for Only a Fool's Hope

1/2/2014 c1 Seth7
good job! _
9/4/2013 c1 7Aileil
Thank you so much for this story. Not only have you taken the time to include details from other works of Tolkein which give the foundation for his more famous works, but you blended the references in quite naturally. I especially appreciate the theme you ran with for this delightful tale. This is a great comfort for those of us who will run off on the oddest errands on the strength of a fool's hope. It is nice to be reminded on occasion that were it not for a fool's hope there are many battles that would not have been won and goals left unreached for much less achieved.
8/19/2013 c1 Karakehribar
I love how you blended canon & movieverse - very interesting look at what Gandalf may have been thinking!
6/5/2013 c1 168Soledad
I love how you explained the rather uncanonical shortness of Thorin's beard!

The parts from the Unfinished Tales filled the holes very well.
5/14/2013 c1 3ave-mah
I like this story a lot - short and sweet. I thought your characterizations were very good, and I too think Fili's the reason Kili gets into trouble ;) He's the one that instigates teasing Bilbo about orcs, although Kili does pick it up rather gleefully. I love both boys, though. I also love what you've done with Bofur. i will have to go read the story you recommended. Thanks for writing, and I hope to see more!