for Age of Heroes

9/5/2020 c17 AlterMz
Dear God... It was... It is just... Holy shit! I'm crying like a Magdalene, and it's not even for that horrible felling of getting my heart ripped out of my chest that have been so constant in this story anymore, it's because this fic is so good that hurts to reach the end. But it hurts in the right way, it hurts 'cause it was amazingly beautiful and emotionally exhausting and just great. Thank you for this. Thank you a LOT.
5/12/2020 c17 darkhaze20
Oh man, I really enjoyed this! I thought it was amazing. The setting and descriptions were all so detailed and you obviously put a lot of thought into everything. I was thoroughly sucked in!
And the characters were fantastic too. I absolutely loved your portrayal of Wally and Connor, and the changes that would inevitably occur in a zombie apocalypse.
The storyline was very interesting and you had me on the edge of my seat and sweating so often! I cannot overstate how much this rocked. Thank you for sharing!
4/12/2020 c17 rgjflood
Love the story, kinda wish I found out what happened to the rest of the justice league though
4/12/2020 c4 rgjflood
Is it weird that I’m worried for Robin? I mean when this whole thing went down he probably just became Robin and was 9 years old
10/29/2019 c2 34LadyoftheShield
I love how both Wally and Superboy's (budding) personalities come out in full force here. You really capture Wally's inner thought processes well- his snark, his quick mind, his compassion in particular. The comparison of Superboy to a brick wall disguised as a person was a perfect analogy, and I love the way you handled the exit sequence. You've also done a great job keeping into account how the brainwashing and mind control angle would affect his actions immediately post exit. Excellent job.
10/29/2019 c1 LadyoftheShield
I don't think I've left reviews the last couple times I've read this and I'm trying to rectify that. This really is a well-crafted story, and I love all the thoughtful cues you take from Brooks' work. You're the reason I actually ended up reading World War Z, so thank you for that! The flow of this entire chapter is so well done, and the sequence of events feels so natural. The way you describe the genomorphs from an outsider's perspective fits so well, and the reaction to the corpse inside the wall was a perfect touch.
10/20/2019 c17 Guest
What happened to the unconfirmed Justice League members? Like, are Batman, Green arrow, Flash, and the other unconfirmed members hiding out and gonna go to Arkham refuge? I’d really like to see that. Wally needs to go back and see dick, and get his super speed. What about Megan? We still have so many questions unanswered. This was an insanely good story, and I need to know more. Please
4/25/2019 c17 Yellow weather
This is. So. Good.
10/2/2018 c17 2Mely-Val
Finally an awesome fanfic! I have seen a few of JL fanfics so good with such quality! And their personalities were perfect! I love fue way you portray Connor, its not easy to stay in his character! Very well done! And i LOVE the brotherly relation. Not yaoi FINALLY! I world like to read a continuation
6/11/2018 c17 LAHH
This was fantastic! Thanks for writing
1/19/2018 c1 AdoringAnonGirl
HI VELKYN! HOLY FREAKING HECK I ADORE THIS STORY SO MUCH! I COULDN'T STOP READING REGARDLESS OF STAYING UP ALL NIGHT XD I LOVE YOUNG JUSTICE AND ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE STORIES SO TO SEE SOMEONE COMBINED BOTH THEMES WAS AN INSTANT HELL FREAKING YAS! The way you wrote the characters was AMAZING! ! ! They were still themselves from the show but obviously more was added & it all fit PERFECTLY! The broship between Wally & Connor was absolutely amazing & all of the cameos & roles from the others was brilliant X3 Your pacing & detail flowed together BRILLIANTLY in an AMAZING plot that had me cry a lot in a few places (sad & happy) & I was going through a numb time so that was extra awesome because it woke me back up 3 Overall this is one of the best stories I've ever read! THANK YOU SO MUCH! ! !
P.S: I have DEFINITELY checked out your profile & seeing you also write Voltron stuff makes me so sooo much extra happy & excited because I have become addicted to the show too XD X3! ! ! THANKS AGAIN! ! !
11/22/2017 c17 9SonderQuill
If you're a YJ reader who is trying to see if this fic is worth reading (basically a TL;DR):

Even if you don't like zombie stuff- even if you don't like Connor or Roy because they seem "stiff" in the show or something- even if your favorite character isn't Wally- YOU NEED TO TRY THIS FIC. It is WAY better than I thought it'd be and is not only action-packed, well-written, and superbly-constructed, but it is incredibly heartwarming. I'm not talking shallow fluff, either. I'm talking realistic, purposeful heartwarming. Overall, this is a story that was written to be read, which is something that I cannot say for most fanfics out there. Try it. You'll thank Velkyn for working so hard.
- (end TL;DR, because brevity isn't my strongpoint.) -

I don't like stories with zombie apocalypses, whether that's movies, books, TV shows, fanfics, etc.. I think zombies are unrealistic and illogical and aside from being just downright gory, they're stupid and slow and literally falling apart, so I have never understood why the writers of shows like 'The Walking Dead' think that zombies make for a good conflict.

The only reason I tried out this story was because 1) Black Friar highly recommended it to me in a PM, and 2) Robin was apparently not just in it, but his character was apparently spot on. (Sorry, Rob is my fave in YJ, with Wally coming in close second- in the beginning, I was only reading it to see Rob.)
(Also I loved Rehearsal and Identity Crisis- and then your work on AO3 in the Voltron fandom is absolutely superb- so now you're like my top favorite VLD fanfic writer EVER, and I want to be able to write as well as you, and gosh I'm just so amazed...)

Anyway, I got to where New Batcave is introduced. Yeah... I fell head-over-heels for your AU portrayal of Wally and Dick's AWESOME friendship- and then Roy's friendship with them too, which is saying something. Kaldur and Artemis' cameos were really neat and well-done. I just loooooove Dick and Wally and Roy and New Batcave. It's was so great and by the time Wally and Conner had to leave, I was really disappointed and ended up not reading the rest of it.

Until a few days ago, when I was really itching for more of your amazing work and also some great YJ fic since I miss the S1 version of that show. I read it... and fell in love with rest of it too. I simply cannot list all of the numerous things I loved about this fic, so let me be brief (but honest, of course).

I loved this fic, despite my normal distaste of zombie content. It gave me a much-needed appreciation for Connor, too, whom I have not liked or seen the value of as a character until I read this fic. Wally was also well written, of course, and though I loved him already it was great to see what his character could do without speedster abilities.

All in all, this is my favorite YJ AU that I have read so far, and probably one of my top favorite YJ fanfics in general, too. Thank you for writing and sharing this fic. (Be expecting a PM; I'm going to continue this review with a request that will contain spoilers that I don't want to reveal.)
9/5/2017 c1 RandomReaderGirl
THIS IS SOOOO EPIC!
I LOVE YOUR WRITING STYLE SO MUCH! AS SOON AS I STARTED READING I COULDN'T STOP UNTIL I READ IT ALL AND LOVED EVERY SINGLE BIT OF IT! THE WAY YOU MADE THE PACING AND DETAILS AND CHARACTERS WORK TOGETHER IS BRILLIANT! ZOMBIES AND SUPERHEROES ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITE STORY THEMES AND I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO READ A SCENARIO/STORY ABOUT HEROES TRULY FACING AN APOCALYPSE SO AS SOON AS I SAW HARSEIK'S ART HAD A STORY LINK I CLICKED IT FASTER THAN LIGHT SPEED XD AND YOURS HANDS DOWN NAILED IT :D!
I really liked the Young Justice show but found it disappointing in how rushed and messy the character development turned out- especially because season 2 was so random skipping 5 freaking years ahead :/ (crushed my fangirl heart when I realized that DX but I still like Y.J. XP) So reading how you wrote Connor was awesome because you kept his base/archetype/in-show-attitude but still gave him so much more depth and personality making me really wish you were a director on the show because he was especially left out in the development department :(
The bromance between him and Wally was so brotiful* and Robin/Dick and Roy's bromance was great too X3 I actually cried during some of the chapters when Wally and Conner were trying to get through the Zombie Lands and Wally got sick X'3 and celebrated so hard when they got through it all in the end X3 Overall you are freaking fantabulous and awemazing and I adore reading your stories very much! :D :3 :P *hearts and happy emojis for days...*
(*beautiful ;3 sorry I'm a pun pixie XP)
9/2/2017 c17 4VeronicaChase
It took me less than a day to read this. Last time I came across this story I read a couple chapters but stopped. Now, I'm proud to have finished it but I'm a little sad that you didn't end it with Wally at New Batcave to introduce Iris to the gang. Still a great story Love love loved it. I'm gonna have to check out ur profile lol
6/17/2017 c17 zanofthemoon
dude...holy fuck. I've spent three or so days reading this and I don't fucking regret it. this is fantastic. it may have been almost 4 years since it was written but bro if anything is to be said about this, it's that you deserve some type of recognition for your writing. I don't know if you still are now, but if you are, I have no doubt it'd be as good as this.
154 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »