for Christmas, 1979

11/6/2019 c4 12excessivelyperky
Very well done! And quite accessible to those like me who are not really up on The Saint, as well.
3/23/2019 c3 excessivelyperky
So far I have avoided the temptation to play Rubik's Cube, though I do well with the two-dimension number thingies...

I can really see Peter getting into it, though, especially if he's the only one doing it-he's always needed something that was just his.
2/23/2018 c2 excessivelyperky
Delightful vignette! And Peter is extraordinarily insightful about their fun not being all that funny to those it was directed at-and possibly wishing he and his friends had shown more imagination and less venom. That is real progress, and I do not mean that sarcastically.
10/18/2016 c1 excessivelyperky
Good beginning. Of course, there's always the chance that Sirius disapproves of James' Muggle wife more than he's letting on, and that Remus didn't like being used as a weapon when the moon was full.
3/15/2016 c4 hwyla
Love one of our few peeks at The Saint. How close to The Saint of the books you've kept him, I don't know. I must admit that I only remember the TV series - and only vaguely. But I can see the similarity in conversational style with Sophie's grandfather and with the dialog in ch1 of Saint Potter between Templar and Voldy.

I especially like the dialog about how it seemed 'inappropriate' to 'take advantage to flatten' Peter. And the way he insists on calling himself a 'regular bloke' instead of a muggle

Also nice to see a James that actually respects an adult - not just an adult, but a muggle adult. He called Templar 'sir'. I really get the impression from 'canon' and especially from JKRs little stories outside book-canon (James' and Sirus' wild ride and James' meeting Vernon) that canonJames doesn't hold muggles in any sort of respect. I doubt canonJames was anywhere near as respectful of Lily's father if he ever met him. Of course, James would probably highly admire Templar's 'guts', so that might make all the difference.
8/1/2015 c3 39IWantColouredRain
Rubik's Cubes are cool, annoying, but cool.
7/31/2015 c3 hwyla
Swish and flick? That sounds just about right for James here. Everything should come 'easy'/ But Peter knows the value of determination!
11/8/2014 c2 cassandra
What I really want to know is, what happened in this universe's Shrieking Shack incident. You've indicated that Snape and Evans set out the night before to check the place out a night before the date Sirius advised Snape to go there. Did the werewolf kill them both, and as penance, Lupin went to the far east and took risky treatments to eradicate the werewolf from his body?
10/4/2014 c2 3Stromsten
It certainly doesn't seem that Peter is the betrayer here (admittedly, in a universe where Bellatrix is an auror, I may not remember where everyone's loyalties are supposed to lie.) Perhaps if we had chapters from other perspectives, say Ted or Sirius, the playing field might be a little more clear? I recall that Sev and Lils are a couple - do they have children yet? Oh, and what are the differences between Yuletide and Christmas, since muggle and magical are being mixed?
9/30/2014 c2 hwyla
This chapter leaves me wanting more info about the Marauders' Hogwarts years. Interesting to see Peter here as the only acknowledging that some of the things they did went too far (instead of Remus) and with neither Remus nor Sirius sending Christmas gifts one is left to wonder how you have planned the betrayal. It is unclear (and I assume you mean it to stay that way for quite awhile) that Sirius might not be innocent this time around.

Interesting to see that Selene has probably actually been informed of the 'Werewolf Incident' IF it happened in your universe. I'm basing this on Peter's thoughts about Ethel's comment that 'no one died'. Of course, it's entirely possible that Peter has it all wrong and Ethel doesn't know anything of the sort - leaving the question if whether Selene knows up in the air.I've long felt that Lily (in-canon) never knew the truth. I not convinced she even knew Remus was a werewolf.

Anyway - lovely to see an update!
1/2/2014 c1 hwyla
And it looks as if he found SOME help in China? Just basing this on the comment that James makes that he wouldn't want to 'wish' Remus a werewolf 'again'. Altho' that doesn't seem to add up to the other info you've provided in this realm, where Remus infiltrated the werewolf army (I've forgotten what you named them)

Note however, that Peter is possibly wrong about the Potters NOT waiting until their wedding. It isn't unheard of for morning sickness to arrive before the 2nd month is finished. In one of your other fics (AltScenesByLake4) you have Lily feeling ill from it in the 2nd week of August when Hogwarts apparently usually ends around summer solstice - that's less than 2 months, too.

One thing I like really well here - it sounds as if Sophie is conceived on Oct31 - same as likely for canonHarry. I've long argued that it was possibly also the date of the Sybil's prophecy. Don't know if you intend that as well (or not) since you have them in hiding for other reasons already, but I like the timing - just in case.

And it will be very interesting to eventually find out whether it was Peter or Sirius that betrayed the Potters.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service