for A part of you belongs to me

5/26/2020 c52 Rilla
Amazing as usual
8/11/2019 c52 1Melbel1
I made it to the end ... in a single day. I'm reading along with the Twist story and I also read and enjoyed the Clouds story. They are all very different, but the one thing that feels the same is the pacing. You can consistently pull off these very long stories well. That's super impressive.

All three stories are angsty, but I feel that both Rilla and Ken are the least in control of themselves in this one. The setting of Clouds is darker - I know both are set during the war but somehow being in Europe was darker (although Montreal seemed pretty bleak to me as well).

I like that no matter how messed up Rilla is, you still write her as a competent person. She may have a secret estranged marriage, but that girl gets to work every day and helps keep things very tidy.

Of course, she was so young. Ken would get arrested today. That is an issue with these old stories. The social norms were different. So, while Ken was older and Rilla was 15 at the party at the lighthouse in ROI, that was a bit thrilling for Rilla and not child abuse. ROI is at the margin but I think put into time period context it holds up. Some others (Little House on the Prairie does not - and it was a real story. She was very young and he was 10 years older.)

I enjoyed the Rilla/Shirley relationship and even the Rilla/Carl relationship. Plus, I liked a story where Walter didn't die and Jem gets to punch Ken in the nose.
8/11/2019 c43 Melbel1
I've now reached the point where I am admitting to myself that everything else will wait until I finish reading this story.
8/11/2019 c38 Melbel1
What a beautiful version of Leslie.
8/11/2019 c37 Melbel1
I had so many things that I was going to do today and now I can't stop reading this. Through a translator no less. Page turner. holy cow
8/11/2019 c23 Melbel1
I was only going to read until Ken contacted Rilla. My whole morning has evaporated while I waited for that too happen! Ken what has happened to you?
8/11/2019 c21 Melbel1
And now, I'm crying.
8/11/2019 c19 Melbel1
How is it possible that you are making me wonder if this won't work out with Ken and Rilla? And, maybe even rooting for Carl? Carl?!
5/14/2019 c52 47Tinalouise88
Bravo. I’m happy, they’re happy(with still a lot of learning to do) . We’re all happy. I can go to bed in peace lol.
5/14/2019 c41 Tinalouise88
I’m crying again. Oh you lady lol. It’s wAy past my bed time and I’m still reading

Oh Louis. Why why! Three years of torture out of a mistake!
5/14/2019 c36 Tinalouise88
The only things in my mind is indescribable screams. I want to shake home silly and do a happy dance. But mostly want to
Shake him.
5/14/2019 c33 Tinalouise88
Is it almost midnight already? Also he can’t be dead. I won’t allow it. I mean it’s the simplest thing that will let Rilla keep her secret for life. But. Really he can’t be dead.

I really should head to bed lol but I just. Can’t lol
5/14/2019 c27 Tinalouise88
I’m glad for Shirley. I mean it’s a strange love triangle. Poor Walter. Lost his girl to his little brother who is in a wheelchair.

The running gag of where Rillas money is coming from is fun. Still horrible of ken for not even writing but she seems have moved on. But the war is almost over. What then?
5/14/2019 c17 Tinalouise88
I’m starting to wonder if this truly a romance. Because the way it looking at least I know ken has enough money for a divorce when he gets back. Lol
5/14/2019 c15 Tinalouise88
Seriously ken. Pick up a pen once in a while. It’s called being a decent person.

Otherwise I’m still enjoying this lol
87 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »