When I saw Rio (2011) as a kid, I liked the movie, but didn't pay much attention to it at first. I liked the funny moments in the film about blue parrots. But as I watched the movie several times, I started seeing that the movie was something more. I started to see how cute Blu and Jewel were together. And when the sequel Rio 2 (2014) came out on April 11th, (That's actually my birthday) I had mostly good thoughts for the movie. Of course, even though the film had a handful of moments that made me cringe, and that it wasn't as good as it's predecessor, the movie was okay. The positive side of that is that I learned the name of Blu and Jewel's species! The beautiful rare blue Spix's Macaw. My favorite bird. And it's because of the Rio franchise that I have gotten the endangered species' attention. I can't wait for the day when these pretty parrots finally get released back to the wild.
Now I've been waiting so long for the next Rio movie to be made, and there's great news! Rio 3 is in development by Walt Disney Pictures and Twentieth Century Fox to be released on Disney! Who's excited for that, huh! I nearly screamed with joy when I saw online that Rio 3 was being made!
But however I have some thoughts about this news. How will Disney pull this off now that the animation studio Blue Sky Studios has shut down? I hope the upcoming Rio 3 will be a good story for it. I hope Disney doesn't mess it up!
Here's what I'm hoping for:
1. A good story.
2. The original cast will reprise their roles.
3. That Blu might reunite his parents who he never knew.
4. Nigel or a different villain.
5. Good new songs.
6. That the third movie will be the last one, because I want the Rio movies to end in a trilogy.
7. Most importantly, I want this to be the first and last film in the franchise for our favorite lovebirds, Blu and Jewel to say "I Love You" to each other. I mean I love how they confess their feelings for each other with "We're chained to each other birds or You're my one and only" those are sweet phrases but I think it would be satisfying if in the third film Blu and Jewel will say "I Love You" at some point.
What do you want to see in Rio 3? Let me know in the comments. I can't wait for Rio 3 to come out!