FanFiction.Net
for MISSION: Ghost, An OPERATION: Break the Dawn Extra

11/9/2013 c1 JoMarie54
Well, that was tough to read but it made me teary at the end to see how he kept his spirit and how they all came together.

I just lost my Dad last month. He flew 50 missions as a gunner on a B-24 Liberator during World War II. On Veterans Day, I'm going to the same hospital he died in to have a small meningioma removed (benign brain tumor). The lady who did my pre-surgical testing said it's a very spiritual day and that my Dad will be with me. I think she's right.
11/9/2013 c1 Eeyorefan12
So difficult to read and yet I found I couldn't stop. Very intense and suspenseful. This is a valuable addition to Operation: Break the Dawn and an intriguing (and a little heartbreaking) look into The Ghost and the formation of his team.
11/9/2013 c1 mamacat20
That was crazy. It's no wonder he doesn't speak of his injuries and now we know how he got his team.
11/9/2013 c1 beachlovers
You ROCK! hoping Bella takes even better care of him now!
11/9/2013 c1 1netka
Oh my - You had me at the edge of my seat. That was one brutal SOB. I knew he was going to be ok, but still - reading what he had to go through? That was hard, very hard to read.
Hopefully, you will grace us with another extra to show how he got the name "The Ghost" ... that would be interesting reading.
11/9/2013 c1 20Maplestyle
So much more love for Edward after reading this. I loved him before but I love him even more now. Can't wait for more of the main story and thank you for sharing this!
11/9/2013 c1 TD69
Loved the chapter. God bless our troops.
11/9/2013 c1 suzy 2010
Very good background story. Poor Edward,what a very graphic tale on how he brought his team together.
11/9/2013 c1 beachcomberlc
This is a phenomenal outtake to O:BTD. It is raw and gritty, making my stomach churn in numerous places, but giving us a definite insight into the background and psyche of Captain Cullen. It is actually fitting that it is not as "polished" (to use your words) as your usual chapters because this accounting of his imprisonment and torture does not need polish. It stands on its own merit as the fictionalized account of one soldier's bravery under extreme circumstances. Unfortunately, the basis to this story lies in fact and history with the tales of real-life heroes.

Thank you for reminding all of us that our freedom comes at a great price. May God bless the souls of past, current, and future protectors of our freedom, my own Kory among them. RIP Kory and Cooper.

Beach
11/9/2013 c1 debslmac
They put him through so much, but they didn't break him. Loved this
11/9/2013 c1 KristineM
Great insight on how the team came together! Thanks for sharing!
11/9/2013 c1 SillyJilly123
Wow, this blew me away! It was tough to read, but it makes me love the Captain even more. He's amazing. I love how this was how his team got together. Amazing!
11/9/2013 c1 1Beans827
OH MY, that was so gruesome but still SOOO well done. Great tribute to those who stand on the line for us! BRAVO! ;-)
11/9/2013 c1 LostInPA
Wow...no words to adequately wrap around this outtake. Spectacular. Awe inspiring. Tragic. They come to mind along with a few others. Thank you so much for this. It certainly puts a new light on the man and his brothers and sisters.
119 « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8