for A blade forged and sharpened

11/8/2019 c1 46megSUPERFAN
YOU SAID NINE AND THREE QUARTERS YOU SLY AUTHOR YOU

Anyways. Wonderful fic, and an amazing character study on Enjolras! I especially liked his first meeting with Combeferre. "Refusing to be silent" is a good theme to explore, and it fits. Well done!
8/18/2013 c1 Erica
This was amazing and a great Fanfic about Enjolras's life. Terrific job.
8/18/2013 c1 42Phoenixflames12
This is the second time I've read this and can honestly say that it is incredible! I love your insight into Enjolras' character- especially the hidden strength he gained during his childhood and the fact that he learnt to fight both mentally and physically in order to become the impassioned revolutionary that Hugo writes about. The final chapter has officially made me choke up a lot- I love the way you give insights at different ages and it really enhances the pathos that I can feel in abundance from your words- well done! The final sentence is just heartbreaking- the way you write Enjolras' mothers' grief is simply stunning and the fact that she is mourning for a son she barely knew is just soul shattering- really, really beautifully poignant writing Mon Ami! Much love x
8/17/2013 c1 64Deep Forest Green
Well done! I love the phrase "his cherubic features contorted into a scowl". It's totally believable that Enjolras would have been bullied due to his feminine appearance and would try to compensate by being more violent. Also love the way he connects to Combeferre.
There are just a few factual errors: in the book, Enjolras was an only son; and he was charming, but we don't really see him being charming here. Also, I have trouble believing that E found his lessons boring. And when you say "the republic (which) loved him"- his love was unrequited; the people did not rise up with him.
But these are minor complaints; it was really refreshing to see and Enjolras fic that was pure character study and not shippy.
8/17/2013 c1 131rebecca-in-blue
I really adore this take on Enjolras's early life. You obviously understand the character so well, and I love that you kept it in period, which is very important to me as a reader. Really wonderful work.
8/17/2013 c1 Guest
This...is amazing.
8/17/2013 c1 CHICfelina
This is such a powerful story! I love how you made Enjolras' backstory explain so perfectly why he is the way he is and the end sentence with his mother not telling her son to be quiet is such a nice finish! Great job!
8/17/2013 c1 Jo-March-17
Wow. Just wow. You're brilliant. This made me cry, and there are just no words. Thank you for writing this. It is great.
8/17/2013 c1 loveshj
Oh this story is just magnificent. It's the last paragraph that tears at me, his mother in her grief trying to understand her eldest and yet it seems that she did learn from him.
Now I think Im going to read this again.

loveshj
8/17/2013 c1 62astoryinred
Headcanon accepted. :D
8/17/2013 c1 33stagepageandscreen
Incredible. The whole thing hit me hard emotionally, but the last paragraph really did it for me. A beautiful, beautiful peice that you should be incredibly proud of. Congratulations on having such a talent.
SPAS or Libz