for Hello, Goodbye

8/8/2013 c1 Kate
Wow! Just wow. I have read a few 'oh but everything is okay and they live happily ever after' fics recently and they made me want to scream! Will and Mac are so screwed up right now and you capture everything I am feeling and - just wow! The way you structure the fic, the idea of him needing her and her needing to say goodbye, THE LAST LINE, its genius. Made my day!
8/2/2013 c1 Bigboy3264
Oh god...This is intensely painful. I'm gonna go find a corner and cry for a while.
Will is an idiot. :(
8/2/2013 c1 13TheGreaterFool
You left me crying ... Because if this keeps up if they can't some what fix anything shes going to be gone
8/1/2013 c1 12BeTheIntegrity
I actually freaking cried, it was as soon as he realised she was saying goodbye I lost it hahaha. This story was so good, please write more more stories. I'm needing to get out of my Newsroom funk too or just move past all the shit happening right now :) Thanks for writing.
8/1/2013 c1 forgotmypassword
i totally agree with you not wanting to put them together at the moment..i think i was yelling at my screen when i saw the end of last weeks show... but i did love your story.
8/1/2013 c1 14lilacmermaid33
Wonderful job! I can absolutely see Will doing something like this in the aftermath of 2x03. I especially like when he gets lost in her, and he thinks she feels the same way, but really the kiss means something entirely different for her.

I also really like how she doesn't leave right away, but he still knows even then that he's lost her.

Can't wait for Long Shot, after this!
7/31/2013 c1 1millie.zhang
this is so sad

i'm glad that she left.

she deserves better
7/31/2013 c1 1tooemptyforyou
You were right, I loved it. Absolute perfection!
After episode 3, I can no longer see them together and not sure I want to. Now I just want Mac to realize she deserves better and to move on.
This was heartbreaking but outstanding. Beautifully written. Loved the detail of him sleeping with Nina after the call and also excellent description of the kiss and his realization of what it really was.
7/31/2013 c1 alexindigo
I LOVE this! Like honest to goodness oneof my favourite fics for this fandom. Its raw, its honest, its just so true. And I can see this happening because its a realistic depiction of Mac's heartache and Will's guilt. I also love that you pointed out that he slept with Nina again after that phone call because the way the scene was so abruptly edited, I agree.

And that last line? You broke my heart but I loved it. I only wish Mac will be able to find happiness with someone worthy of her as she finally lets Will go and forgives herself. I cannot see them together now either.

Thank you for sharing! :)
7/31/2013 c1 9Katycat1970
GULP... :(

Oh my - sadness - too much sadness but beautifully written as always my friend...

The kiss was just amazingly described Ash - I've always said you write brilliant kisses... *SIGH*

Arrggghh - didn't think you'd end it like that after the kiss...

Great job matey - thanks for posting (I think)...!

x
7/31/2013 c1 19im.just.better.fictionally
I think my heart just broke.

OTHERWISE OHMEFINGGAWD! THAT WAS AMAZING!
7/31/2013 c1 23theshipperlogs
Oh, I don't know how much more angst I can take. I love the idea of a last kiss and after the last episode I can see Mac saying enough is enough. So sad, but great writing.
7/31/2013 c1 Anon
Woooooow! This is so painfully beautiful writing that a part of me would love to see it played out on the show. It would be a strangely worthy ending of the Mac and Will story. Closure that they didn't get the first time around. I'd love to see them happy together but I would bawl and be ok with this too. Thank you for sharing it! :)
7/31/2013 c1 3Alma76
I am sooo with you on this. I couldn't believe it when I saw THE scene. But, he, you are a catharsis on your own... Love your story, but, please, pretty please, need a bit of fluff to make up for all the awful sorkinness!... Still love your story, still with you on this! (Sooo mad!) ;-)
7/31/2013 c1 4divamusings2
You're killing me! It's so tragic, and final, and terrible. I have never in my life gotten emotionally attached to a fictional character but these two get under your skin, in real life !

Your story demands that we imagine Nina waiting on his bed and that he actually enjoys it...as in he choses it and for the life of me - all the psycho babble aside, I can't figure out how Sorkin expects us to buy that. Can you?
But you have empowered Mac to chose to end it and move on...finally and I guess that's good.
I guess...
Well written, just hard to take!
Thanks