for Drown

9/23/2014 c7 34Nox Counterspell
You tell me this is going to keep up, right? Having them both as RANGERS IS JUST SO RIGHT!
7/1/2014 c7 15ImOrca
Argh! I can't believe that I never got back to read this chapter. I'll just say thing got a leeeeeetle hectic around home. Anyway...in the meantime I actually was able to see /Pacific Rim/. I think you did quite well with the battle scene all around! With two new Jaeger pilots - since neither had prior experience before the recruiting program - I did find it surprising that things worked so easily and so well. I suspect that with a more sophisticated opponent that it may not be so. Daryl certainly has more experience as a fighter, but not really in disciplining himself to a rhythm or cadence prior to the training. I can see him working through stress and pain to persevere, but would he keep to the necessary discipline? It's that part that I think Carol would provide. Control would have been the thing she mastered in order to survive her ordeal in her former life. She has less of the fighting but more of the discipline. I hope we get to see that as well. Her sass with him is fun, of course, but seeing how she balances him to make their team work is important. I'd like to see him get flustered - maybe too angered or hurt? - and have her discipline reign him in. I really hop you'll return to this soon. Now that I've seen the film I'm read for more action! :)
2/8/2014 c7 Guest
II love this story. They fit perfectly into this world and I hope you update soon! Love all your stories and wait anxiously for updates on this story and Grey in particular.
11/13/2013 c7 1Yazzy x
Awesomec battle scene!
Love it and can't wait for more!
11/12/2013 c7 Daniyell37
Woooh their first fight. very exciting. this is so good :)
11/12/2013 c7 23serpetinefire
t was short but t was also a very good battle scene. I'm glad you turned me on to the movie :)
11/12/2013 c7 8Daryls Cherokee Rose
Just rewatched Pacific Rim today so this was well timed! Loved them working together, perfectly in sync, like good Jaeger pilots should be. Perfect palette cleanse after all the drama-bullshit re: Carol on Tumblr.
11/8/2013 c5 15Girl-chama
Hot damn I liked this chapter. I had to watch Pacific Rim today- I'd been wanting to watch it but seeing your Caryl fic from weeks ago really inspired me to get down to it. I LOVE this chapter.
10/30/2013 c6 5Midnightangel206
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! THATS IT? NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU *FLIES INTO SUN*
10/23/2013 c6 1carniwhore
At first I thought this Xover would be strange and I admit I skimmed by it before. But i finally read this and I adore this story. The way you describe the drift is incredible and the relationship between Daryl and Carol is beautifully written. Cant wait to read more!
10/20/2013 c5 Chastyre
OH you!
AS I was reading this, I had this little thought of perhaps their Jaeger being called "Cherokee Rose," but of course, the story of the Cherokee Rose and Sophia had to play out and BOOM! Freaking how did I NOT see that coming?

The feels, I am gushing right now...
10/11/2013 c6 15ImOrca
The bits of drift dialogue between them are wonderful. Though fanfiction relies on its source materials for background, those references can't substitute for the immediacy of storytelling at the point of contact where the reader meets the characters or the plot. Though I appreciate the grace and elegance of a successful evocation of the fullness of character and world accomplished with few words, there are things that need the support of details and the expression of writing - even when readers have the memory of the visual elements from the source materials. I think this was the case in this chapter. PR is a movie of action, but the choice of the crossover to Caryl is based, it seems from your other work, on the relational properties of these two people and the way the technology provides an unique exploration of that. My concern is, however, that there continues to be a...thinness...to them in this story that is not fulfilling the promise it could. I'm honestly not trying to be a downer - I like your writing and this premise very much. It just feels to me that this story is on the edge of something that it could be...but doesn't have enough detail to become. Perhaps that is in future chapters? I very much hope so. :)
10/11/2013 c6 Daniyell37
this is really cool! haven't seen the movie yet. this makes me want to watch it sooner now :P
10/11/2013 c6 1Yazzy x
Can't wait to see how the fight goes down!
Loved this chapter, seeing updates for this story makes me so happy!
10/11/2013 c6 23serpetinefire
WOW.. I really am going to have to watch Pacific Rim.. you've got me hooked on it.. even if it doesn't have Daryl and Carol LOL
52 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »