for For You

7/19/2019 c1 16Phoenixofmyth
Wait I didn’t need my heart broken.
There’s something about short fanfics that can cut straight to the heart and hit those emotions. The way you structured this fic is perfect, creating a sorrowful and remorseful mood that correctly conveys all of the emotions that Aulë feels about Mairon. It’s beautiful, really. Thank you:)
1/7/2018 c1 9attheturnofthetide
If I reread this one more time I may as well weep alongside Aule. MY HEART -
6/11/2016 c1 Silvara
This kind of love, and such a powerful being feeling so strongly is always so...so touching to me, I just *can't* :(

I need to see Aulë and Mairon reconciliated. And an o-sawne hug. And a new little song in Valinor.
...Bwaaah!
6/11/2016 c1 40Silvara
Oh my... ._.
You made me love and feel closer of the Valar once again. It's suche a tragedy, truly...many times I've dreamt of explorating what could have been if Mairon had returned and his heart could have been changed...it feelt depressing to read about him forsaking himself again and again and torturing, destroying, distording beauty everywhere he went. I never completely understood his motivations, as if there was one or two tiny missing pieces...maybe I delusional.
1/1/2016 c1 4Marfacat
I am crying, this is so sad! Great fic!
12/1/2015 c1 14NinielB
I love this. It is so beautifully painful to consider Aule wishing for Mairon to return to him
10/6/2015 c1 7Catra T. L. Heaveno 04
Thank you for writing..
10/1/2015 c1 29ShadowofSquirldor
This is really touching, and ties so nicely with Gorthauro Estel. I like seeing Aule choked up over his lost little child. But fic also touched on something that's been bothering me.

Mairon was an admirable guy, theoretically adored and popular, (though possibly isolated and fairly friendless on account of the pedestal everyone put him on-at lest that's my head-canon, but still...) It bothers me that no one ever went after him, any of them for that matter, like it was his own bloody fault for getting seduced. Seriously. There had to be at least one person didn't trust the sincerity of Melkor's apologies, and it never to them to try to talk some sense into Mairon or warn something. I could very easily see his hatred for people in Valinor stemming from that perceived abandonment. Like, 'Thanks for letting me know he was still evil. Glad you all tried to stop me from making the biggest mistake of my life, and becoming Morgoth's canon fodder. It's nice knowing you all care so much.'

I don't know. I needed to vent. This has been bothering me for a while. I think there needs to AU fic where someone at least tries to talk to him. Maybe they even follow him to Endor before he slaps them with the reality of the situation: he's made his choice and that's the end of it. Grrr...

Okay. I'm done. It's a good and I enjoyed reading it. I like getting inside the minds of the Valar, Aule's especially, and definitely when Mairon is the source of his angst. It's sweet. And I have a need for gushy stuff right now.
8/13/2014 c1 24Galad Estel
I like this piece. Aule was one of my favorite Valar, and you depicted him with such sympathy here. It's sad that so many that he loved went over to the other side. His grief for Sauron is almost painful to read.
6/13/2014 c1 12Salome Maranya
I know there wouldn't be lotr and chunks of the Sil would be incomplete without Sauron but I do like pondering what would happen of he repented or something...poor Aule. In Arda Remade perhaps, he will be happier.
12/4/2013 c1 2Supreme-won
I really like how you wrote this from Aule's perspective. Especially how he was holding Mairon's hammer and reminiscing over it-I've always imagined he'd do the same thing, after Mairon left, and being a smith that would probably be the most sentimental object left for him. Here he still loves his Maia too, and I believe it would be hard for him to completely banish him from his thoughts (he also seemed to suffer a bit after the Noldor left), so for a smith who was forever respected in the house of Aule to betray the Valar, that must have been a blow to Aule indeed. I noticed that Aule often comes off rather bitter towards Melkor, not so up-front like Tulkas, but it does seem like he holds a grudge. It could be that it's only weariness from Melkor's destructive behavior, and I just want to see more of a reason behind it.
As much as I like Morgoth/Sauron fanfics I really like Aule/Mairon ones as well, and I wish there were more like this. I would definitely want to see the kind of bond you show here, like a teacher-pupil kind of relationship that comes off more as father-son.
9/22/2013 c1 Guest
I like this interpretation of Aulë's intercession on behalf of Ossë - it seems quite plausible. I also like your characterisation of Aulë - he's always seemed a bit more ruled by passion than cold thought than most of the Valar.
9/20/2013 c1 Deleted Account Pending Remove
Oh, this is so sad! I haven't read a lot of stories about Aule, and I'm not sure how many there are. But this is surely a good addition to the tales about him, many or few! You've really done well at telling a significant story in a few words. I like how you show Aule's conflict between what he thinks he "should" feel and what he does feel. Of course, Osse's redemption is a wonderful thing. But you get right to the point in showing how it doesn't fulfill Aule's hopes for his young apprentice, Mairon. (Oh yes, I know who that has to be! His picture is on your profile - so is his name, come to think of it. ;D)

It's sad. I just had to say that again! This is how any caring teacher might feel for a student who fell into the wrong path. Very nicely portrayed! And I do also like your visual imagery. The very fact that you didn't get much into detailed description, but put a few clear images here and there, conjures for me an image of a simple, clean, elegant workspace and the smith who's at home there. I guess the term for it is 'minimalist,' if I'm using that right. My favorite description was when you said, "his brown hair falling in a disordered tangle about his noble face.' It's an interesting image, and even makes me wonder if he might be more well-kept when he isn't grieving. In all, an excellent story. Keep writing! They don't come any better than your work!

One request. Please write and post Gorthauro Estel! I want to see Aule's broken heart mended, as well as the restoration and healing of the younger smith's life!

-Lysana