Just In
Community
Forum
V
More
Forums » So, you want to write a story? »
That Movie Thing :/
A Firestorm Nauralagos

Discussions/stuff regarding "The Destiny of Fire's Song: The Movie." The usual rules apply: R-E-S-P-E-C-T and don't swear, please.

Please read the Forum Rules thread before posting.

11/26/2013 . Edited 6/16/2014 #1 Report
A Firestorm Nauralagos

Current goings-on for the-potential-movie-I-might-give-up-on-in-a-week:

1. My brother (the computer genius) is helping me (the REALLY NOT a computer genius) look up animation programs that we might be using for this thing- because while Spiral Creations did a great job with the in-game acting, I want this thing to be different from their idea. At the moment, I think what's going to happen is that I'll be using a program called Pencil and getting a drawing tablet type thing so I can NOT screw up all of the pictures I'll have to draw directly on the computer :P

2. I kinda started working on the script, which will probably be the biggest road block. If I quit that thing after a week, the whole movie idea goes down the drain, but if I can get myself to keep working on it, that (aside from the drawing thing) will be the hardest part- and transferring a story from fan fic format into script format is HARD, especially since I have to cut out all of the crap and just leave the important stuff- for example, Bat's ailment won't be appearing. It's irrelevant and equals more drawing for Firestorm, who really isn't that good at drawing. I'm also not planning to show/mention Fyrina Bloodhand and Ravina Blackwing, as cool as they are.

3. As of right now, there are three actors/actresses: My brother, who can do a disturbingly good Malistaire voice; my best friend Christian Chick, who might possibly be either Sabrina or Erica, and me, who might end up being Erica/Kestrel. I've got two possible ways to go about the actual voice acting: 1, I could actually find actors/actresses to play all of the different parts, or 2, I might try and find a voice altering program and just have 2 actors: me and my brother. (Which would be easier in terms of finding actors/actresses, but harder in terms of actually altering every single word spoken in this stupid thing O_o) I dunno. First I have to write that script, and then we'll see.

11/26/2013 #2 Report
A Firestorm Nauralagos

Aside from the poll and the post I just posted a second ago, what thoughts do you guys have in terms of this movie thing? Good idea? Bad idea? Are there any specific things you think I should change/get rid of for the script or movie, or is there anything I should add in? (Like more detail :P) Would it be too insane for me to try and do the music on my keyboard instead of borrowing le music from previously made movies? Has anyone ever drawn with a drawing tablet/animated something using a drawing tablet before, and if so, how did that go for you?

That's a lot of questions. I'll stop typing now.

11/26/2013 #3 Report
M scarletfireblaze

Aha, like I said, it sounds like a great idea but is a huge amount of work! And I wish I could give more advice, but honestly, the most I had been involved in the making of my friend's movie was the voice actor for character, and then I just spoke into the recording device. I do know that making your own music will be one of the hardest parts...so if you know what you're doing, go for it! It'll come out amazing. Otherwise, I would probably stick to previous movie soundtracks.

Best of luck!

11/27/2013 #4 Report
M BuBuWinter

If you want I can certainly help you out with the script. I already told you that I've been taking a scriptwriting class for three years now, so I have AT LEAST a basic idea on how you should go about adding/taking away scenes, and if you want it to be REALLY precise, I can give the format of a beat sheet, which is basically the outlining of the script so you get all the major parts in necessary to making a movie.

I think it's sounds like an awesome idea, though! Yes, a lot of work, but still it'll be awesome to see your story played/acted out :D I can't give much help involving voice acting and animation and such, but scripts I can certainly help out with XD

11/28/2013 #5 Report
A Firestorm Nauralagos

@Scarlet: I think I might have had another idea about the sound stuff ... I could use bits of music from the actual W101 game, which could possibly fit into le story pretty well :3 And maybe there could be a combination between that and keyboard stuff, which I could use for quieter scenes. L.E. could probably help with that ... xD

@BuBu: Oh, that's right!! I'd forgotten about that ... yeah, if you could help with le script stuff, that would be AWESOME! :D If it would be helpful to you, I can show you what I've already got in my Google Drive. :3

11/28/2013 #6 Report
M BuBuWinter

You should totally show me what you've got so far x3

11/28/2013 #7 Report
LEO130

Sounds cool! You should definitely go through with the idea.

12/4/2013 #8 Report
A Firestorm Nauralagos

Current update on le script stuff: Well, I apparently have no idea how to write a script the right way XD *Fails* BuBuWinter (who is awesome) showed me the right format, which I'll transfer everything into eventually, although for now I'm going to continue with my really weird version of "script writing" so I can get le story closer to the real thing.

Progress thus far: Chapter 1 is scripted :D (And I still haven't given up! xD)

12/5/2013 #9 Report
M BuBuWinter

It's not that you have no idea on how to write a script, it's just I've three years experience on it, and I'm picky cause of it :3 How long were you gonna continue with your "weird" script version?

12/6/2013 #10 Report
A Firestorm Nauralagos

@BuBu: Oh, okay

I was kinda thinking that I'd write it both ways, since le real thing will be better for the actual voice acting stuff, but my weirdness has le actions and other random stuff in it that I might need at some point.

12/6/2013 #11 Report
M BuBuWinter

That makes sense XD Did you also want me to show you a Beat Sheet, so you can know what scenes you should probably include, or are you just gonna go with it? (the beat sheet is a sort of outline for movie scripts, so you can pull the more important scenes out from the actual story and into the script)

12/8/2013 #12 Report
A Firestorm Nauralagos

@BuBu: Sure :3

Le script update: 2 out of 58 chapters are scripted XD There are only 58 because obviously I won't be scripting le acknowledgements- although they might be in the credits- and I don't think I'm going to use Donna's Special Moments, since that was really just a "oh ... well, SuperYuuki hasn't finished her chapter yet, and I haven't updated in a month, so here. Have a random chapter. :D" type thing.

Random comment of le day regarding music: I can totally play the Commons theme and the Regents Square theme on le keyboard XD XD (Not that I'm doing that for le movie; I'm not THAT good at playing ze piano O_o)

12/9/2013 #13 Report
stormrunner1.02

Wow... Wow, wow, wow... YES! YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/11/2014 #14 Report
A Firestorm Nauralagos

LE UPDATEY STUFF SINCE I REALLY NEED TO NOT QUIT ON THIS

-Chapters 1-4 are scripted in weird way

- I *might* have found a voice-altering program to use for le voice acting (much easier than trying to find enough friends :P)

-I'm pretty sure I found the animation program I'm going to use

-I figured out what music to use for le end credits

-There is an official approximated time line for when I'm going to finish each step of le project xD (If all goes well, the scripting will be done in 5 months.)

1/21/2014 #15 Report
M scarletfireblaze

Yay! Do you mind if I ask what music you're using for the credits?

2/2/2014 #16 Report
A Firestorm Nauralagos

@Scarlet: Not at all :P I'm planning to use part of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana, and then if I decide to stick on one of those awesome "after the credits" scenes (which would be Brooke and Donna in the Titan World) I'll probably go with "For Good" from Wicked. If that doesn't fit, I'll find something else, but I don't know what just yet. (First I actually have to, you know, make the movie :P)

Also, I came up with the coolest thing ever for the end of the third story, if it ever ends up as a movie as well. (It all depends on how college treats me, although if it isn't too hard to animate stuff using Pencil, I might animate this scene for youtube anyways) It will be before the credits, I think, although it's an epilogue so it might get stuck after le credits. The whole thing will be in black and white with kind of an old-movie type of feel to it, and the music will be Gymnopedies 1, a song I've been learning to play on the piano. (I can't say anything else about it or I'll spoil story 3, though :P)

2/2/2014 #17 Report
M scarletfireblaze

Sounds super cool! Can't wait to see it!

3/8/2014 #18 Report
catluvvergal010

This sounds really cool. If I could help with voice acting or the script or whatever you'd like, please let me know. :)

9/13/2014 #19 Report
Reply  Follow Follow

Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service