for Mine

2/27/2020 c1 14Ruiniel
Alright, so I am one of those who tend to empathize with tragic Maeglin. This was a beautiful, short piece on what I think is one of the most tragic characters of the Elder Days. His anguish and internal brokenness are subtly shown, as well as his regret and longing for what may have been. I've always thought his actions were partly *influenced* by the curse of Mandos, and that in some way his free will and actions were marred by this sword of Damocles hanging over the heads of the Noldor. The closing line was perfect, and the most wrenching. Thank you for the read!
8/17/2014 c1 12Rosebud on Royal Icing
Wow, what a sad guy Maeglin is... sometimes i really wish someone would just create a wonderful new character for these tragic guys just so they could have a happy ending...like, Snape from Harry Potter...I loved reading about Maeglin and Eol...Something about their dark history just appeals to my love of all things slightly grim. I loved this story and i think you portrayed a really good Maeglin; sad, disturbed, and desperately in love...great job!
4/21/2014 c1 The Lead Mare
Aw, this was kind of sad... Though I see Maeglin inherited a little bit of the creepy from his father. It makes me sad to see him alone, Maeglin, you tragic ellon...
12/26/2013 c1 24Galad Estel
Ah, this was kind of sad. Maeglin seems so alone.
10/5/2013 c1 11Lycory-archived
This is very well-thought out.
I was never a huge fan of Maeglin, but this story just tells everything the book lacks. I have always pitied Maeglin for being one of those elves that died young. You really made me having to reconsider Maeglin's character. Great job.
I wonder why this story has not gotten the number of reviews it deserve.

- Autumn
9/27/2013 c1 mornnenn
Wah, I liked that. Disturbing indeed... That end was perfect. That end with him watching him, calling him that. The mixture of human and elf. "No, no, of course not." This fit Maeglin so well.