for The Legend of Total Drama Island

4/8/2019 c33 16Knifez
Tch, it's a shame Trent is gone, I would've preferred Gwen to leave, I've never been a fan of such skewed gender ratios.

I can't see it going 6-2 in favor of the girls, so I assume one of Heather's cronies or possibly LeShawna will bite the proverbial dust.

Challenge was good and fun to read. Duncan and Courtney's date was cool, but I wish we could've had a little more dialogue from it.

It's a shame that the updates are so few and far between.
4/8/2019 c33 1Zodinson
Great Chapter like always :)
I honestly think that Leshawna will be the next one going home due to the current circumstances, and I was personally relieved when Cody was safe from elimination be cause he's probably one of my favourite characters. I also think that either him or Duncan are the father of Bret
4/7/2019 c33 4John Spangler
As much as I loved this awesome, epic chapter, there is a single part that I love the most: Leshawna punching Heather. Man, that alone was more than worth the wait. Keep it up, Gideon!
4/6/2019 c33 7SilentSinger948
Great chapter.
I think Heather's actions are finally going to cause a rift in her alliance.
4/5/2019 c33 2010si
Thx for the chapter
4/5/2019 c33 50acosta perez jose ramiro
Pretty cool job, as usual, and yeah, it's very possible that Leshwana will be penalized on this attack.

Keep the good writing.
4/5/2019 c33 12freshcreationgarden
My money is on cody being brent's dad. If chris is still host though he will milk that fact. Gotta love that cody twist. When i read that both were in a tie, i thought both would go home. But you're reason makes sense, gives cody a redemption without having a huge sacrifice.
11/15/2018 c32 lemonlime77
It took me nearly a month but I've finally started and caught up with this fic in its entirety and damn, I cannot wait for more.
8/24/2018 c32 VanishingVali
Well ain't this quite the situation now. Cody has to vote off himself but wants Heather's Alliance to vote for Trent.

Looking at this based on interactions and likelihood, its safe to say Leshawna, Trent, Gwen, and Cody himself are voting Cody. Heather's Alliance is voting Trent (Assumedly). That leaves Duncan, DJ, and Courtney.

Duncan may vote for any of them, but if he's hellbent on maintaining whats left of the Guy's Alliance, he'll vote Gwen.

Courtney struck up a friendship with Gwen, and has known Cody longer, so maybe she'll vote Trent. But she could just as likely follow the logic DJ gave her regarding Zeke and vote Gwen off thinking their friendship is a weakness. She could also vote Cody thinking he's allied with Heather and getting rid of him hurts her alliance.

DJ is the real wild card though. He has no real connections to Gwen, Trent, or Cody, outside of some brief interactions. Like Duncan, he could desire to preserve the Guy's Alliance, but he could just as easily be coerced by Heather into getting rid of Trent, but could then again just as easily throw it back at her saying he owes her nothing and knows she is trouble after her latest scheme against Trent.

So if both DJ and Courtney vote for Trent, he's gone with 5 votes. But if even one of them votes Cody or both vote Gwen, Cody's gone with 4-5 votes. If one votes Cody and the other votes Trent however, Cody will still be gone. But if one votes Gwen and the other votes Trent, then tiebreaker for Cody and Trent.

And that's assuming Heather sticks to voting Trent. If she back-stabs Cody and has her alliance vote Gwen, then one more vote for Gwen, assumedly from Duncan, makes her tie with Cody. If she instead blindsides Cody thinking he's useless now, Cody is gone.

Its anyone's guess now, but if I had to guess who's going home, its Cody.
8/17/2018 c32 tiny umbrella
I may also add that I meant the term 'fix-it fic' incredibly loosely. TLoTDI eliminates or reworks many of the problems that I had with the first series, so the definition fits in that regard only.
8/13/2018 c32 tiny umbrella
While I can't say I've ever been good at review writing, even though I've reviewed this fanfic once before under a different name, I must say...from the beginning, this had me utterly hooked. Your writing style in general is absolutely enchanting [I've read and reread the other stories which you have here more times than I can count], and you got me to care deeply about characters that the canon material fell short on fleshing-out in addition to reawakening my love for old favorites. I never thought that I wanted a Total Drama 'fix-it' fiction until I stumbled upon this what now seems like so long ago.

I mean no lasting ill will towards any of the other writers for this fandom, of course, but it's incredibly difficult to find TD fanfiction nowadays that keeps the cast so innately in-character; as an aside, I've always thought there was far more going on than the cameras chose to show, as well. It is also immensely difficult to find an author who doesn't treat their audience like blithering idiots, intentionally or otherwise. Your writing, sir, gives me much the same feelings that reading Lemony Snicket did back when I was younger. In short, a sense of wonder and an odd feeling of 'belonging' [if it can be called such] that I've greatly missed, as well as a myriad of other emotions that would take far too long to unpack in this review. In any case, I am loving The Legend of Total Drama Island wholeheartedly, and want to say that this fanfiction is the best I've read in a long time.

In addition, I appreciate the fact that, FINALLY, someone other than myself realizes that Duncan is actually a capable player in the canon and handles him fairly. You have not eliminated him early for some poorly explained reason, nor have you blatantly favored his character.
8/11/2018 c25 25Quiet Waters
Knowing that this was the disgusting food challenge, I wasn't surprised at all that Owen out of all people returned. Trent a little more so though I could've seen him coming a long way as well.

The menu felt like it was more... edible! The meals were also clearly more in line with the tone of the story, not in the last place because of the origins of many of them. I find it a signature of your writing style!

I seriously don't get all the hate black licorice is getting. Though I probably don't know any better.

At first glance, I feel inclined to say that Zeke only gives his spot away to cause dissent among the girls, but that doesn't really sound like him as Zeke never consciously tries to put people up against each other. It's really difficult to figure whether his intent is malicious, or well-meant!

:D,
L.W.
7/30/2018 c31 6TheRabbidRabbit
I'm glad to finally review Episode 16, Gideon - keeping true to our agreement of an episodic-reviewing in place of chapter reviews - though I have to admit that I've been tempted more than once to rescind my decision and go back to reviewing chapters.

I've had the impression that Owen would be the winner of this challenge when he was, in fact, the one eliminated. However, we see the Big Oaf unwilling to go down alone and exploited a loophole to drag another camper with him.

Question is… who?

I noticed that you seem to have a fondness for… rhymes, if that's what they're called – ones you centre and italicise to differentiate from the regular text. Are these rhymes excerpts from existing works or they're entirely constructions of your own? Whatever the case be, how do you chose them and what purpose do they serve in the fic?

Leshawna being Quebecois is a barely openly acknowledged headcanon among the Fandom, since in French her name translates to "The Shawna." (sometimes authors even spell her name as LeShawna to emphasise this). But what's telling is that she lacked the accent and speaks fluent English instead, not to mention she never said any word in French in canon and even most fics.

And lastly, can I inquire about which episode did this 'Wendingo Incident' occur; It seemed to have left an impact on the contestants even after it had come to pass. Sorry, this is a fault of mine for not reading much of the previous chapters.

We've seen in the series how callous Chris is towards the lives of his servants – the interns. But what kept flummoxing me is their identities as the contestants from the succeeding generations. Why have you decided to include them here in the first place?
7/25/2018 c32 8insertnamehere21
This fic continues to be incredible.

I love how dynamic the characters are, what with Duncan's compassionate side, Chef's educated background, Katie emerging as a possible double agent, etc etc etc

If Trent survives the next elimination, I hope he gets more development

I also love how realistic Heather's strategizing is in this reimagining. One thing that annoyed me about her TDI counterpart is how much she depended on luck. When she does lose invincibility, I can't wait to see how hard she fights to stay.
7/18/2018 c24 25Quiet Waters
I sincerely don't know what to fully think of how Lindsay won the challenge...

At one hand, it was a failsafe way to distract DJ, but is it like Lindsay to demean herself to that to win? Unless her innocent mind sees little harm in it, which as I pondered on that probably would be the case. It did lead that pretty hilarious exchange between the guys treating it as a divine gift though. Funny that I should've mentioned divine, or magical in that regard but more on that later.

What an extreme mood whiplash followed with Ella's... let's call it 'ascension'. It felt sudden, but that was important for the impact. I do remember I found her enchanting singing a little odd, but even though I felt she was out of place it made for a very poetic and enchanting conclusion.

Her ascension also made me realize how much you feel it if an intern dies. There are of course plenty of reasons for that such as them being more prominent and the overall tone of the story is vastly different, but maybe also because such cynical events just don't go so well in written work.

The interns are anyhow among the best side characters I've read about in a long time; they have distinct characters but hardly ever overshadow the main cast and if they do, it's because they're involved with one of them. Like Dawn. Dawn's characterization as well as her interaction with DJ was very powerful! In fact, her explanation of how she views animals and the workings of the food chain is perhaps the most realistic nature-oriented I have ever seen her. That DJ remarks that her aura bears certain dark elements and her sass in the previous chapters makes her read like a character how she's frequently portrayed, but still has the attitude and faults of any regular human being!

Your characterization of Chef is also the kind I like to see most; Generally speaking loud and aggressive, but no stranger to solemnness when the situation calls for it either.

With all this happening, you might almost forget that there's also the competition to follow!

I'm tempted to say that I didn't expect Tyler's elimination. However, once DJ got his marshmallow and the reasoning behind it, I honestly couldn't figure who else but Tyler was to get the sack.

Overall, the focus more on story and characterization was a welcome change! It keeps things nice and balanced.

:D,