FanFiction.Net
for The Planet

1/26/2022 c1 Guest
It's been years since this was written.

I hope a follow-up to this exists somewhere, even if it only exists in our hearts. Or imagination.
6/29/2015 c1 1Zaro Garon
Well it seems less like a story and more like a prequel to one, it does seem to be building up to a future story however. Overall I really do wish there were more 40k lotr crossovers and what ones do exist so far are lacking in quality.
10/11/2014 c1 95TMI Fairy
Interesting.
And an intriguing choice of Primarchs - the beautiful mutant and the dour assault engineer.
Borys
9/7/2014 c1 24Kamzil118
I really like how this story is going. I'm going to be watching this very closely.
5/9/2013 c1 14LalaithElerrina
I confess, I know nothing of Warhammer; absolutely nothing. However, I do like Lord of the Rings, and I enjoyed this short story. These entities are looking over the doings of Arda, and meanwhile, below them, elves, and men, and dwarves and hobbits going about their business, large and small, completely oblivious to what is going on above their atmosphere.

There's one thing I noticed that seemed slightly out of place. The Emperor is speaking, and he is addressing his sons. He uses the pronoun 'you' repeatedly, but then finishes the sentence with 'thee,' which seems out of place for a couple of reasons. For one thing, he's been using 'you' which makes a sudden use of 'thee' seem a bit odd to me, and for another thing, he appears to be speaking to them both, but I am quite certain that 'thee' is singular. Even back in Shakespeare's day, 'thee' was used only when addressing one person, (assuming that person was an equal, not your superior.)
5/9/2013 c1 Juyng
Praise the Emperor
man this is great
but you did repeat the chapter after
"The great battle fleet slipped into warp. Behind them, Arda spun on, unknowingly, eternally, protected."