for Code Geass: Redo of the Rebellion

5/14/2019 c1 VanishingVali
Okay, there's being dark, then there's being too dark, then there's Darkness Induced Audience Apathy. One of the major things a story should continue to do is give the readers a reason to care: Except at this point, there is no reason.

You've gone so dark that there is no reason to care about what happens anymore. The whole concept behind the story was "The future turned to shit, so Lelouch has to fix it. If he fails, then he's erased." Except by this point, he's already failed his goal. The world is heading to shit in both the future AND the past.

In the future, most of the Black Knights are dead, those in the know about the Zero Requiem are dead, Schneizel got freed and pulled one other on Nunnally and now they're both dead.

In the past, the JLF are traitors earlier than canon and causing more trouble than their worth, Cornelia and her guard are dead, Euphie is dead, Milly is nearly killed trying to escape, Shirley is brain dead, Suzaku is emotionally dead, and Lelouch has practically lost everything. Cause even if he manages to escape this battle, Nunnally is heavily injured, and Charles is still a threat, and unlike the first time around, Lelouch only has the Kozuki Cell to rely on. At this point, Lelouch has already lost. Any potential allies he could have remade are either dead or hate his guts ahead of schedule, and he's reduced to the bare minimum.

In your efforts to make the story dark and ambitious, you've taken away any reason to really care. Sorry but, this is where I leave this sinking ship. Best of luck to you, but whatever the future holds, I'm staying out of it.
5/12/2019 c23 dmalf
This story is such a wild ride and I fucking love every minute of it.
5/8/2019 c6 kuro yaksha
Really i mean what is the poibt of fanfic and the time travel if lelouch forgets his lesson if plot goes exactly sane as canon
5/7/2019 c23 7ThatIndieReviewer
Perfect, this was perfect
5/5/2019 c23 2Lord Alania
I get you were doing a Darkest Hour moment with this chapter before revealing Lelouch is still in control but im not sure if it works. Everything is too depresing and desperate now. Its still a great chapter though.
5/5/2019 c23 12Harbinger Of Kaos
Well no question about it now, they are in the shit now.

I mean they took out the final snake head since they have lost Cornelia, Dalton and Gulford so right now the military will be leaderless given that Orange is in charge. Though now teh question becomes how do they deal with the Naval forces coming to take care of the Federation?

Susaku is now messed up, even though we know that in the last chapter you had Orage and Villeta evacuate Euphy, though clearly he didn't know taht and Jeremiah took advantage of it to get him to act. Can't wait to see the fallout from that mess, though it makes sense why he knocked her out, plausible deniability all.

Lelouch and Kallen are now a thing, wonder how tehy spend those 20 minutes while the BK take over Mt. Fuji. Still after that one can't help but wonder how he will deal with Todoh and his group sicne they think he attacked Ashford.

Speaking of, glad to see that Rivalz rose to the occasion for the woman he loved.
5/5/2019 c23 1Titanfire999
Well. Everything sucks don't it.
5/4/2019 c23 Zathol
Oh dam so much more worse then I thought. Really tosses that saying in there. More things change...the more they stay the same.

If I read this right then Euphie is dead. Again. I prefer that to Suzaku and her getting together.
Suzaku blames all his own problems on Zero. Again. Though this time it actually isn't directly his fault.

Cornelia's most likely dead. Bummer. Hard to have an opinion on her in this kind of situation. Silver lining? She didn't have to witness Euphie dying.

Poor Jeremiah. Really feel for the guy.

Katase...you reap what you sew and you sewed a lot.

Silver Lining of the chapter? uhhhhhhhh.
hmmmm.
AH HUH! Lelouch captured FUJI! I am king of the mountain! Oh and he and Kallen got a special moment. I am surprised how she is dealing with Knowing Lelouch is zero. Honestly I feel like i need to reread this story because it's been awhile.

Dam Xingke dropped the ball there. His constant desire to protect Tianze screwed him over this time thinking he knows whats best. Hope this really shows him the error of his ways as well as bite him in the ass.

Wonder how Tianze and Kaguya are dealing with things. I would wonder if they are in danger as well. Bet Kaguya would be horrified at what Katase and taizo have done. I could imagine she would view it as betraying and jeopardizing every advantage they had for very little.

Surprised by the new chapter but thanks even if it was a bit depressing with the events. Hopefully some silver linings start showing through those dark clouds.
5/3/2019 c23 26KingofHeartless'09
Guessing Euphie will die along with her sister.
5/3/2019 c23 bassplayer123
...I have a feeling C.C. isn't going to be too happy when she finds out what Kallen and Lelouch have been up to while she's been gone.

As for the chapter itself, it was frickn' amazing. You've perfectly captured the horrors and atrocities that can occur in war. I think my favorite part was when Suzaku just completely loses it and starts mowing down innocent civilians because he thought Euphie had died. All his grief and desperation is on full display, and it gave me chills down my spine because it was just like that time in R1 where he goes berserk right after Lelouch shoots Euphie.

Don't worry at all about this chapter being too ambitious. In fact, I think a lot of other authors on this site could take a few notes from you and be a bit MORE ambitious so their writing could be as good as yours.

No, but seriously. WHY CAN'T MORE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE WRITE AS WELL AS YOU DO?
5/3/2019 c23 6patrickthenobleman
I haven't been able to follow much of this story but damn that was awesome having Rivalz save Milly the way he did.
And a nice ending with Kallen and Lelouch.
5/3/2019 c23 Anonymous
Cornelia dead? Kind of undecided if she deserved that.
5/3/2019 c23 13Forthwith16
What a surprise, Katase. You made a deal with someone you really, REALLY obviously shouldn't have, and it backfired HARD in your face. Who could have predicted this? Maybe you should have listened to the genius who got you as far as you have.

But wow, things have seriously gotten really bad, really fast. Poor Lelouch. But hey, he got to make out with Kallen, at least. I wasn't expecting that, but I'm all for it. I've always wanted to see Kallen make her move on an adrenaline high in this approximate manner. It's exactly as I imagine she would have wanted to. There's nothing better than making out on a battlefield when you're no longer able to participate.

Also, I think this is the first time I've ever seen a badass Rivalz that didn't seem forced. Kudos to you.
5/3/2019 c23 Fortitude501
It's official.

Your probably the only writer that has the balls to kill off well-known characters in Canon.

Here's the current list so far: Andreas Darlton, Gilbert G.P. Guilford, David Darlton, Cornelia Li Britannia, Katase Tatewaki, Gao Hai and lastly possibly Euphemia Li Britannia (again) as well.
5/3/2019 c23 2SuperApplePie
Damn. I hope Lelouch takes control of this situation soon or I'm really dreading what will happen after this.
738 « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »