for Saved by the gong

Fuuny
1/4/2014 c1 nita100
That was a cute story!
12/31/2013 c1 41shana.rose
Lol Mary and Matthew are quite the stubborn pair.
12/30/2013 c1 13Kavan
Well naturally I uber loved it. I quite like the universe you’ve created here and the sense of happiness all four characters share. What I think makes this work so well is the little touches, the smallest nuances that just add so much to this story. Because on one hand yes its just a happy drabble but on the other we learn so much about M&M and Tom & Sybil.

I’m especially glad you brought in Matthew’s back pain. My headcannon is his pain is a good deal worse than he lets on. I like the little nuances like the stairs kicking up that pain. And I think as you wrote so effectively-he would not let on to anyone save Mary. Even if it meant making Tom think he did not desire his company.

I also love me some Uncle Matthew and Aunt Mary. One thing DA skimps on is little scenes like this that do so much to sell the Crawleys as a family unit. Mary and Sybil designing the nursery together. Such a nice touch.

The unnamed nanny is it wrong that I kinda want it to be Nanny West and I want a scene where all four of them and Edith go off on her.

Mary looking critical to everyone else but Matthew alone knowing it was concern…perfection. Matthew alone knowing she was tired. Perfection.

Edith and Tom are allies forever. Again sooo right.
And then Nurse Branson making them both sit down. And them doing it. Awesome.

This was such a fun little drabble. So glad you participated. And Matthew lives everyday in fanfic!
12/29/2013 c1 luvgoround
Lovely nursery scene story and yes I think Matthew would be plagued with some back pain every now and then when he overdid it.
12/29/2013 c1 eyeon
The best day ever! Love the story. Hope there is more!
12/29/2013 c1 didyouhaveagoodtime
Hahahaha, this was just so funny and lovely. Thank you for this :)
12/29/2013 c1 tammyteresa64
Lovely :)
12/29/2013 c1 judyl1
A lovely story. I would have loved seeing Tom and Sybil and Mary and Matthew become close friends.
12/29/2013 c1 31Apollo888
So sweet! And made even more so since we know how happily they live in your world. Exactly my kind of fluff.
12/29/2013 c1 Guest
This is how it should have been! Hooray for you!