for Living Image

1/16/2019 c1 21AmandaBaker852
Thank you for this wonderful story. You really explained the difference between how Thorin treats Fili and Kili well.
12/16/2017 c1 15Ce De Brownie
This is GREAT. Thank you so mucho for sharing It!
5/4/2015 c1 ladylin11
Holy wow. This was everything I had in my headcanon about Frerin, Thorin, Dis, Fili and Kili that I didn't even know I had there. This was so beautifully (and tragically) written with these characters done perfectly. This has officially broken my heart and I will never be over it.
1/13/2015 c1 511TolkienGirl
This is beautiful and carefully crafted and so sad. Thank you for a lovely piece that rang very true for all characters concerned. Wonderful depiction of Frerin, too, whom I love...
5/6/2014 c1 24everindscripts
This is sad...but I do agree with all the head canons you based them on and I like how you let it play out. Also the way you mixed movie and book-verse was...well-balanced I guess. I like this though it's sad. Oh the feels! I wouldn't have wanted you to continue either because we all know it's too sad. That being said I do like Frerin's perspective, though I found it a bit too Kili-ish at times. There's a distinction, but I think it needs to be felt more, maybe in Kili's reasons for being reckless or carefree. I guess that could be explained more in another narrative though. Great work either way, putting this on my Fave list :)
1/17/2014 c1 xXMoonlitSorrowsXx
Okay definitely bawled my eyes out when reading this.
1/1/2014 c1 BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope
Very well written.
12/17/2013 c1 12That Fantasy Junkie 96
That was a very interesting way to explain how Thorin feels about his nephews. Well done.
12/8/2013 c1 3thesunwillshineclear
You have succeeded in making me cry. Gosh, I loved it though!
10/30/2013 c1 137silvermoongirl10
I loved this so much! While one part of me is sad it ended another part of me is glad as...well...I think you know the reason! I can't find the words to describe what I felt reading this so I will just say it was heartbreaking but beautiful to read!
8/27/2013 c1 48Baroness Emma
Well, I'm sold. I must admit that while I liked the Hobbit movie, it did not inspire me all that much. I am delighted that it DID inspire others. This is a wonderful story, full of all the joy and sadness of the Dwarves, and just enough Tolkien-ish-ness to make it engaging without putting the non-full-blown Tolkien-nerds off. As an avowed member of the Order of Tolkien Fanatics, I applaud your efforts.
8/19/2013 c1 Karakehribar
I like how you are exploring more back story of The Hobbit! Well-written & interesting.
7/7/2013 c1 10Brihna
This was perfect and I could just cry! This is exactly how I picture Thorin, Frerin, and Dis growing up.

I wholeheartedly accept your head-canons! I've thought a lot about that too. My sister and I have actually had this conversation a few times. I would say that the reasoning behind why Thorin treats the boys differently is a combination of both of our ideas. Kili very much reminds Thorin of Frerin, and I think that is were the 'overly protective' part really comes into play. Likewise, Fili reminds Thorin of himself, so he holds him to a higher standard. But I do think that their individual personalities have baring on that as well.

My mother has always said that you love your children equally, but that doesn't mean you treat them exactly 'the same.' Each child is their own person with their own personality and their own individual needs. My ideas behind Fili and Kili's personalities came from just watching Dean and Aidan's performances very closely. Fili strikes me as the type to just sort of role with the punches. Nothing seems to really rattle him all that much. (Except the eagle scene after Thorin fell, and who knows what all was going through his head!) Then there's Kili. With Kili I think back to the scene the first night when him and Fili were sort of cracking jokes about orcs and Thorin reprimands them. Kili's face in that scene gets me every time (props to Aidan), he looks absolutely crushed. While Fili, again, seems more to take it in stride.

So, in response to what you said about mine, I think yours makes a great deal of sense and I really believe that it's a combination of both! Yay for all the head-canons! XD
6/5/2013 c1 168Soledad
Thank you for this beautiful tale! It's such a joy to find something canon-compative and so well-written since the movie has come out, I almost gave up hope. You've done great work here.
5/31/2013 c1 Jas
Jesus Christ, talk about ripping my heart out and shredding it to pieces! *cries*
21 Page 1 2 Next »