for Ranma and Akane: The One True Couple

10/15/2020 c4 15Richard Ryley
Okay, it's been years since this was first posted, but I have to say this is an inspired take on the Fukufic. I'm really sorry I missed it. I like the rest of your one-shots too, but I felt I had to review this one.

First of all, the idea of Akane being a secret hedonist and seductress is hilarious. I mean, Akane can't be a slacker like Sailor Moon, but Usagi was very obsessed with comfort and food, and at least once she and Tuxedo Mask got together was very interested in pleasure in the sexual sense, as well. I can see Akane developing Usagi's massive appetite, or already being a big eater.

Her being a bisexual fits with Ranma's curse, so it's not inconsistent with Usagi's character, and adds a bit of Akane to the mix. And I REALLY enjoyed the revelation that Akane likes their fights, and has already accepted her feelings for Ranma. It kind of rushed both her story and Sailor Moon's, as they pretty much figured out who they were right from the start, but it fits. And given that Usagi and Mamoru fought all the time when they first met, it makes sense that Ranma and Akane do too. Here, Akane is aware that their fighting it a part of their relationship and she embraces it, although she still has trouble not taking it personally.

In fact, Ranma and Akane's roles seem to be reversed a bit here, as Akane is the one who picks on Ranma because she enjoys it and to get a rise out of him, while Ranma is a bit more introspective and regretful. This leans a bit more on the feminine side of Ranma's personality, which makes sense as his girl side is the lead character. Casting Ranma as Tuxedo Mask and Akane as Sailor Moon would be more in keeping with their true gender, but would not be nearly as interesting.

The other thing I find interesting is that apparently the "cats" are only able to possess Jusenkyo curse victims. They think they're just possessing animals with "a lot of ki", but we know the truth, which is that normal animals don't have enough ki for them. So they don't realize they're taking over a human. I'm curious as to whether the cats' possession forces the switch, or they have to wait it out until Ryoga or Mousse get splashed. It's also interesting that both Venus and Artemis are based in Nerima, meaning they apparently never adventured in London and in fact are not far from Sailor Moon. (Meaning they might meet much sooner, especially since Kasumi already knows about them)

Also the Moon Computer taking on the form of a video game is pretty creative. If that was a plot point in the anime I missed it. (I assumed it was just a communication device Artemis developed)

Now the stage is set for Ryoga's true identity to be revealed to Ranma, and for him to keep the secret from Akane. Or perhaps Akane will be let in on the secret for once. Either way, they're going to know that Ryoga is being possessed by Artemis, but neither Ryoga nor Artemis will know that. It's also interesting that Shampoo could be possessed by Luna, as long as Ranma isn't around. She could deliver the occasional message to Akane that way, if Ryoga isn't in P-chan form.

it's too bad this didn't go any further, but I can understand not wanting to get too far into it. :D
5/1/2020 c2 Joseph D. Hale
Hey, Good Story. I like the plot and basic themes since I like both Star Wars and Percy Jackson so I will enjoy reading a story like this when its made into an actual full story. Keep up the good work. I'll see you soon, Bye!
6/30/2019 c5 1James423
"The Saotome Girls" is one I'd love to see continued.
5/8/2018 c5 3shadowkat87
Another good story i would love to read more of.
5/8/2018 c4 shadowkat87
Absolutely love this idea if crossing over my two favorite animes with a third kind of thrown in would love to read more.
5/7/2018 c3 shadowkat87
I like this idea too and would love to read more.
5/7/2018 c2 shadowkat87
Like the idea would love to read more.
6/10/2015 c1 NaluKnight
Thought I'd check this out since you've given me like 3 reviews. Don't know much about this manga but the writing was good!
2/26/2015 c8 12Noy Telin'u
The quick bonding and revealing giant secrets about themselves so soon... It seems very wrong somehow. Regardless, it seems interesting enough so I may keep an eye on it.

Good job.
2/15/2015 c2 Raelock
OMG! I loved this! The Pigtailed god (dess) was amazing I want to read more! I please say that you will make more!
2/11/2015 c8 3Hera321
At first, I was confused with all this new names and roles. Although crazy, it seems very funny. The new characters you added make it even better and unique.

Wouldn't it will be better if you switched Soun with his wife?

Reading all this chapters, I can see that you really like onna RanmaX Akane stories, don't you?
2/11/2015 c7 Hera321
I was never a fan of Aladdin but with all the craziness I'm sure you would add, I think it would become a good story.

I always laugh when I read Jerk with heart of gold. That's the Ranma we all like.
2/11/2015 c6 Hera321
I was expecting them to have some kind of superpowers but they already have their ki attacks and weapons.

Will they have to face some kind of supernatural creatures? Or will it just be those bandits?

I loved the names you chose for them.
2/11/2015 c5 Hera321
That was surely an... Odd story. I read another fic where something similar happens. I have to confess I have mixed feelings with those stories where Akane get pregnant in such young age.

But like the previous chapters I would like to see this one continued too.

My only question is, how does Akane know about lesbian sex? More specific, about tribadism?
2/7/2015 c8 Armichi
Since Kasumi is showing up in an altered capacity, does that mean that Nabiki will show up as well. She may be the only character that I actively dislike in the series, but she makes such an excellent antagonist. Also, congrats, the one extant chapter of the Tomboy Bride, actually caused me to finally read the Princess Bride, so thanks for that.
57 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »