Hello! It's been a while, hasn't it? I haven't been slacking off on writing this story. In fact, quite the opposite. This story is now, in full length, 38 pages long! And I just finished with the third temple! I'll update when I get a few reviews, so if you are reading this, please review. It is the way to get me to update so you can read more. I have the next four chapters all ready to go, so it's not like I'm going to run out any time soon, especially since I've been writing and planning a lot recently. I may actually finish this story. Wow. That'll be a first for me.

Disclaimer: I own NADDA. You got that? NADDA!

I've rambled enough, I think. Anyways, here's chapter two. . . .

Link led the way to the cave entrance and they went inside. The tunnel was short, and they saw a dark and gloomy swamp before them almost as soon as they had entered.

"This is Woodfall?" Erik asked. Link nodded.

"The water is poisoned here like it is outside," he said. "Watch your step." They made their way to a platform in the center of the swamp, having to avoid a few Hiploops (territorial beetles the size of a large dog) along the way.

"Where do we go now?" Erik asked once they had reached the platform. They were now surrounded by the discolored water on all sides but the one they came by. Link looked down at the floor of the platform. He walked forward a few steps so that he was standing in the center of a carving of a Deku. He then pulled out the Deku pipes and played the Sonata of Awakening. The notes echoed eerily across the swamp. For a few moments, nothing happened.

Suddenly, the platform began to shake. Erik looked around, startled. To his astonishment, a large stone temple was rising out of the water, a small bridge connecting the entrance to the platform they were standing on. "Woodfall Temple…" he whispered. Link nodded.

"Let's go," he said, beginning to walk across the bridge. Erik followed him. When they reached the entrance, Link walked in, motioning for Erik to follow him.

The inside of the temple was cold and dark. The only light was provided by two torches located at the opposite end of the room, where a door was barely visible. "Be careful," Link whispered to Erik as he took a few cautious steps forward. He paused, listening, and continued walking. Erik followed suit.

"There are two large spider-like creatures hanging from the ceiling by the door," Erik warned.

"How can you see them? It's too dark."

"My eyes are well accustomed to darkness." Link nodded approvingly.

"That's good." He carefully walked across the bridge, taking care to stay away from the edge. Erik followed him.

"What are those spiders, anyway?" he asked.

"Skulltulas," Tatl responded. "They won't attack us if we don't go under them." Erik nodded. They reached the other end of the bridge. True to Tatl's word, the Skulltulas stayed up by the ceiling. Link opened the door and they proceeded into the next room. They were on a high platform that had a ramp that led down to the lower portion of the room. There was a huge pool of water down below, and a large wooden shrine-like structure rested in the center of it, surrounded by three huge, toothed flowers that were floating on the water. "Yuck!" Tatl exclaimed. "It smells terrible in here!"

"It's the water," Link said. "It's even more poisoned than the water outside." Link walked down the ramp to the lower level. Erik did not follow. Instead, he glared down at one of the flowers resting on the water's surface. "Erik?" Link asked, looking up at him.

"Don't step onto those flowers," Erik warned. Link nodded, and Erik went down the ramp to join him.

"There's a door on the other side of the room," Tatl said. "Link, you can put on the Deku Mask and get there, but I don't know how Erik can do it without either stepping on one of those flowers or swimming."

"That's not a good thing," Link said. He pulled out his Deku Mask and put it on. "I can't carry you over there," he said once he was a Deku. "What are you going to do?" Erik thought for a moment.

"I'll go back onto the higher platform," he said. "I'll jump off of it into the water. That way, I'll have less of a distance to swim."

"Good luck," Link said before jumping out onto the water. Due to his light weight, he was able to ride on the water's surface tension and make it to the other side of the room without ever going into it. "Try to get as close to here as you can," he yelled up to Erik, who had returned to the higher level while he had been crossing the room.

"Indeed," Erik said, more to himself than to Link. He looked down briefly at the area he was aiming for before leaping off the edge of the platform. He landed in the water beside the lower platform and seized the edge as quickly as he could. The water felt normal enough, but Erik quickly noticed that his vision had begun to swim in and out of focus. He pulled himself out of the water and onto the platform, shaking slightly.

"You alright?" Tatl asked, flying next to his head. Erik nodded, panting slightly.

"Let's go," he said as he stood up. Link removed the Deku Mask and opened the door to the next room. Once they were inside, the door locked itself behind them.

"That's not good," Link said.

"What just happened?" Erik asked.

"The door just locked behind us."

"Well that's just great! And there're no doors out of the room but that one!"

"I've been in these situations before," Link said. "It's nothing to worry about. There is something we must do in this room before the door will unlock. Usually it's defeating something or another."

"Like that thing right there?" Erik asked, motioning toward a dinosaur-like creature that had just dropped down out of the leaf-coated ceiling.

"Yeah. Like that," Link responded. "Tatl, what is it?"

"It's a Dinofos," she said. "It breathes fire, so watch out."

"Thanks for the warning," Link said. "Let's get this over with." Link lunged at the Dinofos, which leapt into the air, landing on the other side of Link. It drew in a breath, preparing to shoot fire at Link, but it never got the chance to. In less than a second, it was laying on the floor, its neck broken by a cord of braided cat-gut that Erik had just wrapped around its neck. With a flick of his wrist, the cords loosened and Erik collected it back up and stored it in his cloak.

"Impressive," Tatl remarked.

"What was that?" Link asked.

"The Punjab Lasso," Erik answered. "A very fast and very deadly weapon." Link looked down at the dead Dinofos for a second before responding.

"I can see that…" The Dinofos vanished in a wisp of blue flames, leaving a small wooden bow and a full quiver of arrows in its place. Link picked them up. "This will come in handy." He put the bow and arrows away. As he did, the door unlocked. They left the room and returned to the room with the poisoned water. Link took out the bow and nocked (?) an arrow. He took aim at something on the other side of the room and fired the arrow. There was a clicking sound, and a ladder appeared beside Link.

"I'm not even going to ask," Erik said, following Link up the ladder.

"Temples like these are full of this kind of stuff," Link said as he waited for Erik to finish climbing the ladder. "You just have to get used to it."

It seemed like they had been in the temple for hours. They went into room after room, getting attacked by various creatures, each one more bizarre to Erik than the last. Several of the rooms had the poisoned water in them, making the whole temple reek with the smell of it.

Finally, they reached a room unlike the others. "This is it," Link said. "This is the final room in this temple."

"How do you know?" Erik asked.

"The size of it," Link answered. "And the fact that there is nothing here…yet." Erik looked around the room. Link was right. It was larger than any of the other rooms, and it was entirely empty except for them.

"What do we do now?" Erik asked. Link shrugged.

"The boss will appear when it is ready," Link responded. "Until then, we just have to wait."

"What do you mean by 'boss'?"

"The main creature of the temple. The one that has been causing all of the trouble." Link paused. "It's coming. Listen." Erik listened hard. He could hear the faint sounds of drums coming from the high ceiling.

"What is-" he didn't have enough time to finish his sentence before a large, humanoid creature with strange markings, a huge sword and shield, and a wooden mask fell from the ceiling and landed in the center of the room. It waved the sword around a few times, trying to intimidate them.

"The Masked Jungle Warrior: Odolwa," Tatl said, gazing at the newcomer in awe as he continued to show off. "He's the main deity of the Dekus. Why would he turn against them and kidnap their princess?"

"Majora must have influenced him," Link said. "We have to get rid of him immediately." Odolwa stopped waving his sword around and glared at Link, his red eyes glowing menacingly.

"Well, we aren't going to accomplish anything by just standing around here," Erik said. He walked toward Odolwa, reaching inside his cloak for the Punjab Lasso. Odolwa watched him with interest, as though he were amused by Erik. Once he was close enough, Erik sent the Punjab Lasso at Odolwa, but Odolwa raised his shield. The cat-gut cord wrapped around his neck and shield, causing no damage to him. Erik cursed and detached the lasso. Odolwa took the opportunity to rush at Erik. He hit Erik hard with his shield, sending him flying across the room. He ran after Erik with his sword raised, but Link got in the way and blocked the attack with his shield.

"You aren't getting anywhere near him," Link declared, rushing at Odolwa to attack his legs. Odolwa tried to slash Link, but he blocked the attack again. He swiped at Odolwa, making a deep gash in his left leg. Odolwa staggered back a few steps and Link went in for another attack, but Odolwa slashed at him again. Link blocked it, but Odolwa kicked his shield, knocking him roughly to the ground and sending his shield flying. Oh no, he thought. Odolwa raised his sword preparing to kill Link, but was stopped in his tracks when a knife came out of nowhere and buried itself in his neck. Odolwa let out a choked gasp, falling to his knees as blood poured from the wound. He collapsed a few seconds later, vanishing in a wisp of blue flames, leaving behind the knife that had killed him and his mask.

Erik walked over to the knife and picked it up. He put it back in his cloak and turned to Link. "Are you alright?" he asked. Link nodded. Erik helped him up. "Now what do we do?"

"We get this," he said as he picked up the mask. As soon as he put the mask away, a blue light appeared in the center of the room. "Now, we go into that blue light."

"What will that do?" Erik asked.

"You'll see." Link walked into the light and Erik followed him apprehensively. There was a strange tingling sensation, blackness, and then Link and Erik found themselves in a small room with a female Deku sitting in the corner.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"I'm Link. This is Erik," Link answered. "We're here to take you back to your father."

"Did you talk to the monkey?" she asked Link. He nodded. "You smell a bit like him. Is my father worried about me?"

"Very," Link responded. "He'll be happy to know that you're safe." She laughed.

"For a moment, I thought that he would blame the monkey for my disappearance. He might have even gone so far as to punish the poor monkey, but that's ridiculous!" Link and Erik glanced at each other and said nothing. "He didn't, did he?"

"Actually, he did," Link said. "Or, at least, he plans to." The Deku Princess's eyes flashed with rage.

"There you go again, father! Always acting rashly!" She looked hopefully up at Link. "You need to take me there, quickly!"

"Where's the door?" Erik asked.

"Behind the vines, but I can't cut them," she replied. Link drew his sword and cut the vines, revealing a doorway.

"Let's go," he said. They ran out of the room and found themselves back in the swamp. They ran along the path and arrived at the Deku Palace a few minutes later. They ran past the guards and into the throne room.

"Daughter!" the King cried when he saw her.

"Hello, father," she said, glaring at him. "Let the monkey go this instant!" she ordered the servants, who hastened to obey their angry princess. A moment later, the monkey was free.

"So, the monkey had nothing to do with this?" the King asked. The princess shook her head. "Oh, well then, um…sorry."

"You'd better be!" she snapped at him. "Your rash actions would have cost an innocent monkey his life! If Link and Erik didn't save me, that is. Thanks to both of you."

"Thank you very much!" the monkey added.

"No problem," Link replied. "We were happy to help." Erik nodded in agreement. "You wouldn't happen to have heard anything about a masked Skull Kid causing trouble around here, would you?"

"As a matter of fact," the monkey said, "I saw a Skull Kid with a mask hanging around Woodfall when the Princess was captured by the monster of the temple."

"So Majora was behind this," Tatl said to Link, furious. "I swear, I have no idea how I ever became his friend. With all the trouble he's causing now…It's ridiculous."

"At least the water is back to normal, now," Link pointed out. To the Princess, he said, "It was a real pleasure meeting you, but we must leave. We are trying to stop the Skull Kid from destroying this place."

"You're welcome back any time," she replied with a small bow. "Good luck."

"Thank you." With that, Link, Tatl, and Erik left the Deku Palace. Back in the boat, Erik decided to get some answers.

"You mentioned a 'Skull Kid' back there," he said. "What is a 'Skull Kid.'?"

"A Skull Kid is what is made when a child dies in a forest," Link explained. "They don't like adults and like to cause trouble. The Skull Kid that is causing the trouble here is possessed by a mask that is known as Majora's Mask."

"Describe the mask," Erik said, getting a sudden suspicion.

"It's heart-shaped, mostly purple, two large orange eyes, and has ten yellow spikes. Why?"

"It was the Skull Kid with that mask that brought me here," Erik said.

"I figured as much. It's because of him that I'm here, too."

"What did he do to get you here?"

"I was searching for one of my friends in a forest. Two fairies came across my path," he looked at Tatl accusingly, "and startled my horse."

"Whoopsies," Tatl squeaked. Link grinned at her with a 'just kidding' shrug.

"Anyways, my horse reared up, and I was knocked unconscious. When I woke up, the Skull Kid was looking through my things. He hadn't noticed that I was awake, and I asked him what he was looking for. He hid my ocarina behind his back, and I told him to put it back. He decided not to, and jumped onto my horse and started to gallop away. I grabbed onto the saddle and was dragged for a while before. I finally let go. I followed after the Skull Kid, and wound up in a cave.

"The Skull Kid was in the cave, too. He told me that he had gotten rid of my horse since it wouldn't listen to him, and he used that mask to put a curse on me, changing me into a Deku. After three days as a Deku, I confronted the Skull Kid at the top of the Clock Tower, got my ocarina back, played that song I mentioned earlier, and I went back to the beginning of the three days. It was a good thing, too. The moon was about to crash.

"I was still stuck as a Deku, but I had the means to break the curse. I met with the man who originally owned Majora's Mask and he taught me the song that I used to turn the curse into a mask." Link pulled out the Deku Mask. "When I put this mask on, I return to being a Deku."

"Sounds like you've had your share of difficulties with the Skull Kid," Erik commented. Link nodded as he put the mask away. The boat had just reached the shore. They climbed out of it and left the swamp. They walked along the path that they had taken to get there—this time Erik killed the Deku Baba before it was able to attack him—and they ended up back in the field. "Where are we going to, now?"

"To the mountain," Link explained. "It'll take us a while to get there." As he said that, the ground shuddered.


"From the moon."

"We have only 18 hours until it'll fall," Tatl pointed out. "We're running out of time."

"How long will it take for us to reach the mountain?" Erik asked.

"Half of that time, at least," she responded. "We may not have enough time to get through the temple, even if we are able to find it in that time."

"We might as well start the three days over right now," Link said, pulling out the powder blue ocarina. "At least then we'll have enough time to get everything done over there." Link put the mouthpiece of the ocarina to his lips and played a short tune. The world around them swirled. When everything had returned to normal, it was the dawn of the first day again.

"The moon is much farther away than it was before," Erik pointed out. Link nodded.

"We've gone back in time a couple days. Come on. We need to get to the mountain."

Love it? Hate it? Have any comments? Constructive criticism, maybe? Please review! If you wish to flame, go ahead. Just don't be too mean about it if you feel the need to. I'll just have to send Erik after you if you do.

Erik: No kidding.