampire, it all just seems so perfect.

I hope you keep on writing more chapters! :D
4/6/2013 c11 9OnnaMusha