for Stiff Competition

4/21/2019 c1 4FranArian
So disappointing that the final two chapters promised never manifested...
2/4/2017 c5 8BarbT
So sorry this one's never been finished!
1/7/2016 c2 89HadesGhostGirl
is the amount of reference to a shrine for Ianto really necessary? I'm half way between crying and laughing everytime I read it. This is good so far, going to read the rest in the morning
12/16/2015 c5 sd4ianto
You bring up one of the episodes that I hate. I really didn't like how Jack just dismissed the team, Ianto, "back home" as no one. When Ianto was fighting to do as Jack would want him to do. How he would have stayed if given the choice. Not that it would have mattered with Jack. He would have just been back with them. But acting like they didn't matter and then being so disappointed when they got back. He just acted like he really didn't want to be there.

Sorry. (Climbing off my soap box now.) I loved this chapter with Arty and Georgie. And the understanding and seeing it the different ways from each point of view. Wonderful. I liked how Georgie talked about the way the each see the word couple. How they would have given anything to have been able to call themselves a couple and then how with Ianto and Jack having that opportunity and then not being able to do it.

I would love to see all that dancing on the Plass!
12/15/2015 c5 58Lady Emma Wentworth
Yeah! This has been a great continuation! Well worth waiting for - thank you so much! You have such a talent for the friendly, snarky, affectionate and playful banter between these characters - I loved it! Keep up the good work. Please?!
12/13/2015 c5 sandysan2013
I'm sorry you haven't been well. This story is lovely and I'm sure, so are you. This is making me smile.
12/13/2015 c5 taylorpatta
I can't believe I've only just found this story! I'm loving it! Thank you so much :-)
12/13/2015 c5 36Cerih
This was always a delightful story and remains so. It pleases me a great deal that you have a shared another chapter, for each and every one of them deserve to be shared. No doubt the reviews will reflect that. SC remains my favourite story on this site, incomplete or not, for many reasons you already know. As for this particular chapter, it's full of love, heartbreak, understanding and hope, much like the real life. Real life isn't a fairytale, or Disney as Gwen might say, yet people still try and succeed in making the most of it. So are the characters in this wonderful story. You already know how much I love George and Arthur, and can't wait to see more of them.

It remains a privilege to have been a part of the journey that led you here.
12/12/2015 c5 Alice Carter
What a delightful surprise, seeing this story continue! Arthur and George are wonderful characters. I love the past connection between Arthur and Jack. The whole evening was so romantic, and yet revealed so much truth. I'm very much looking forward to the next installment.
9/23/2015 c4 4FranArian
Wow...what a romp! Really enjoyed the entire story posted thus far. Would LOVE to hear and audio drama (oh, please just FILM it!) of Chapter 3. Priceless! :}
12/11/2014 c4 58Lady Emma Wentworth
I am so disappointed that you abandoned this story! I love it - you have put so much thought into the plot and the characters' interactions and I was looking so much into finding out what happens!
3/27/2014 c1 DancingDuck98
this made me laugh so much. I think we all want a slice of jones
3/11/2014 c4 188Gmariam
You have done so much with this chapter, it's amazing. You know already how much I adore the image of Jack and Ianto in their dinner suits going to the opera. Then to actually play some opera while they leave was just lovely, as were the pictures the team took before they left. All strong moments, for both Jack and Ianto as well as the team.
Then it gets serious.
First you reveal Gwen and her continued naivete regarding Jack. I think you really hit on the reasons she is the way she is, does the things she does, says the things she says. And you did it without going overboard. I liked how clueless Gwen was, how defensive she became, because it seemed real. But it's true: she hurt the team with her words, and they proved her ignorance and lack of compassion, especially for Jack and Ianto. And then you took it further, looking into her reasons for refusing to see Jack and Ianto as more serious. Those lines were hard to read, btw, just because as a reader I want to go "Really Gwen?" and shake her silly. But it's true: she wants it all even though a good deal of it is hero worship. Boo on her sometimes. Glad Owen took her down.
Which is the next big reveal: Owen reveals so much of himself here, first through Gwen and then through Tosh. And of course with the opera aria as well as the dance on the Plass. Really nicely done. Too bad we didn't get to see more of that Owen in the show as I have no doubt he was in there.
Tosh too was a delight, showing good backbone in finally clueing Gwen into the hurt she caused the team. Her scene with Owen at the end was lovely. What a great couple they would have made!
So some all around wonderful character insights here that explain and tie up so many of the little things we didn't get resolved in the show. I'm really looking forward to what Jack and Ianto experience and discuss on the Plass. Good luck with it!
3/10/2014 c4 11FiBeeN
Beautifully done and the Aria was perfect. Nice choice. I also really appreciate your take on Owen. You obviously have a soft spot for him and so do I. I so want him to be happy too. I hope the next couple of weeks fly by until your next chapter is done.
3/10/2014 c3 FiBeeN
Lot's of fun once again. I love the way you keep up the light hearted patter and yet still have them discussing serious issues. You have a gift!
52 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »