for Overheard Conversations

5/31/2013 c4 1kmart92
Amazing! I love the twist at the end with Elizabeth listening - maybe Elizabeth will soften her opinion of his actions based on his explanation and compliments? Please tell me there will be more, I can't stand the thought of this fic being over!
5/30/2013 c4 fflish
Ha!
I was wondering how you were going to spin this so Darcy could go on and propose and make a fool of himself later in the evening. It's great!
5/30/2013 c4 jytte
The overheard conversations are great fun! Can really change the reactions and the story. Please continue!
5/30/2013 c4 cutelilmochi
I hate how easy it seems for Bingley to be forgiven in canon. This sounds like it would lead to a more blunted confrontation between Darcy and Elizabeth. I hope he apologizes anyway. Why would Col. Fitzwilliam be confused that Darcy would refer to Elizabeth as beautiful and charming? Woukd it count in Darcy's favor that he visits tenants that are not his own?
5/25/2013 c3 10Avanell
Great turn of events...listening to others without their knowing ;) Awesome update!
5/23/2013 c3 Guest
really interesting
5/21/2013 c1 4Miss Pseudonymous
This was lovely! Love the premise, and it's very well executed! Thanks for this! :)
5/21/2013 c3 fflish
Wow
Here's to Miss Bingley and here's to you!
What a story!
5/21/2013 c3 pigtails913
Oh ... that was lovely. I like your take on Caroline (so much more realistic than some portrayals of her). While I can't deny I like a good Caroline smack-down, I think this is much more fair and thoughtful - without giving her too much credit for those thoughts and feelings the Authoress did not attribute to her.
5/21/2013 c3 darcysfriend
There you go, quite a different spin on a Caroline set-down. Nice job ... it pointed very well to a redeemable Caroline. You wrote a very good story, and I heartily congratulate you.
5/21/2013 c3 4Astonishment
I liked this chapter. I never really thought that Caroline was in love with Darcy, just that she was entitled to him, in her own mind, because of all the effort she had put into securing him. Overhearing D&E in love definitely sent her mind reeling!
5/20/2013 c2 QueenSilence
Thank you for this post. I liked it quite much. You could write the second proposal overheard by either Kitty (and perhaps Maria Lukas as well) or Jane and Bingley (though I know that for Jane it is a great surprise that Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged, but any way). Thanks again!
5/20/2013 c2 Guest
REally interesting to have Mrs Bennet overhear
5/20/2013 c2 barnabus67
Sometimes i want to strangle Mrs Bennet and others just hug her to bits...for them most part her mind is highly entertaining abeit annoying most..
5/20/2013 c2 fflish
"It made a perverse sense to Mrs. Bennet- they were both intelligent, opinionated and, she privately thought, very disagreeable at times." Right you are, Mrs. B!

This was a very good chapter. The first chapter was okayish; but in this Mrs. B is well portrayed and stays so much true to the her canon counterpart, that it was really a pleasure to read.

You should do a chapter with Mr. B who overhears a bit of conversation when Lizzy and Darcy return very late after his second proposal.
56 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »