for On My Own

4/2/2017 c1 8MidGerm
yea, megumi was a bitch. but i liked her too.
if you wished she didnt die. then you may like these that put some evidence into light that would suggest that her, along with all the other shiki, could have in fact, survived

art/Shiki-is-megumi-really-dead-669276528

art/Return-of-the-shiki-a-Genetics-documentary-672532895

i warn you though, they are quite the read if you want to understand the evidence laid out before you.
3/13/2017 c5 MidGerm
just thought i'd let you know, smartphones didn't exist back then. the shiki incident takes place in 1990, during a hot summer. the internet had barely been launched (it WAS getting around though), smart phones and all the other fancy tech we think of common now, didn't exist back then, or was very spartan compared to what we use now.

just thought i'd let you know.

also, an interesting fact. technology advances at a MUCH quicker pace during war time. hence why the military get to use all the new toys first. the internet started out as a military use only thing.

so in a way, if you wanted, you COULD say that there was some secret company that is at war with vampire kind or...something, and that COULD potentially be why smartphones exist in your story, as, well, as i said, the military get all the cool toys first, but, they gradually get used by the rest of the world.
8/22/2016 c1 1Cosmicmoonshine
I love it. More please.
2/26/2016 c5 Animelover Inf
Very, very well done.
I look forward to more if you decide to post more.
2/21/2015 c1 5omniXenderman
this story i really like, i hope you continue it. megumi was dealt such a bad hand in shiki and she didn't even get to develop as a character, so its good to see her get some growth...i hope that this story ends happily...or at least does not depress me like the anime did...im still depressed after watching shiki
1/10/2015 c5 16Zaru
There's a little time misplacement. Shiki was rumored to take place in the mid-late 90s, not current day.
1/7/2015 c5 4Nox Magnus Dux
I am really glad that you finally updated this story! The confrontation between Megumi and Nanako went about as well as I expected. You are doing a great job balancing out Megumi's cold blooded bitch side and her more human side, especially with the whole "I don't need a servant. I need a friend" line. I really liked that. And now she is apparently in trouble with another group of vampires. I can't wait to see how that turns out!
1/7/2015 c5 OmnifariousDessert
Glad to see you're still working on this! I enjoyed the chapter and can't wait for the next one.

Will we see Sunako and Seishin in this fic? They should be in the city still following the epilogue.
PS: Hope your problems weren't too serious. I think we all know what that feels like so best of luck.
12/14/2014 c4 3javier de jesus segura salas
Please follow this magnificent story soon I can not wait to read the next chapter
9/11/2014 c4 25MarshalZhukov
I will admit I am impressed. A few spelling errors, but nothing that cannot be overlooked.
I agree with a few others that Megumi is one of the better, if under-appreciated characters. I liked the way you portrayed her flaws without becoming mopey or coming across as cliche and without her becoming an overt bitch.
Interesting twist on her still coming to grips with her new vampiric state while her humanity surfaces from time to time. The scene where she is killing Atsuo, I could see her conscience fighting the monster she has become.
If I may point out one tiny flaw...Nanako hiding in the closet seems just a bit cliche. She may be trusting, but Megumi is not. It should have been one of the places she looked. But, overall, very well done.

I look forward to reading more of this.

The Marshal
9/9/2014 c4 6Mr. M.Mars
I must say I'm pretty impressed so far. It's also good to see a story that expounds upon Megumi in a way that doesn't make her an overt bitch yet at the same time still keeps her flawed.

Honestly, I always thought that Megumi was one of the most misused characters in Shiki. I found her to be the most interesting character in the show, yet she was one of the least explored, so it's nice to see a well written story focusing on her.

I hope to see you update this soon. It's been quite a good read thus far and I am sure that the upcoming chapters will be worth the wait.
9/1/2014 c4 4Four Chaos Gods Drinking Beer
Hey, I'm currently writing a Shiki fanfiction, feel free to check it out!

Story: s/10443188/1/Corrupted-Love
7/6/2014 c4 4Nox Magnus Dux
OH NO! NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! BAD NANAKO! BAD NANAKO! PUT THE STAKE DOWN! (Wrong stake btw, you said steak, which is the kind you eat! LOL) Well, judging by the fact that you literally said that the story isn't going to end here, chances are she is going to fail miserably at trying to play Buffy. Although, I hope Megumi doesn't kill her for it. I think it would be better for her to tell her the truth, and get Nanako to hear her out because Nanako is all Megumi has right now. If Megumi twists the Sotoba story is a way that makes her look like the victim, then Nanako might be willing to help her out on her own free will. After all, you did describe her character as "too trusting". On another note, I loved Megumi's emotional breakdown at the last part of the chapter. That was very well done. It shows that no matter how she tries to embrace being a vampire and leave her old life and what makes her human behind, who she was as a human will always be a part of her. Excellent Chapter! Can't wait for the next one!
6/15/2014 c3 Nox Magnus Dux
I really like this story and I hope you update it soon. Good Shiki fics are too few in number. As Megumi is one of my favorite characters, I have always wanted to see what would have happened if she survived. She now gets to live her dream of being in the city but at what cost? Based on her actions in this chapter she is probably going to get in trouble in one way or another. Someone might notice Nanako's odd behavior now that she's been enthralled, or the police might start asking questions about Atsuo's death. Then again, Atsuo could come back as a vamp and that's a whole new set of problems by itself. Oh the possibilities are endless, and I am too impatient to wait.
5/17/2014 c3 5Alex Retzer
Really like your story and its descriptions of the various characters your introducing. Megumi is also in-character and while I thought you glossed over how she got away from the village but her exploits in the city are the real meat of the story.

I've known people who work construction and it does take a lot out of people. Sometimes all you want to do is come home and pass out after a ten hour shift at an unforgiving job you need to pay the bills.

Kind of wondering if Atsuo will rise up. Part of me wants to see how Megumi would take on the responsibility of siring a new vampire while the other assumes some kind of council like in Blade or Rise of Lycans, exists among the vampires in the city. So she's probably in trouble weather the poor guy rises or not.

Best of luck to you.