for Landing Day

1/17 c1 Marinist
Exellent story.
8/24/2019 c3 2The King Saul
This is high quality content.
Better than the shit that was the sequel.
2/12/2018 c1 2Xenos
I had the great luck to unexpectedly find this great story that must agree with other comments about that it is from a distance of years light better than the Emerich Hollywood's second movie script.
2/12/2018 c3 2Xenos
Great and excellent story masterfully written.
1/29/2017 c3 6543216543212
This is really good! It's interesting to read the whole story from the aliens' point of view, and you've written it so amazingly. Great job!
11/15/2016 c3 Commander Shephe
Wow. You've managed to spin an interesting story based on something created by Emmerich, man physically incapable to make anything non-cringeworthy. This is my favourite fic on the Internet
9/3/2016 c2 Gman
Veen died fighting.

These force fields are really strong if they can withstand a nuclear blast.
9/2/2016 c3 10Junior VB
Buen fic.
Good fic.
7/7/2016 c3 Captain Loony 007
This is great dude.
6/27/2016 c3 id4forever
Holly shit, this story is amazing! I dont know if youre still into writing but I hope youll write another tie-up to IDR.
6/27/2016 c1 id4forever
Those idiots Emmerich and Devlin should have read this; this should have been the second movie.
5/6/2016 c3 Guest
This should be the movie,
4/12/2016 c3 7H.G.Wells
Interesting fic, having read through it many times. I have to say I tend to imagine the aliens in ID4 as being more like the Tyranids in Warhammer 40k, in the sense of being a vast, inscrutable hive mind focused only on consuming whole worlds, with little to no individual personalities within. That's pretty much how I portray them in my own ID4 fic I recently posted.

Still, your story has interested me for quite some time - it's certainly interesting to hear the events of the film from the aliens' point of view and you do an outstanding job in describing their society and culture (not to mention giving them a name). Portraying them as individuals with names and personalities does help to put the reader in their shoes somewhat, if not outright sympathise with them. It makes them seem less inscrutable and alien than a hive-minded swarm.

Every event is expertly portrayed, without missing a detail; from the arrival and first strike right down to the final destruction, with Ebbiar gazing mournfully at the Earth below...almost makes you feel for her (almost), even if you don't feel sorry for her race as a whole.

As other posters have mentioned, it'll be interesting to see if you explore their point of view in Resurgence, when it comes out. By some indications from Devlin and Emmerich (as well as in the trailers), the franchise expands in that film to show more of the aliens' culture, so that would definitely be an interesting idea.

Good luck in your future writings!

-Wells
4/8/2016 c3 33StriderPhantom
Love this story. Love how you were able to view the movie through the alien's perspective. Anyway, due to the recent trailers for the upcoming sequel Independence Day: Resurgence and the website , it is possible that Atchak, Terryf and Felluw could have their crashed ships and were later captured by us 'vermin'. Anyway, I hope you d the alien's perspective for the upcoming sequel. :)
3/1/2016 c3 6DJ Kamza