for An Elf by Any Other Name

12/22/2015 c1 15Flaminea
You just made a Fenris/Hawke fangirl happy!

There are several impressive sentences in this story, and they're the ones that reveal the soul of it.

First: "I had been waiting without knowing it."

I think it expresses very well how Hawke herself is confused. Happy, sure, but still confused by his new presence. Fenris is now by her side in a way she'd never have excepted him to be.

Second: "Something sparked between us [...] I knew it was anger for both of us."

Elaborating on what the first impression is, is important. What do we see into the eyes of a person we come to love or we befriend the first time we meet him/her?

Third: "My heart ached for him in a way, while my body ached for him in another."

This simple sentences show us it's not just sex for her. Not even considering that she could have been in love with him for a long time. At least, that's the feeling I get.

I'm impressed how Fenris decides to choose a new name. It's as if he's really turning the page :)
Also, I like howe you explored the matter of Fenris' word: how can he be trusted if he breaks a promise? Yes, it's Hadriana, but still... I don't think I've seen many fics focusing on that aspect.

However, I admit I would have like to know more about Hawke's feelings during those three years of "emotional distance". They keep working together, but how does she fare? How does she feel exactly?

Still, a great piece of romance :) I loved it!
7/17/2013 c1 6Ironlion2096
Of course i'm doing another review ;) i have waaay to much free time. Anyhoo i found this very interesting and surprising. this is not just a typical romance of the two falling head over heals. Well Hawke manages to do that but she has an excuse; waiting 3 years is a long time after all. It is not a happy ever after because there is still barriers between them but the picture i got from this was adorable if not sad. Your foreshadowing and leaving our minds to do the rest of the work which is a skill for sure.
This has a thumbs up from me :D
Rose
6/19/2013 c1 mordantmonkey69
I really like that last line...
6/10/2013 c1 54FenZev
Renaming Fenris? Wow! Loved this, sweet and heartfelt and wrapped up their relationship perfectly ;)