for After The Storm

12/29/2013 c1 4cowherderess
This is a really interesting premise-with Mary moving to London instead of staying at Downton and pining for Matthew. And meeting a nicer man than Richard Carlisle ;)

But honestly I'm not sure how I feel about Matthew and Charles Blake being pitted against each other. In canon they play different roles in Mary's life-Matthew being the love of her life and Charles (maybe) (I hope) being the one to help her pick up the pieces after. Of course this is an AU so all things are possible, but it's kind of hard to imagine the two of them existing alongside each other. And also hard to imagine a world where Mary doesn't pick Matthew.

That said, I'll definitely keep reading and see what happens!
12/26/2013 c1 eyeon
I am SO torn. This is a very well-written story, but I'm still living on the "other" side of S4, having seen none of it (but a ton of spoilers) on this side. So I don't know if I can manage if Mary ends up with Blake...I do hope you carry on, as SOME day I might be ready for it (if she doesn't end up with Matthew)...
12/25/2013 c1 18Chickwriter
Love it, do it, don't stop!
12/25/2013 c1 41funnygirl00
Oh, go MC please!
12/24/2013 c1 Guest
This is the most interesting plot i've read in a fic in a long time. Hoping for M/C. Matthew turned Mary down, fell in love and proposed to Lavinia. Mary deserves a man who chooses her above everyone else and is willing to fight for her. I trust you to write well whatever you choose to do. Thanks:)
12/24/2013 c1 4Lifewithcourtneyy
I love it! Brilliant idea! I adore Charles :') I love that they still disliked each other at first, I wonder what will happen when Matthew is brought into the picture?
12/23/2013 c1 Rosaline
Ugh hate Blake, and loathe Ovenden even more. M/M please.
12/23/2013 c1 annie
wow, that's going to be amazing! Please, let it be MM. I like Charles but Mary and Matthew are meant to be together. And please continue, you're doing a great job!
12/23/2013 c1 didyouhaveagoodtime
Well, that is certainly intriguing, and in some way I think I can buy Mary meeting another man and falling in love to heal over her heartache for how Matthew left in 1914 more than she falling in love in the same frame of time after his death. I'm eager to see where you will go with this, although I must say, it really seems already set. But, who knows, seeing each other again after two years could have unforseen effects on both Mary and Matthew. Well done :)
12/23/2013 c1 AmeriGirlTN
Beautifully written but it has M/M. Please !
12/23/2013 c1 Guest
I love this so much but this is totally going to kill me! I love both MM and MC, so Charles around with Matthew alive just completely confuses my feelings. I think at this point Mary just has to have both of them! ;)
12/22/2013 c1 circa1910
Oh, M/C, please. This was charmingly written. Its been a whole year since that Christmas Special disaster so, yes, its time to imagine Mary with someone else, regardless of when it happens in the story line. Plus, I took a peak at Season 4 cast interviews on youtube and Julian Ovenden/Charles Blake is adorable.
12/22/2013 c1 Daniela
Mary belongs to Matthew. Forever. Blake may be good, funny, handsome man, but ... Matthew is love of Marys life.
12/22/2013 c1 Grace
M/M please. They're the only good Downton OTP and I love reading post S1 AU M/M fics. Plus I really dislike Blake.
12/22/2013 c1 31Apollo888
Very intriguing. I don't know if we have the courage to see this competition through but I'm trying to be brave. Love that song by the way and I expect Matthew's reaction to her arrival will be epic.
52 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »