for King and Lionheart

10/26/2013 c7 1whoufflemysouffle
The doctor felt human :')
10/26/2013 c7 16daisy-chains-and-bow-ties
Wow, that was some very complicated wibbly wobbly physicy whisicy stuff that went on. I kind of just sat grinning like a three year old repeating, "spaghettified" over and over again wondering if it could possibly sound sillier. It's nice to have a bit of fluff after Demons. That one messed me up but now I'm all like tea and oreo cupcakes and 1984 so that's great. Looks like I'm going to have to stop these ridiculous reviews now and skulk off in search of something that could even impress me after all of this.
10/26/2013 c6 daisy-chains-and-bow-ties
I've seen hints of dark doctor, but never like this. It's very true, the Doctor has done terrible things, he has acted as a god who decides who should live and who should die. He's been doing it for so long that most of the time he can't see the alternatives to killing. And Clara's right, you don't get excused for being bad just because you're good most of the time, or sometimes. "One good deed is not enough to redeem a man of a lifetime of wickedness" "Though it seems enough to condemn him". You did dark doctor really really well, and I was terrified there, because eleven is very close to my heart and good gallifrey I can't get used to the fact that's he's leaving, that he's going to die, and some new man will go sauntering away. His really dark moments are contrasted by his insanely silly ones. I think Ten did that rather well in the End of Time, saying how he'd killed, and worse, manipulated others into killing themselves for him. Despite his outwardly childish appearance, I think that eleven is the most in tune with the dark side of himself. And he is an angel, of death, maybe, but also of life. And one may tolerate a world of demons for one angel. I think the Doctor does this; he tolerates himself and he tolerates the monsters and he keeps going because of his companions, and even though he loses them, I suppose in the end maybe it does hurt, but maybe it's also worth it.
10/26/2013 c7 10RememberMeWhen
Aww, cute!
10/26/2013 c6 29littlexkiller
DEAR GOD

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT

MY FAVOURITE. YES. I APPROVE VERY MUCH.

10/26/2013 c5 16daisy-chains-and-bow-ties
Okay so I've actually found something that made me cry more than Alone on the Water. The combination of my actual favourite song and all the whouffle rendered me completely inconsolable. What was it that Sally Sparrow said, "[sad] is happy for deep people"? There's a certain freedom in crying, because you're making no apology for being sad, and you're not trying to hide it. You're just sad and the rest of the world can go to hell if they think you're going to hide it because tears make people who don't understand them uncomfortable. That said, this actually broke my heart, I strike it and it hurts my hand (though that may be saying more about my hand than my heart). Really, really, write a book and give it to me so that I can love it and sleep with it under my pillow and draw pretty things and put quotes everywhere. This is brilliant, fantastic!
10/26/2013 c4 daisy-chains-and-bow-ties
I am not sure how many books I've read. In fact, I get the distinct impression that I have read a lot more than I have ever read, but that was the best thing I have ever read in my life. It's been short, this life, and there's a lot to go, but I will be surprised if anything manages to top this. My dear, I hope that amid all the wonderfulness you are giving me (never stop) you are also writing something else. A book of poetry, a novel about the most wonderful people and things in the world that everyone will someday love and carry around with them in their rucksacks and briefcases and bags and massive pockets. I hope you are writing something that I will one day find on a shelf, and open, and smile because I just know that it's you and my dream and your dream and all of our dreams have come true, finally. That was the greatest thing I have ever read, and I've read the moon and stars out of the sky, and you should know that, and feel happy, because you deserve so much.
10/26/2013 c3 daisy-chains-and-bow-ties
That's one of my favourite songs, because I read this fic called Alone on the Water (which you probably won't recognise unless you're in the Sherlock fandom) and there was this fanmade vidoe (yeah, a fan of a fanfic making a fan video based on a fanfic) with this song put over it and every single time I watch it or listen to the song I cry my eyes out. This was no exception. Bloody hell, I was nervous when I read the first line because I was sort of like, "Am I even ready for this?" but after one cup of tea I was like, "eff it, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" (in the corniest way imaginable) so here I am, a bit more dehydrated but in the name of Whouffle. Epic chapter, stunningly written, I just loved how vivid all of it was, and it sort of made me realise even more that Clara's rivalling the Doctor in longevity now.
10/26/2013 c7 19Zygella
OMG MUUUUUSSE! I ALMOST CHOKED WHEN I SAW THOSE SONG NAMES
10/26/2013 c2 16daisy-chains-and-bow-ties
Holy Time Lords of Gallifrey that was great. I think there was an episode that sort of showed us why the Doctor needs companions. What was it he said, "When you make the universe your backyard, what do you get? A backyard", and you kind of got the sense that even though he couldn't really see the wonder in things most of the time, what made it okay, and what his reason was for having companions, was that showing the universe to others brought him so much joy. You expressed that really really well in this, with him looking at her instead of the stars. I ship Whouffle so much, so that was nice too. The poem was brilliant, I mean spectacular. I kind of get why the Doctor doesn't want to fall in love all over again: his other love stories didn't end so wonderfully at all. I'm sort of half in a fit of writer envy (the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on) and half really wanting to go somewhere where it's raining and buy a waterproof phone and run through the rain reading whouffle all day and then possibly being admitted to hospital. These violent delights have violent ends, after all.
10/26/2013 c1 daisy-chains-and-bow-ties
Wow, that was fantastic. I played it with the actual song on because I'm a complete and flouncing nerd when it comes to absolutely everything, and it was just wonderful! So few people actually come up with decent monsters in their fics, and believable reactions, but you did so much more than a decent job of it. I can now make a prediction on how I'm going to spend my Saturday. Not studying, but making copious amounts of tea while fangirling over this and writing ridiculously long reviews on every single chapter because I love to talk about as much as Ten. Seriously, that was brilliant, oh yes it was.
10/24/2013 c1 Guest
I absolutely adored this, seriously perfect. Night Vale references oh my god . and of monsters and men are one of my favourite bands! :D
10/22/2013 c6 12Reader244
Accident? Accident?! That was no accident. See, I went oooh redaugust turned dreamingofimpossiblethings has a new story! A oneshot song-related collection, awesome. Then... BAM chapter 5 and 6. Not. Cool. I read the A/N for 5 and thought nah, it can't be that bad... well clearly I was wrong, to say the least and then the same happened with 6. They make ME sad and anti-social and leave me looking weird on the bus. That's not to say I didn't really really like them though. Now excuse me while I go unplug my clock, take the time display off my phone and hide my watches so nothing will remind me of reading this for a while. Looking forward to an update... fluffy or not I suppose, since clearly I can't stop myself either.
10/20/2013 c6 1whoufflemysouffle
So good I CANT DEAL WITH THESE STORIES ! D:
10/20/2013 c5 MadMan-in-a-SnogBox
I was reading this while I was going to the uni, so...I started crying on the train! oh gosh, this chapter is incredible, full of memories, feelings and emotions. I love the way you described Clara's situation and all her sadness and emptyness, after Doctor's gone. Love it (despite the tears), good job :)
73 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »