for The Billet-Doux

7/29/2014 c3 Never.be.royal12
booo that poor terrible terror :(
please update soon!
4/4/2014 c3 Guest
Phew! Snotlout gets the TREMENDOUS honor of marrying the psychotic Freyja's daughter. Thank goodness. But I'll probably jinx the whole thing and everything will fall through and Hiccup will have no choice but to marry Freyja's crazy daughter. PLEASE DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN!
3/10/2014 c3 16commandocucumber
This story is off to a very strong start. This fandom is full of stories ranging from terrible to mediocre. Its nice when one happens across a fic as riveting as yours. Update soon plz!
3/9/2014 c3 22HamPickleSandwich
Oh my god. Just.. wow.

I am loving where this story is going! Honestly, this is something else. I'm especially excited about the fact that it isn't Hiccup that's getting married to somebody else - there are so many stories that follow that idea, but I don't think I've seen an arranged marriage with Snotlout and a non-Berkian before :)

I really love Toothless's personality also - usually he's personified as wise, sometimes snarky, but it's refreshing to see him still have that intelligence but to demonstrate that as a puppy would.

Lastly, I can tell you that my inner shipper is very satisfied with the Hiccup/Astrid in this. They're interacting totally as they should, and that's fabulous. Everyone is very much in character here.

I can't wait until you post the next chapter!
3/9/2014 c3 1Cyclone20
Wow so this chapter was totally awesome! From all of the Hiccup/Astrid moments (keep that up!) to the huge talk with Stoick and Freyja, this chapter was just fantastic!

So I know that you avoided the whole Hiccup has to marry somebody else from another tribe which I love since Hiccup and Astrid can be together for now. Would have been really bad if Stoick said Hiccup was the offering with Astrid holding his hand next to him, really bad...

So otherwise, the talk once again was awesome, Freyja calling Stoick a coward multiple times was crazy and just the whole thing was crazy but like I said, if Stoick offered Hiccup that woulda suckeddd.

Great chapter and update soon!
2/8/2014 c2 RestlessRaggedandReckless
Hmmmmm. That was quite an odd beginning; it reminded me of a dreamlike scene a character could remember when triggered or harmed. Marvelous work, really. As for the entire chapter, it hooked me into reading it word for word and wanting more. The suspense created here is a very nice touch. Incredibly well done!
2/5/2014 c2 Guest
Let me guess. This woman has a girl Hiccup's age. And then the whole Hiccup-forced-to-get-married-to-some-stranger-that's-a-daughter-to-their-enemy-and-causes-romantic-drama-and-tragedy-between-him-and-Astrid situation. lol XD

PLEASE UPDATE SOON! Seriously. lol XD
1/27/2014 c2 Cyclone20
So this was a good chapter for sure, I think that you followed the arrow scene good in the first chapter. What kinda caught my eye was when Astrid so the fear in Hiccup eyes and when she saw that, she paled and didn't know what to do. I found that very interesting just because of the way that their relationship is, Hiccup's pure emotion in the moment even caused Astrid, who would normally jump into action, almost freeze up at the sight of what the situation was. It shows the kinda connection between them so I'm looking very closely to see what you end up doing with them.

One thing I will say is to not to go heavily into all of the political crap. It brings down the story and constricts your ability to write a lot of things especially romance in general so just my 2cents.

Anyway good chapter and update soon!
1/15/2014 c1 RestlessRaggedandReckless
Interesting! I'm very intrigued by this spin on the concept of tribe dilemma. Needless to say, this is quite astounding. Perfectly detailed and in character, you've created a beautiful start to a grand tale, I'm sure. Well done!
12/18/2013 c1 Guest
Ooooh, we have some conflict for the next chapter! Is the marriage that Hiccup will be forced in be with Astrid? Please? Because I'll cry if it's not. PLEASE UPDATE SOON!
12/18/2013 c1 Cptbrandyteache
Keep it up
12/16/2013 c1 Cyclone20
Alright so not a bad first chapter at all, I think that the set up was good, I like the way that you present Hiccup and Astrid as a couple which is pretty big when I read a story about them so I hope you continue that, and just overall this was a good start.

The only thing I will say though is to watch your grammar and stuff like that; like you said, this kinda story has been done many times and are being done right now so you have to make sure that when you post a chapter that it stands out and people don't get bored or anything like that but regardless this was a good start!

Liked the first chapter and update soon!