for The Journals of Harry Potter, Book 1: The Spiral-Bound Notebook

10/1/2020 c21 Guest
I love all the 'Tango says...' It's so true that animals communicate so clearly its as if they could talk.
10/1/2020 c12 Guest
Cor! The Black coach is seriously cool! That's the best image i've encountered in HP fanfiction.
8/30/2020 c28 Guest
Thank you for this absolutely brilliant story. So different; so entertaining. I hope there's a sequel, but I think the last time I checked there wasn't one.
1/10/2020 c28 mumphie
I really liked your story. It's quite a different take than any I've seen. I hope when 'Morty' comes back he definitely finds a different world, one in which he loses quickly and decisively.
5/1/2019 c2 Old Shrimpster
I love this story arc. You do a young boys perspective beautifully. LOL literally at times.
1/4/2019 c28 Guest
What a great story! I don't usually like reading first person stories, but your idea of making yours a diary makes it feel like you're reading a letter from Harry. So different! I love it when Harry gets to have the sort of life he should have had if his parents had lived. One thing though, I don't think he was checked over by a doctor to have his malnutrition countered or his injections, magical and non-magical - or did I miss that? Shame he lost his grandfather Black so early in the story, but I guess that was needed to have all the DEs swear fealty to him before Hogwarts. I hope we'll see more of Aunt C (i'm not going to attempt to spell it!).
1/3/2019 c6 Guest
Poor Harry! What an awful life!
1/3/2019 c4 Guest
Just going to add a note that I should have on Ch 1 but forgot. Performing below your best is all very well in Hogwarts where everyone is basically in the same class (40 or so in the whole year?). But in a comprehensive secondary school? Where they have 250 in each year? No, they are streamed so Harry would end up in a lower set/stream and wouldn't get such a good education because he'd be in with the slower learners or the disruptive ones. You always want to be in the top sets in a UK state school for the best chance of a good educational experience.
1/3/2019 c3 Guest
This is a really refreshing and interesting idea. Were you inspired by the Adrian Mole books as the style and character remind me of those? Very enjoyable anyway. I've just read the AN; hope angst does not ensue.
7/25/2018 c21 Veronica McClure
Shame on you, Harry, for forgetting Tango in your grief! Haha
7/12/2018 c7 Veronica McClure
All well and good Harry; but what if your full first is Henry in the Brit tradition, rather than Harold in American English? Hmm?
7/5/2017 c28 theMerryMonarch
Honestly, this was the most entertaining thing I've read this year.
2/4/2017 c28 missgsmith51
This was a lovely story. I really like the first-person point of view. I think this group of kids has enormous potential to change Hogwarts for the better. I wonder if Dumbledore is going to start thinking Harry is the next LV. After all, look at all of the friends (followers?) he is amassing. That seems to be how Dumbledore's mind works.

I'm curious to see how Harry and Hermione hit it off. He will kind of have the opportunity to see how a Muggleborn appears to those born and raised in the Wizarding population. Perhaps he can make her transition into the magical world a bit smoother and help her avoid the usual difficulties she experiences.

I look forward to the next phase of Harry's year. I do hope you are planing to finish the story.
2/4/2017 c26 missgsmith51
It's weird to read Lucius being normal and polite. He is generally a colossal dirt bag. I still don't really trust him, but I'm a cynic. I do find it amusing that he has to deal with the Dursleys. They're lucky all three of them (four, actually; I forgot about Dud) have changed their ways recently, or there would surely have been bloodshed.

I think it's cute that Harry wants Figgy to move with them. Harry's attachment to her shows the importance of kids having their grandparents in their lives.
2/4/2017 c23 missgsmith51
Well, Draco is still a bit snooty, but he seems to have possibilities. It was nice to see all of the kids getting along. I can't help thinking that pre-existing inter-house friendships can go a long way toward making Hogwarts a better experience for the first years. Harry and Draco alone not battling should make life easier for everyone in first year.

I can't wait to see how Tango gets on at Hogwarts.
152 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »