Welp... when you saw the update notification, you were probably expecting a chapter... but sorry to say, that isn't the case.
It is me, Mr. Narrative (formerly JeffMen103). And hate to be the bearer of bad news... but
Sage of the fairies is officially being discontinued.
I'm sorry you had to wait 2 years just to hear that, but there are various reason as to why I was forced to make this decision
1) When I first posted this story, I was a young writer and less experienced than I am now. I didn't really have much a vision for this story. I just wrote it cuz I thought the idea was good. But after posting the first chapter, I just couldn't bring myself to write the second chapter. Idk what it is, but when I tried to type chapter 2... it was just blank
2) I have too many stories already in the works. All of of which are in high demand. My most popular one being golden hero of Hope. And I have three other more ambitious fanfics that were commissioned by my highest patron. And I have a much more thought out plan and drive to write those than this one. And then I have 3 other stories, (Warrior beyond Goku, Dragon god, and Greek Saiyan) that I want to work on as well. If I were to add THIS ONE to my work load, I think I would actually drop dead.
3) I have classes which will always come first to fanfiction. At least until I graduate. So I can't do school work and this story along with my others all at the same time. I just won't physically have the time to do it
4) Depression is a bitch and so is burn out. I took a 5 month hiatus from writing back in the summer of 2019. I don't ever want to repeat that. So far I've been pretty consistent since November. If I have to write this story as well then that's ball game. It's gonna be 2019 all over again.
5) I try to give out the best content I can. If I'm forced to write this along with my other projects, it's definitely gonna be half assed, and I WONT ever stoop to that level. I don't know about other authors on this site, but if you're willing to sit your ass down and type something to put out to the masses, it better be good. I hold myself to a standard. It's why my golden hero fic got 4500 follows and counting, and it's why my latest stories got over 100 follows with just one chapter. Why? Cuz I put effort into it. I work my butt off and spend my time slaving away on a keyboard. I'll be damned if my efforts and potential are put to waste, just cuz "oh ima just do that whatever." Fuck that.
So yeah that's pretty much my explanation. I'm just coming back from recovering from the corona virus and my birthday was two weeks ago. So I'm trying to get back into the writing groove. I feel pretty good right now. I'm at the top of my game, and I don't want to disrupt by writing a story that's only gonna hurt me in the long run. Also considering that I'm already doing a fairy tail story that has surpassed this one in terms of popularity and quality.
And no I'm not gonna do that "putting the story up for adoption" shit. I never understood that. Why would you let someone take your ideas? No. Come up with your own and put in the work. There's a philosophy that I go by, "don't let anyone write your own story." If I let someone else do this, it's obviously gonna be different form how I want it or envision it. So no. Be creative. Use your imagination. Be original.
That's about it. I'm sorry for all of the patient readers. I'm only human. If had infinite time or infinite stamina or didn't need sleep, then I would definitely write this story. But I don't have any of that. I am mortal. I am human. Just like all of you. We authors are just regular people. You may put us on a pedastal, but at the end of the day... we all bleed red. We have our limitations and weaknesses. No one is perfect. No one is superior or inferior to another. We are all just...
If you want to continue to support me, go check out my other stories. If you only came here for this fic and aren't interested in my other projects, that is completely fine. I won't hold any ill will. You come here for content that you want. If I don't provide anything that you want, then you have a right to not read any of it.
For people still waiting for chapter 31 of golden hero, I'm getting to it. Been busy with my other stories and commissions. Chapter 30 was meant to be the ending of a saga. Where everything officially changes from the mha cannon and things will never be the same again. Chapter 31 onward, it's gonna be completely different. A new saga will start that will end at chapter 71, which will be the ending of the first book of Deku: The Golden Saiyan Hero of Hope. So that's what I've been trying to plan out.
If you're feeling like a GOAT, you can support me monetarily on my or . This is completely optional, but just know that if you do, you're officially a GOAT.
Discord: Delete the dashes h-t-t-p-s-:-/-/-d-i-s-c-o-r-d-.-g-g-/-E-y-e-p-a-V-F
Join our discord if you want to connect with me and my other readers more. We have fun and talk shit all day in there. You'll probably like it.
That's about it from me. It's 5 AM where I'm at in New York City. I got to get ready for school in about an hour. I haven't even slept at all. And Track season is starting so I'm even gonna be more busy.
I love each and every single one of you
Mr. Narrative signing off.
Have a blessed night