for In German, Please!

5/27/2013 c1 24TheMostRandomOfRandomWriters
Haha! I always thought that was weird.
5/27/2013 c1 rromanov
Yes you totally should make this into a multi chapter story
5/27/2013 c1 Sandy-wmd
Auf Deutsch, bitte.

They probably should have done that scene in German, with English subtitles, like they did Natasha's "interrogation" scene in Russian.
5/27/2013 c1 11boudicafireheart
See, most people assume he's speaking the Alltongue, a mythological language that forms the speaker's words into the language of the listener. That also explains why a) despite the fact that Loki and Thor are ancient Norse/Scandinavian gods, they speak perfect English, and b) why we could understand the old German gentleman that replied to Loki.
But nonetheless, it's a hilarious idea, and I love this one-shot. XD
5/27/2013 c1 3chrissyleena
Oh gawd, it bugged me too! I mean, many Germans are quite good with English but it would have still been awkward!
Btw, if I may be so bold, you should correct the german sentence. It should be something along the lines of: "Sie merken schon, dass Sie gerade eine Rede auf Englisch einem deutschen Publikum gegeben haben?" At the same time, it sounds odd to use the formal address, so switching to the colloquial 'du' would make it more fitting (thus "Du merkst schon, dass du gerade eine Rede auf Englisch einem deutschen Publikum gegeben hast?"), especially since you made her 'smirk' :)
Leena