for A lesson in humanity

9/23 c1 jenwincart
loved it
11/25/2013 c1 39IrishNun
Cas has learned a lot so far; toilet breaks, protection with a woman and humanity. Unfortunately, probably the one person he wanted to share it all with can’t take him in. Cas’ face dropping was so heart breaking. He was like a sad puppy. :( Nice descriptions.
11/24/2013 c1 13Numpty
Hey my dear!

So good to have you back and sorry for the lateness of this review!

Loved this little insight into Dean's thought processes and thought you nailed how difficult this was for him. The scene on the show had no subtlety, but you gave us the nuances with this great piece.

"smiling into every bite of his burrito" - Awww!

"silence from behind him, optimism in front of him, dread and resolution in his gut" - oh that's awesome!

That last line perfect!

Thank you for sharing this - hope to see more from you soon!
11/12/2013 c1 15kenziepaige8818
Sorry it took me so long to read this! This scene was truly heartbreaking and you portrayed it extremely well, great job on this!
11/2/2013 c1 87Wynefred
Baby steps, nothin'! This may be short, my friend, but it's so powerful. Beautiful little fic.

I've suspected Zeke from the beginning, and his actions in this scene just cemented my distrust. However, Jared has been rocking it lately. Love love love this season so far.

Welcome back!
10/30/2013 c1 218MeAzrael
Oh Spatz - this is so incredibly sad! Couldn't read it earlier though I wanted to because I watched the episode just now - and boy, the look on both their faces - but especially on Cas's face, after all that'd happened to him? Loved your story, and loved the last line: It's a lesson in humanity all right; just not one Dean ever wanted his friend to learn... What's the game Zeke's playing? Tough times. But hey, there's one good thing: you're back again :-) Yay to you, I missed your stories!

Go on, baby steps are good - baby steps are awesome.

xx Kate
10/24/2013 c1 Casismyfavorite
Wonderful Dean POV in this heartbreaking, sad scene. I can imagine Dean actually thinking these words.
10/25/2013 c1 331983Sarah
Poor Cas and poor Dean. You captured the tortured aspects of both characters. I can't wait to see what happens next on the show and what Zeke is up to, why he didn't want Cas to stay since the bunker IS warded. Anyway, good story!
10/24/2013 c1 162smalld1171
Welcome back my beautiful friend! You have come back to writing in a fantastic way! Love every word of this... Castiel's expression at the end broke my heart, and Dean's, I'm sure. This is great and who knows, maybe it is the motivation I need to write a little tag of my own. Love it, Becky, very well done!
10/23/2013 c1 187BlueNeutrino
It's a short fic, so I'll try and keep my comments on it short too:

Sad. Well written and carefully considered. What I'd consider a faithful interpretation of the characters. Overall, a very nice piece.

Normally I take quotes from the story and say what I specifically liked about each one, but ever since no-copy has been enforced that isn't exactly easy anymore, so suffice to say that I thought all of it was very well done.
10/23/2013 c1 SPN Mum
Awww, you described the expression on Cas' face perfectly! I hated that Ezekiel made Dean have to choose like that, because Cas is important to him too. What will Sam say? I'm sure he won't understand why Cas had to leave, since Sam would feel Cas needs to stay with them. Dean will have to lie again, and those darn lies are building up so fast now. :( I just have to ask myself, is the reason Ezekiel gave Dean the REAL reason, or just one he made up because he can't have Cas realize that he is in Sam? O.o
10/23/2013 c1 sylia91
Cas's expression at the end broke my heart too and of course the evil producers decided to cut to black right after. Love this fic, reflecting exactly my thoughts while watching the scene.
10/23/2013 c1 8Sharlot
Awwwww! "Why does this gift horse always come with teeth?" So heartbreaking!

Jesus Becky...this is really sublime. Lovely work. It's so emotional.

Welcome back, indeed.