for The Rescue

5/27/2015 c1 42Genesis Vakarian
Amazing work.
12/2/2013 c7 20marinawings
This is a fantastic story! I will have to read its predecessor.

I wasn't sure how I would like the second-person narration at first, but the more I read the story, the more immersive the narration became. I felt as if I were within the world of Skyrim.

This is definitely one of my favorites among Skyrim stories.
10/18/2013 c7 Guest
I have read The Amulet, I noticed that they also Hircine is behind the protagonist and I could see the bond that you create with Vilkas! what to say! Great stories, and look (like everyone else) the following!
10/17/2013 c7 manu
you've outdone yourself in this chapter! we need the following because I have to know if your dragonborn tell the truth to Vilkas and succeed to defeat Hircine! I believe that now Vilkas is closer to the protagonist, and this scares a little the character! I think Vilkas has changed his opinion already from your other story, "the amulet." I hope you update soon
10/16/2013 c7 5lioness84
I really like your writing style; you manage to pack an incredible amount of description into very few words. I also thought it was interesting that your main character doesn't have any actual dialogue - at first, it threw me off, but now I think I like it. I think it helps put the reader inside her head.
Her relationship with Vilkas is also fascinating; she's so eager for his approval, but then she seems reluctant to accept it once she has it.
I haven't read The Amulet, but I definitely will now. I'll definitely keep an eye out for the next one.
10/16/2013 c7 lady73
Another great chapter! I wonder if you'll give us a few more story Vilkas and dragonborn! we absolutely want to follow! There are points to be clarified! first why Vilkas wears around his neck the amulet of mara and does not make it! heheh! and second, the brand that hurts those who have been to provoke him? there are still many things to clear up and I'll be here waiting for you! you soon
10/16/2013 c7 mia
fantastic! Now leave us in suspense waiting for the next! must give us the sequel! I also read the amulet! I love how you tell these stories and I love the relationship that has developed between Vilkas and dragonborn! I look forward to!
10/15/2013 c6 ProseB4Hos
...there must be a sequel! I really enjoyed reading this. Some constructive criticism: be sure to check your spelling, grammar, and punctuation a few times before publishing a final draft. Also, try to either tone down on the similes, or use other forms of figurative language with them A metaphor or some personification sprinkled in there would really help balance the details. Besides that, it was an amazing story.
10/13/2013 c6 manu
I need the rest of the story is my addiction! :)
10/8/2013 c6 Guest
we need an update! :D
9/30/2013 c6 Guest
but this story is fantastic!
9/27/2013 c6 manu
I feel like I'm dying of curiosity! updates soon! :)
9/24/2013 c6 Guest
as the next chapter? Here we are waiting for what will happen!
9/23/2013 c6 lady73
I am absolutely in love with your way of writing and I look forward to the new chapter! You left with a great finish! I want to know how it goes! that situation!
9/20/2013 c6 5harmoniedusoir
Wow, I can definitely see why you've called this part of the story 'Dark Night of the Soul'. It's such a fantastic and believable conflict for the 'leader' of the Companions to have: the guilt, expectation, conflict over the role, the self-doubt and the altercations with Hircine.

My two favourite things were the nature/tree imagery - especially when 'conversing' with Hircine, and the ending. I just loved the ending.

Talking about the tree imagery - this was this passage I had in mind: "There's a fear inside you that branches from the back of your mind [...] and with every branch that blossoms the word 'run' gallops through your mind." - That was a wonderful piece of description. I also like how the imagery is echoed in the final line of the chapter.

The whole chapter has a slight cyclical feel to it actually, with the way it starts and ends on some exploration of self-doubt. I'd be very interested to see if the episode with Hircine was actually just a figment of the narrator's imagination; a creation of her guilt and struggles. (It's funny, I just typed that then realised that, of course, the narrative quirk means we have no idea if the narrator is male or female. Guess I'm projecting!)

On the more constructive side, the only issue I had were a couple of typos, which I shall leave here in case you haven't spotted them yet.

"breathes out of necessarily" (necessity)

"no other reason accept that they" (except)

Only other thing I wondered was, what is "ignis flatus". Nothing came up when I googled it. I've heard of 'ignis fatuus', is it something similar?

Great chapter again, can't wait to see how the story will conclude!
44 Page 1 .. Last Next »