for The Simple Things

2/22/2016 c6 PBIceCream
This is a very enjoyable series, thank you!
1/28/2016 c6 85KathyG
I love this chapter; Sherlock teaching John to deduce! I hope you'll write some more stories showing Sherlock doing just that.
1/28/2016 c1 KathyG
What hapened to the latter 6 chapters? The reviews indicate that there were 12 chapters altogether, but I only count six.
1/17/2014 c12 5NTSFroes
This is just so cute, the entire story. Oh my god.
12/22/2013 c11 DeathFrisbee221
Awww! Darn this is cute!
PS: Sorry, this is DeathFrisbee221, only I'm too lazy to log on! :)
10/31/2013 c9 8DeathFrisbee221
Aw, poor Sherlock! :( I don't know what you mean by this being OOC, it was fantastic, and you got John and Sherlock's interactions spot on - awesome work! *offers congratulatory cookie*
9/19/2013 c9 49cilepe
The Sherlock breakdown might be a bit OOC, but I think the reactions of both John and Lestrade are true to character.
9/5/2013 c8 cilepe
Angry Birds? Haha. Here's an idea...John gets injured, seriously, not just cuts and bruises. What does Sherlock do to the guy who hurts John? And how does he cope with injured John?
9/5/2013 c2 cilepe
Haha, busted!
8/3/2013 c5 2Prothoe
Awww, this is too adorable: grumpy and childish Sherlock is always cute plus this wonderful, very Sherlockian way of saying 'sorry' on top of it! Kudos:)
7/31/2013 c4 10SHansen
Why do I feel like going "aaaw" at the end of this chapter? :) Anyway, I enjoyed reading these, they make me smile. It's always hard to balance Sherlock, because he doesn't feel things the same way most people do... but you do a pretty good job.
7/31/2013 c3 92Fantony
Ha ha, while I can perfectly John being sensibilized to all those little things in life (especially after the horror of Afghanistan. Though I think that when he came back, he couldn't care less about such things because he was too depressed, but he's been much better since living with Sherlock and I can picture him marvel other such things like a child) I can also picture Sherlock being stubborn and making no effort to "see" those little things.

I think you got him right in character because yeah, when he can hardly "switch off" his brain. Therefore, when he looks at (sorry, observes! lol) something, he can't just appreciate its beauty or whatever. Looking at clouds, he would undoubtedly analyze them and try to deduce as much as he could. I really liked that part, and the end made me smile.

Keep 'em coming! :)

PS. Oh, thank you for mentioning my name, I feel all special now! hehe. Ha ha seriously though, I know what you mean about reviews. When I registered here in 2008 and posted my first fanfic, I was like "what's with all those people begging readers to leave reviews? That's ridiculous! If I get them fine, if I don't, I don't care, I write mostly for myself, and I'm already happy to know some people read my work." Well, that's true, but I quickly grew addicted to reviews too! I get all excited when I get a mail saying someone left me a review, and they make me all happy. So yeah, I get the feeling ;)
7/31/2013 c2 Fantony
Oh, I'm really enjoying these!

I really like your idea to concentrate on things which Sherlock couldn't care about and have John slowly sensibilize him to such d├ętails, making Sherlock more human, more "approachable"... And of course, he wouldn't give credit to John and recognize that such little things can appeal the Genius he is. "Because he seemed determined to prove that he was not like other people". Exactly!

That was well written and I can relate to that, cause I'd always found flowers dull. Couldn't see the point. Especially when in bouquets that wilt within a few days. Don't find them beautiful. Hate their scent (give me migraines)... Well you see the point. Therefore, people know better than to buy me flowers. Anyway, my husband passed away last year and I bought a bonsai (he liked them) to put on his coffin during the ceremony. After that I didn't know what to do with it and finally brought it home and I found it quite a calming "presence". Then I bought a green plant. And another one. And another one... I water them, observe their leaves etc. And people are like "You like green plants now? Thought you found them useless?" and I shrug and don't want to admit I've learnt to appreciate them, I'm like "Not at all. They're a pain. I always forget to water them. But the place was sad and needed a bit of colour that's all. They say it's good for the air in the house too." lol. I even planted flowers in the garden! (still find bouquets of flowers dull though ! ha ha)

Thanks for sharing! :)
7/27/2013 c1 Fantony
Simple story about simple things in life. :)

That was a really pleasant read. I can perfectly picture this happening, I even beat John into his "as if I don't do that already" remark, hehe!

That was cute, and I too love rain and find it very peaceful and calming.

Thanks for sharing!