Just a little something I decided to do in order to vent some stress and air out my brain-case while i focus on my other stories and getting my life back on track. Rest assured, I won't actually be tackling this until I've at least finished a few other stories or at least updated/renewed them.
That being said: Jump Force...I have to admit, while my hopes weren't that high, it was still kind of sad we didn't quite the 'Anime Smash Bros' we were hoping for. In all honesty I feel J-Stars Victory VS+ had the better roster, but I won't complain about what we got (too much).
That being said, that doesn't mean the overall plot of the game has no merit, we just need to tweek a few things here and there, and we could have the beginnings of a crossover event the likes of which hasn't been seen since...well, Avengers: Endgame, but semantics, amiright?
So, first things first: Series Representation. In other words, what Franchises do I feel should be Included/Excluded in a proper Jump Force story if I ever decide to take a crack at one. For this, my Selection criteria works as follows:
1. Jump Franchises only: As sad as it sounds, the game is called 'Jump Force' for a reason, so only characters originating from a 'Jump' Franchise will be considered. I understand this excludes a lot of popular series, but there have to be limits people.
However, by that same logic, this does NOT limit us to series that only appear in Weekly Shonen Jump. The original tagline of the series was 'The Jump Worlds are merging with Earth', not just 'The Worlds of Shonen Jump', so expect representation from other Jump-Affiliated Magazines.
2. Previous Jump Game Rosters apply: So long as a franchise appeared in a previous 'Jump' Crossover game, (Famicom Jump I & II, Super/Ultimate Stars, J-Stars Victoy vs+) they will be considered for the Roster, within reason, provided they match the remaining criteria.
So yeah, those of you who were pissed that Toriko & other representatives from Jump's previous game didn't make it into Jump Force? Rejoice, as they certainly have a chance to do so now.
3. Only series with an Anime Adaptation: This mostly applies to newer franchises not listed on previous rosters. That being said, this doesn't necessarily limit us to shows released in the west. So long as the series received some form of animation (Anime, OVA, ONA) it qualifies for consideration. (This is admittedly so i don't need to imagine Voice actors).
4. Mostly, but not Limited to, Combat-Oriented Series: Some people hear the word 'Shonen' & automatically think 'Fighting Manga', forgetting there are several 'Shonen Manga' out there without any traditional combat involved (Death Note for example).
While these franchises will likely be overshadowed by Battle Manga series, expect a few familiar faces to make appearances behind the scenes. After all, the purpose of Jump Force was not just to defeat the Venoms, but restore order, and you can't do that on an empty stomach.
5. NO SPORTS MANGA: Seriously. Don't ask. It's not gonna happen. I understand there's a lot of shenanigans that can go on in such shows to make them more interesting, but at the end of the day answer me this: Could a Prince of Tennis Character fight a Marine/Shinobi/Frieza Soldier? The answer is a resounding HELL NO.
So with that in mind, using the above criteria, here is a list of Franchises which, theoretically, qualify to appear in any Jump Force-based stories I may attempt. Please note, I am not saying they WILL appear, merely that, going by the above criteria, there's nothing stopping them from turning up.
Also, before anyone starts stating the obvious, YES, I have already excluded Franchises that already have at least one representative in Jump Force canonically. A few of the ones listed below may have also been represented in earlier Jump games.
Note: I will also be using English titles where possible, so apologies for any confusion. Any series listed with a * are tenuous at best.
Kyugan's list of Series that 'Could Theoretically' appear in Jump Force
Weekly Shonen Jump: Assassination Classroom, Baoh, BASTARD! Beelzebub, Black Cat, Bobobo, Buso Renkin, Cat's Eye, D. Gray-Man, D·N·A², Demon Slayer, Doberman Detective, Dr. Slump, Food Wars, Fūma no Kojirō, Gintama, Harenchi Gakuen, Hell Teacher Nūbē, Hentai Kamen, Hoshin Engi, Kochikame, Koya no Shone Isamu, Magical Talulot, Mazinger Saga, Medaka Box, Messenger Bee, Muhyo & Rōjī, Neuro: Supernatural Detective, Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, Reborn!, Rosario + Vampire, Sakigake! Otokojuku!, Shaman King, Space Adventure Cobra, The Disastrous Life of Saiki K., To Love-Ru, Toriko, Ultimate Muscle, Wing Man, World Trigger, Yuuna & the Haunted Onsen
Weekly Young Jump: Brynhildr in the Darkness, Demon Fighter Kocho, Elfen Lied, Gantz, Golden Kamui, Hamatora, Hanappe Bazooka, Kingdom, Legend of The Galactic Heroes, Mad Bull 34, One Punch Man, Rozen Maiden, Samurai Gun, Spirit Warrior, Terraformars, Tokyo Ghoul, Zetman.
Monthly Shonen Jump: Astro Boy, Beet The Vandal Buster, Blue Dragon ST, Claymore, Cyborg 009, Kekko Kamen, Kurohime*.
Jump Square: Blue Exorcist, Blood Blockade Battlefront, Dragonaut - The Resonance, Embalming: The Another Tale of Frankenstein, Maerchen Maedchen, Modern Magic Made Simple, Psycho-Pass, Seraph of the End, To-Love Ru: darkness, Twin Star Exorcists, Ultimo.
Ultra Jump: Battle Angel Alita, Fighting Librarians, Little Witch Academia, Needless, Outlaw Star, RWBY, Sadamitsu the Destroyer, Samurai Gun, Steam Detectives, Tenjho Tenge.
V-Jump: Combustible Campus Guardress, Digimon, Gaist Crusher, Lord of Lords: Dragon Knight, Onmyo Taisenki, Slime!, Viewtiful Joe.
Huh...I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't expecting that many series to qualify given the limitations I put in place (Seriously, the 80s had so many sports manga/anime).
Not a bad selection if i'm completely honest, though even I have to admit there's no way in HELL you could believably include all of these. So with that in mind, who would you like to see?
For the record, I compiled this list using those series listed on Wikipedia, so if there are any Franchises (not characters) that fall within the above criteria missing from this list (that aren't already in Jump Force) that you personally feel need to be added, feel free to list them in a review, stating why.
With that Said, The Next Few chapters will cover The Rosters for the respective Series, starting with Weekly Shounen Jump.