for Darkness & the Light

4/15/2013 c1 5On either side the river lie
The last line has me sobbing after such a beautiful and soft glimpse of the M/M we didn't see. Your words have added light to my heart and a moment that should have been canon. So many little pieces jumped out with delight, and the images that are drawn are like the painting on the walls of Highclere. A fantastic fic, and I hope the words help you as much as they are a salve to me. You're a Darling and I LOVED you
4/15/2013 c1 jmar
"...so attached to the man she'd marry" - part of what draws me to Mary is that from her early days she would have felt so 'trapped' in her life, the waiting room she told Matthew about in season 1. And he released her, like Rapunzel - to have a full life. Yes, we know their happiness will be short (thanks so much, DS...), but they DID have happiness. Many people struggle for years trying to find someone or something to fulfill their lives; we should all be so lucky to have a life complemented with another who loves us, challenges us, completes us. I'm sure there are more moments like this that you portrayed so well with M&M in their married life that we would enjoy 'living' with them. Thanks!
4/15/2013 c1 5ultra94
Written beautifully. That was one of the most lovely Downton Abbey stories I've read. It was poetic and absolutely lovely. I really enjoyed your style of writing and your characterization of both Matthew and Mary felt spot on. Good work! :)
4/15/2013 c1 usafan2
Wow,this is very beautifully written and incredibly moving.
4/15/2013 c1 Kamille
thanks a lot for making me sad :((
20 « Prev Page 1 2