for Come On Harry Potter, Raise Your Glass

8/28/2017 c1 22ZadArchie
Unfortunately, you cannot use copyrighted song lyrics or parts of song lyrics in a fic. It is not only against the Terms of Service we all agreed to when we signed up for this site, but is also considered plagiarism since you do not own the rights to these songs. You may, however, reference them, tell readers to listen to said songs while reading in an author's note at the beginning, or completely re-write the lyrics so they are your own. Take all these suggestions into consideration, as they will help you avoid ToS issues in the future. Please understand, I say what I say in the spirit of what this site is about, making good stories great, if not brilliant.

Best,
Zad
Critics United
1/30/2017 c1 catspats31
The story is good, but since it has the copied lyrics of Pink's "Raise Your Glass", it breaks the following part of the Content Guidelines:

Actions not allowed:
3. Copying from a previously published work (including musical lyrics) not in the public domain.

Please remove all of the copied lyrics from your story because the owners of this site have no legal permission from the songwriters.

And in case you're wondering when and why that rule is made, here is the background information. Back on April 27, 2005, the admins put this message on the front page regarding songfics:

In addition, [this site] would like to address a growing problem. For whatever reason, some writers feel it's okay to copy-n-paste musical lyrics they have not written into their fiction. If you did not write it, do not post it. This has always been our policy. Please remove these entries immediately to avoid account closure.

Keep in mind that "public domain" means something that has expired intellectual properties, like Shakespearean works. And disclaimers don't cut it for song lyrics. Not even changing a few words from the original song will be enough.
6/15/2013 c1 Guest
Attention: An all out attack has been planned against Eliminator on : SUNDAY JUNE 16th at the following times:

Round 1 4:00 pm EST

Round 2 5:00 pm EST

Round 3 6:00 pm EST

The attack will be held in three rounds. In each round we will use Spam and Report Tactics using Sock Accounts. (See below).

Why now?

At this point in time, the Eliminators are severely lacking in active Mods. We have the perfect opportunity to wreak havoc on their forum.

Isn't it pointless if they know we're coming for them?

No. Theres only two ways to stop a spam attack; ban all invaders or lock all threads. By the time they've banned us all they will have been reported hundreds of times, meaning there forum won't stay up long. If they lock all their topics, the forum will become inactive.

What are Spam and Report Tactics?

Part 1- Spam. You can do anything from advertising a product, to posting a link from another site, to using foul language. Whatever rule you feel comfortable breaking.

Part 2- Report. After you've been banned from posting, report all the posts you made to the site admins. The forum itself is held responsible and will therefore be shut down.

What are Sock Accounts?

A sock account is any extra account owned by someone who already has one. For the attack to work, each attacker should create AT LEAST two sock accounts, more are acceptable though :)

Any questions? Go to myforums/CodeyKey14/4034 633/

NOTE: Please COPY AND PASTE this to your profile and/or forum if you believe the Eliminators should not be allowed on .