for Storm Warning

7/26/2014 c4 Everlight
Glad you're back!

I liked the little details. That is one of the things that gives life and breath to a story.

You might try to be careful of how and when you use swear words. Tolkien was very mild and deliberate in his choices and the situations he used them in. I would recommend reading Dreamflower02's essay on this topic entitled Tolkien's Use of Expletives in her Musings series.

Looking forward to more.
7/20/2014 c4 Silentiarius
Yup, me again, still here! :P

I really like the way you write. You have just enough of everything to make a very readable and enjoyable story. In particular, I think you've done a great job with everyone's character and with scenery description.

Anyway, I suspect that Merry and Estella will be getting the fourth degree from their elders shortly...

Great chapter as always. :)

4/15/2014 c3 Silentiarius
This is a nice read and I really want to know what happens! Evil suspense is evil! :I

Also, small spelling mistake towards the beginning:
"But his vengefulness had 'habated' (abated?) as time went on."

1/29/2014 c2 Silentiarius
As my own capacity for writing is (completely and immutably terrible) and would still be so even in the deepest depths of the realm of eldritch horror, I'm afraid I could never possibly find anything I could constructively criticize the author for.

I enjoyed this read, thank you and keep up the excellent work. :)

1/28/2014 c2 5Everlight18
Hey Pidge,

Glad to finally see the next chapter. Poor Merry! And of course Estella! I cannot imagine having to do what she did and so calmly too.

Is this before the quest? I thought that it was but am rather unsure at the moment.

Looking forward to the next part,
Ever
1/20/2014 c2 4MorphineSun
Yes, I am so pleased with this so far. Please, keep up the good work, because I believe there is a severe lack of hobbit action on this website. I'd love to see where you go with this, especially since I assume that this takes place pre-LoTR shenanigans.
12/27/2013 c1 5Everlight18
Pidge,

Great story! I can hardly wait to see what happens next. You are very descriptive and the characters interact well together. That is something I am still trying to learn. Also, thank you for reviewing my story. It is so kind of you.

Your friend,
Ever
8/26/2013 c1 9JBHart
Ooh, I hadn't expected anything to happen to Merry, but aint that the way life can go? He is small, but I hope he is big enough to get through this! ;)
8/17/2013 c1 7Hobbit Freak
Oo! Oo! Oo! I havent read a Merry/Estella fic this good in a long time! I always search for them, but I never can find one. This was good. When my PC is fixed after many long months of being locked out of it, I'm going to start on a new one of my own. This story portrayed Merry as a bright, jaunty young Brandybuck, a good mix of the book and movie character. Estella was all the loving lass...her love for Merry wasnt the sappy stuff you hear in a lot stories...but it also wasnt to the point of her hating him. This story was surely a good balance, and I am really enjoying it. Can't wait for the next chapter!

Hobbit Freak