for A Piece of the Puzzle

11/15/2013 c1 21GeorgeAndrews
This was just really great exactly the kind of thing I had in mind when I came up with the challenge. Fabulous to set it from Drew's pov and in the first person, I am actually starting to like reading and writing in the first person more and more. And the impression Drew has of Mac at the time of this piece is very similar to how I think he came across in the show. I always felt he was breaking into the bond between three brothers and getting involved and making it about him as usual when it wasn't. It was about the three boys who obviously loved each other dearly, one dead, one traumatised into almost being a killer and the other one risking his life to save him. I felt all of this so much in this piece.
11/14/2013 c1 32NYwLove
What an amazing way to go about this challenge, you did a fabulous job! And the fact that you used puzzles, love it. Now I really need to watch TTAH again! Cannot wait for what you have in store for us next!
11/13/2013 c1 tlh45
Liked the "not so obvious" way you told this story. Makes me want to go watch "The Thing About Heroes" again. Looking forward to the next story.
11/13/2013 c1 39Mahala
Oh goody. A new story. About mac. And a back story too. Glad you didn't take the 'obvious way'. This was so much more effective. Andy/Drew was really rather creepy here especially with the descriptions of the drawing (and the empty windows!). I liked that you chose to write it from his point of view. The references to the city buildings, puzzles and hangman were particularly inspired. And the ending was perfect! Great job.
11/13/2013 c1 33Kates89
This was really good, I loved how it was written from Andy's perspective and the child like thoughts were so spot on :)
11/12/2013 c1 The account is deleted
Oh goodness, what a creepy story - and so impressive that you can reverse-engineer Mac like this! I love the not-so-straightforward approach - it's so effective to portray the calm before the storm, so to speak, since we all know what happens next. :O I think you really know what evil lurks in children's minds, Smuffly ... Extra points for turning the psycho cityscape drawing into a puzzle, for Andy casually mentioning Hangman, and for Mac himself giving Andy the fateful idea to follow them that day. No wonder this'll all come back to haunt him later on … *shudder*
11/12/2013 c1 9hap.e.daze
So good… This is wonderful. I love the idea of doing this from Andy's perspective. It's clever, unique and so well-written. I also love this glimpse of Mac from Andy's perspective. It's a dark yet witty narrative, and that's a compelling read. Well-done!
11/12/2013 c1 12TheDeep
Props to you for the not so straightforward! I like this a lot better than the straightforward approach! And the jigsaw puzzle... you do know that I had a shiver run down my spine when I realized the connection to the big puzzle the team gets of NY and the building in Chicago... this was awesome all around! I love it! (And yeah... I'll add it to my favorites, of course! ;) )
11/12/2013 c1 31lily moonlight
Hi :) Your long lost friend from Cornwall here! I'm sitting with a cosy hot water bottle, hoping to catch up with a few reviews. Interesting story and I liked how you wrote Mac here - a bit uncomfortable and kind of the bad guy, at least in Andy's eyes, who, incidentally, I always felt a bit sorry for. He was well-written here, especially in his interactions with Mac.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service