for You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone

6/7/2013 c1 ShallICompareThee
Aaaaw! I loved it!
I like these fic-exchange thingies, it’s always fun to see the way an author deals with a plot they didn’t come up with. I have to say I didn’t like them breaking up like that, without even trying to have a proper fight or talk to each other like adults. I know situations like these can happen in RL, sometimes, but somehow I can’t see these two characters just drifting away without trying to address the issue. I don’t know how detailed your prompt was, but I think that the way they distanced from each other so quietly wasn’t very IC.
Or maybe I’m just spoiled and addicted to your usual way of writing and lack of useless angst.
Anyway! I liked it overall, as I said; I enjoyed the way they reunited and told each other there hadn’t been anyone after their relationship. I also loved all the little details you managed to slip in the plot, like Kurt noticing Dave must have worked out to ease his frustration and that’s why he got thinner or how Kurt chose his costume and character after a comic book Dave had introduced him to.
Thank you for posting it!
Typos: “except their father's”; “with their father's as witnesses”; and I swear there was another one at the beginning, but I can’t find it anymore.
6/5/2013 c1 PamperedKitty
This was such a good read, it was so sweet
6/5/2013 c1 AnActressexual
Another awesome Kurtofsky story. Well done emotionally and pretty steamy too!
6/5/2013 c1 10louisestrange
This was lovely. Their stilted conversation, their overall lack of communication and swift separation as everything fell apart felt so real that I wasn't sure how you'd put it back together again. But you did - and how! The part where they got carried away at the party, heedless of the watching eyes around them, was priceless! And their reunion was incredibly hot. Another great story :)
6/4/2013 c1 Jen M Star
This was lovely. And I always have a thing for top!Kurt. I so enjoyed this and always love seeing more of your work.
6/4/2013 c1 9midlifecrisses
OMG I am so starved for Kurtofsky fic - but that does not mean that by any account this was not a big ol' piece of lov-e-ly. I have never once doubted that Kurt is the only one for Dave - and hearing him say it just made my heart sing. Thank you so much for this!
6/4/2013 c1 nessyschu
Aww, that was really sweet. And hot of course haha. Good job!
6/4/2013 c1 maryd828
Great job! Totally believeable and true to the characters. An amazingly hot sex scene doesn't hurt, either. :-)
6/4/2013 c1 2rocketninjaslap
This was wonderful. And way more realistic than most break-up-make-up fics, where they never adress the problem. Really, really great.