for Stiff Competition

1/28/2014 c3 sd4ianto
I absolutely love the interaction between Ianto and Jack. The fact that Jack was making mental notes of the new insights to Ianto, brilliant. And people do behave differently in different circumstances is so true. It's nice once in a while to see Ianto relax and open up some. I am looking forward to the opera.
1/27/2014 c3 Alice Carter
The pub scene did not disappoint. The dialogue volleyed like a tennis match. I don't know how you were able to keep up the pace!
I loved the fan fiction nods: "Jack and Ianto: the straight woman's dream." (Oh, yes!) And the sly "Gwen bashing" reference, too.
But for all that, the character insights remained intact. The small group conversations are where your writing shines - Rhys/Jack, Tosh/Jack, Ianto/Jack. Through these vignettes, we learn as much about them as they do about themselves.
(Thank you for the reference. I'm honoured.)
1/27/2014 c3 I love Janto
Glad they bonded.
Now people think Rhys is gay.
We know he is not.
1/9/2014 c2 I love Janto
Love this so far. Every one had to talk.
Ianto heard everything that was said in chapter one.
1/9/2014 c2 36Cerih
I knew this chapter would be good from the review snippets you had shared, but I didn’t appreciate just how good it was until I got the first draft for review. Your writing is mature and oh so insightful. Seriously, some of the points you make, particularly about Jack and his long life, would never have occurred to me. I also love and respect the fact that you take the time to fully develop the scenes and the topics discussed. Not many authors would dare to write 10k chapters for their first story! You are far braver than you give yourself credit for!

You’ve struck a careful balance between the serious topics Ianto and Rhys discuss and the banter that lightens the dialogue and makes it read effortlessly. I agree with the others, the characters, both in their responses and in their mannerisms are spot on, which shows just how good your understanding of them is. As Gmariam has already remarked, all the little references to the episodes, all those subtle jibes at the fandom are delightful.

Already this chapter shows that your confidence in your own writing is growing, which is a wonderful thing to see. The wider themes of the story are beginning to emerge and you weave them into the narrative in a consistent and careful manner. Like so many others, I can wait to see what comes next!

I'm thrilled to see how well this story has been received and I remain, as ever, honoured to work with you on this.
1/9/2014 c2 sd4ianto
I havve no doubt that Ianto can win. Just because he's quiet doesn't mean he's dumb right? I think Ianto is the most intellegent out of them all. I know they are all smart, but just because you're smart doesn't mean you are intellegent. Which, don't get me wrong, they all are to some degree. Just not to the same degree as Ianto.
1/9/2014 c2 shinee1234
This was fun to read. There was serious discussions going on and i liked how rhys and ianto talked about the insecurities. Another amazing chapter!
Looking forward to the chap.3
Thank you!
1/8/2014 c2 sandysan2013
Excellent!
1/8/2014 c2 17Taamar
Another excellent chapter. I always felt that canon didn't dig deep enough into Rhys. RTD practically deified Gwen, then ignored the man who kept her grounded. Thank you for this glimpse of what should have been. Can't wait to see the next!
1/8/2014 c2 Alice Carter
A good test of whether or not a story rings true is if you can picture the scene as it's played out and hear the actors saying the lines. This hits the mark on both counts. The dialogue is crisp and absolutely spot-on for Rhys and Ianto's characters (and I can picture Kai and Gareth doing this scene - hmm, isn't that a pleasant thought! :) Some hard questions have been dealt with, and there's enough humourous banter to keep the whole conversation real. I am really looking forward to the pub scene.
1/8/2014 c2 12WinterDance
I really hope you plan on writing more. I love good dialogue and you've done it brilliantly in this. Good pacing, the conversation ebbs and flows as it should and I cannot wait for the fallout of their plan! Definitely a fic I will look forward to reading through when it's done.
1/8/2014 c2 188Gmariam
Congratulations, this is fantastic! What a brilliant, witty, fast-paced conversation you've written them. It's fun, flirty, and yet emotional and deep at the same time. Rhys is so in character with some of the things he says, particularly the things that he naively asks which provoke a strong reaction from Ianto. Who is also so wonderfully in character, not only with his quick banter (love Rhys complaining about Ianto being too quick for him!) but also with his heated reactions.
There are also so many little references to both the show and the fandom that are a delight, from the stags butting antlers bit to the Janto line. So very clever on the author's part!
The male bonding was a really beautiful thing to see, even if I didn't understand a darn thing about rugby or saunas. Yet even better, I can't wait to see their little plot put into action in the next chapter.
I'm so glad you decided to run with this, it's wonderful fun with a great deal of heart. Good luck continuing! :)
1/6/2014 c1 Alice Carter
Brilliant dialogue, hilarious story. And I wish that the series had paid more attention to consistent character development, too.
Looking forward to more from you.
12/25/2013 c1 DareTheDevil
Great story! Keep up writing. I am really looking forward to the next chapter!
Thanks.
12/24/2013 c1 Guest
Laughed so hard, i wish i could read chapter 2 yesterday.
52 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »