for Alone

3/26/2014 c1 Juicyjools
Just wanted to say that this is a beautiful piece of writing.
One feels every emotion.
1/10/2014 c1 MK
This is so brilliantly written! Thank you for sharing your talent.
7/9/2013 c1 Emjo3
Beautiful. Had me in tears !
7/7/2013 c1 36Pemonynen
I think I made it about a third of the way through before I started crying. Lovely touch about George calling Mary 'mother' after what Matthew called Isobel. Beautiful, heartbreaking piece. Thanks for writing it.
7/3/2013 c1 8trinadeckers
SOBBING. so good.
7/3/2013 c1 8everyhazyday
Oh my goodness, I have tears. This is so beautiful.
7/3/2013 c1 Megan
This is so beautiful and has me crying! Fabulously written. My favorite line: "He had called her Mother since asking Isobel what Matthew had referred to her as." It's such a touching detail and something I haven't read in any other Mary/George fics. Very well done.
7/3/2013 c1 GenuineRisk
This was haunting and so very lovely!
7/3/2013 c1 Miya
Just, oh, I can't even explain how good this is. Thank you for this fic
7/3/2013 c1 27aprons
When your throat tightens to keep the tears at bay, you know it's a good story. You sure have a knack for writing the most beautifully sad stories. Geesh. I look bizarre crying in the middle of work. You have such a talent for capturing love and pain especially between Mary and Matthew. Thank you for sharing.
7/3/2013 c1 downtonlove
This was beautiful. It's so well written. Thank you for this. And yes I cried.
7/3/2013 c1 kamille
u made me cry again asshole! hehehe
7/3/2013 c1 darkblueyank
Beautiful
7/3/2013 c1 jmar
Yes, life evolves. Things change. Time marches on whether we want it to or not. Even our emotions & memories become clouded. We carry on. We soldier on. And we hope there will be no more war, that we will have peace - in our homes, in our hearts, in our world. True love is not always easy to achieve, sometimes we don't see it. But M&M had something so very real to many of us, so its loss is quite sad, or even devastating. The earl is dead, long live the earl...