for Taxi Driver-Redux

6/9/2017 c1 tezmilion
THANK YOU. Thank you for addressing all those obvious plot-holes and trampled mythologies that made me so frustrated over Season 8. God, I miss those early days when Supernatural used to have a plot actually made sense.
3/23/2017 c4 3Tomb Raider and Walking Dead
It did, thanks. Though I still wish that Dean would have called Benny. Tell Sam that sense he understands now he can deal with it then help Benny with being topside. Anyway I liked this. It cleared things up.
3/23/2017 c2 Tomb Raider and Walking Dead
I have to thank you for clearing up some of the reaper lore. It was kind of got messed up in season 8 and on. I also think you write Dean and Sam very well and I agree with Dean going with Sam. I don't hate season 8, I can't bring myself to hate any of the seasons but there are things I don't like. Like the death of Benny. I wanted Benny to become part of the family. His relationship with Dean was very...I don't know, innocent? Clean? Simple? I liked it. And reading your author notes and the reviews on here, well I agree. I think the way Dean and Sam are written is getting a little irritating. On one end Sam is getting the major plot points. But Dean is getting most of the feels. But then again Sam gets almost a complete season on his time in hell and Dean gets a couple of episodes. And even Dean's time in Purgatory is forgotten. And yet Dean gets closer relationships to the side characters. I can't decide if the writers like Sam or Dean more.

Either way seasons 8 and 9 are responsible for running Sam for me. Sure Dean was my fav. but I liked Sam until then. in all honesty when I was watching season 9 I was asking the tv why Dean killed Benny for this? For his relationship with his brother? Cause that was thrown back in his face.

Anyway my point is I see what everyone means. I don't think Sam or Dean fans can be satisfied because in one way the other is having a better deal. If the writers balanced it out it wouldn't be a problem but it is because they didn't. But I do think this problem isn't just in season 8. I think the only thing I don't like about the show, that is on the writer fault and not my personal preference, is that the brothers don't seem to be balanced. Oh and the whole checklist thing. Dean hell, Sam hell. Dean Purgatory, Sam Purgatory. Dean Mark of Cain, Sam MOC (the last one is what made me stop caring for the checklist, I understood why it was there before that but now it just seems pointless).

Anyway ranting aside (your fic seems to bring that out of people) I like your point of view on season 8. This rewrite is really good. Too bad your not a writer on Supernatural.
3/23/2017 c1 Tomb Raider and Walking Dead
Hell, seasons 8 and 9 are what made me hate Sam, or at the very least, want to hit him where the sun don't shine 100 times.
4/26/2016 c4 Shazza85
I loved your versoion! I remember how ticked at all the canon that was trashed by this episode. Good thing they got Bobby to heaven so he could help break Metatron from his cell. Hope they get to kill home this year!
4/23/2014 c4 This
Is awesome and makes so much sense. Seriously Benny didn't have to die at all...
7/2/2013 c4 Jeanne
I liked your version much better. Thanks for sharing.
6/2/2013 c4 AlecDeanFan
I absolutely loved this. It was 100 times better than the episode. And I must confess, I totally love lethal, purgatory Dean. I'm also glad that Sam actually apologized to Dean. Again something that never really happens in the show. Sam never seems to apologize for anything. Great story.
6/2/2013 c3 AlecDeanFan
Very intense chapter. I would've loved to see this happen on the show, but of course everything Dean goes through gets forgotten and brushed aside. So they would never have let this happen. And now they're in purgatory.
6/2/2013 c2 AlecDeanFan
I'm still liking this a lot better than the original. It seems a lot more realistic than the shows version. And a lot more interesting. And now Dean's been captured by Crowley, so not good. Can't wait to see how he's going to get out of this.
6/2/2013 c1 AlecDeanFan
I totally agreed with everything you said in this. I actually think Jeremy Carver is an even bigger Sam-girl than Sara Gamble, which I didn't think was even possible. So far I'm already loving this better than the actual episode. I'm also glad that you don't intend to kill Benny. I hated that. I loved Dean and Benny's friendship. It was a lot more honest and genuine. Benny was a true friend. More than I can say for Sam or Cas. Anyway, great chapter.
5/31/2013 c4 7Red Tape Will Drive You Nuts
I have no idea why they bothered with the going-to-hell-through-purgatory's-back-door plot, and what you've done here with the gate makes so much more sense, I can't even tell you. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tess, and it was so good to see her again. I also applaud you for remedying the Disneyland!Hell they created in the show - love the idea of having to run around for a while before finding Bobby.

Either way, doing this all in one episode was gonna stretch the limits of credibility considering how hard it's been to get into and out of hell prior to this season, but what you have here is leagus better than the nonsense they tried to sell us in canon. I can only pray that someone else is showrunner for season nine.
5/31/2013 c1 Red Tape Will Drive You Nuts
I haven't read this yet, but I just wanted to say thank you for writing this. I'm doing a fic now that is basically a rewrite of the season, and it's for the very same reasons you listed here. I didn't care for this season at all, but reading all of the horrendous details at once really drives home the point about how awful it really was. Now I'm off the read the fic, lol.
5/26/2013 c4 Miyo86
I hated Season 8 too- it was such a disappointment after being so excited that Gamble left and Carver was back...I guess noone really knows how to steer the show better than Kripke. But as for fic, I much prefered this to the actual episode. I have always liked Tessa, so it was good to see her. Your version felt more authentic- those two boys gripe about the other hunting alone, let alone changing planes of existence...the old Dean would have fought harder to get there himself, not kill a friend and angst over it.
5/26/2013 c4 600K Hanna Korossy
I'll be honest, I don't hate Season 8 as much as you, especially after the finale. But while I acknowledged all these flaws as they occurred, seeing them all together like this was really striking as to how poorly they'd planned this season out. While I'm not a fan of a/u and rewrites, you did a fascinating and thoughtful job of reworking things so they made much more sense and still worked beautifully. It was very interesting reading! I especially liked Sam getting to see Dean in his element in Purgatory and the clever entrance you found into Hell. Good way to channel your frustrations, and here's to next year being better!
42 Page 1 .. Last Next »