Just In
Community
Forum
V
More
Forums » So, you want to write a story? »
LE RANTS
A Firestorm Nauralagos

Because we all need somewhere to rant sometimes, and right now I'm about mad enough to add this thing.

The usual respect rule applies, but IN THIS THREAD ONLY I am changing the swearing rule a little bit. Some cursing is allowed, but please don't use too much and DEFINITELY don't direct it at any other posters.

Firestorm!Edit: I'm going to change the rules a little more, in fact: You don't have to be nice to people you're discussing in the post, but if you are responding to someone's post, try to be somewhat respectful. I dunno- I feel like there's got to be some sort of rule in place here, but it's kind of hard to be nice/respectful if you're ranting ...

5/20/2014 . Edited 5/20/2014 #1 Report
A Firestorm Nauralagos

HOLY CRAP. MY BROTHER JUST-

Rawrgh. Let me just start by saying, "At least it isn't just me!" This is the conversation he and my mom are having.

(Context: My brother was purposely as nasty and annoying as humanely possible this morning so I couldn't get ready for school. I asked my dad to make him stop, but he wouldn't, so I decided not to go to school- only to remember that school = not optional today. By this point, my dad has already brought Jerk to school, so naturally he's on time, and I end up missing the ENTIRETY of first period because my brother made me cry and I was unable to get ready for school. That was this morning. Now he's back to his normal jerky self, and he's been a jerk mostly to me, but also to our three year old sister as well.

Mom: Okay, well, I'm not going to be able to pick you up from school tomorrow. You'll have to walk.

Bro: Why? *In a demanding tone*

Mom: Because it's story time day, and after I take your sister to story time, we have to go shopping.

Bro: So just don't go to story time.

Mom: Excuse me?!

Bro: You're always late anyways.

(Some arguing later)

Mom: No, [His name] You'll have to walk home tomorrow! That's the end of it!

Bro: *In an extremely bossy/parent-ish tone* If I get home tomorrow and you're there, we're going to have some big words. I'll just leave it at that.

Yes, that was my BROTHER who just literally ordered my mom to cater her day to his "needs," and then threatened her when she said no! Holy crap!! One of these days, I honestly hope he sasses the wrong person and gets punched in the face!!! Maybe it will take his brattiness down a few pegs!

5/20/2014 #2 Report
M BuBuWinter

Ooooh, a ranting thread. You'll be seein' me here often methinks. An don't question how I'm typing right now cause it's 9:43 an' I've already been asleep for the last three hours so I'm awake but tired...maybe a bit confused.

@Firestorm: Yep, that sounds like one heck of an annoying brother. X_x If he ever sasses me, honey he won't just get punched, he gon' be sent to the hospital. Or murdered eventually. I mean, insanity runs in the family. If I lose it and become the serial killer, I already have a list if people to kill.

NOW FOR MY RANT, BECAUSE SCHOOL IS KILLING ME EVEN WHEN THERES ONLY THREE WEEKS LEFT TILL SUMMER!

I'm not sure if this is just my school or Californa schools or just school in general, but the grading system sucks. Everything at my school is based on if you turn your work in. To put things into perspective, I have a 98% average in the tests section of the grade, an A- in the essay section, and C in the projects, but I'm currently FAILING at a 40% because I don't do the work. And it's not cause I'm lazy this year. Our teacher just likes piling on *literally* ten assignments at once with the lame excuse of "the due dates are different". I don't give a flying F-cks worth if the due dates are different, it's still 10 assignments to get done Geometry Chemistry History taking care of a baby sister. I'm not going to do all of it; it's just way too much for me to handle. Does the fact I prove I know everything by aceing EVERY SINGLE TEST improve my grade at all? Hell no, because it's all about turning in those ten stupid assignments. My school doesn't care if you know the subject or not, you just have to do the work.

And then when they mad at you for failing, they start encouraging you to improve, to get it up. Annnnd how am I supposed to do that when I'm only allowed to turn in FOUR LATE ASSIGNMENTS? I'm sorry, but turning in a few low point assignments isn't going to put my grade where it needs to be. I get it's partially my fault, I get I shouldn't have fallen behind, but when I want to get my grade up, you bet I'll be working my arse off doing every single assignment. And most teachers don't provide sufficient alternates past extra credit to get that grade up. I'm sorry, but are you trying to help me learn, or do you just care about the insignificant pieces of homework ANYONE could have done for me?

I didn't fall behind because I'm lazy. I fell behind because I'm in and out if depression and beyond stressed out. To put things into perspective, my best friend since fourth grade nearly attempted suicide at least twice this year. That, along with other emotional, equally paranoid traumas, made me fall behind, and for the entire month of March and into April, I had anxiety attacks every single day. Does my school care bout all that? No. All they care about is me doing my work, and the only reason I haven't received a dismissal letter is because I always score advanced/proficient on my state tests. I give them something to brag about, make them look good, and in the end the Deans only care about power and money, not the students. It's no wonder so many students leave the school with how terribly everything's ran, and THEY WANT TO BUILD ANOTHER SCHOOL. No. Look here deans of the school: if you want to build another school, you fix up the one you already have. I swear, they are the most unorganized, greedy people, and they make it so blatantly obvious thy play favorites with the students. Every teacher has a favorite, but they don't make it obvious. The deans may as well just be kissing their favorites right in front of everyone else.

And that concludes my rant for the night.

5/20/2014 . Edited 5/20/2014 #3 Report
A Firestorm Nauralagos

@BuBu: o_o

*Puts on really whiny little kid voice* It's so hottttt outttttttttttt ........ xP My friend always wonders why I set my air conditioner thing to make it almost snow in my room- it's because I have to hibernate if it gets too warm out, so I freeze my room instead and it feels like winter. Winter is good. I can actually do things in the winter.

6/3/2014 #4 Report
A Firestorm Nauralagos

Also, I think all of the other girls on my Ultimate team (the JV team, anyways) have quit. On Sunday I had to play savage (the whole game, with no substitutes, for those of you that don't know what playing savage is) in 90 degrees. I ended up drinking an entire gallon of water during the game and almost got sick because of it, and I shall be repeating said occurrence this coming Sunday- but my team will be playing at least 2 games in a row. Goodie gumdrops. xP

6/3/2014 #5 Report
M BuBuWinter

@Fire: *in an even whinier voice* it's so windy hereeeee..... It's been 80-90 degrees plus strong winds 'cause the high desert weather is bipolar. Too hot, too cold, or too windy. No in-between.

And I have not met one person who has said "I like living here". No one does. No one can leave however because it's a freaking black hole; what comes in never comes out.

And that sounds like fun. O_o Ah well, have fun playing! Remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! *flies away* Inspirationnnnn.....!!

Got four hours of sleep, and I don't see myself going to bed any time soon. Cause finals on the last week of school is. Terrific idea at my school.

6/3/2014 #6 Report
A Firestorm Nauralagos

My brother has issues. Like seriously- issues. Our conversation:

Le me, studying for a math final: Can you PLEASE get out of this room and stop banging on the floor, which is extremely distracting??

Le brother: Why?

Le me: I'M STUDYING, MORON.

Le brother: Me, too!

Le me: You're a liar.

Le brother: No, I'm studying for my science test by going over things in my head.

Le me: Are you serious? "Study" somewhere else, then! I am dangerously close to failing this stupid final, which I have to pass in order to graduate!

Le brother: Well, I'm dangerously close to not getting a 90 on THIS final, which *I* have to pass in order to graduate!

(Yeah. He went there. A**. For the record- I do, in fact, have to pass this math final to graduate. He does not, in fact, need THAT science final- he needs his next year science final and two others, which could be ANY science class, not just the one he's taking right now. A 90 on that final is overachieving, not just passing.)

6/15/2014 #7 Report
A Firestorm Nauralagos

Got that math final on Wednesday ... O______________________O

6/16/2014 #8 Report
M BuBuWinter

I hate it when people on facebook make posts that are so vague and stupid. "Ugh this is terrible!!" "Ugh why can't I be as perfect as her ?" "I'm done ! Too far ! Never okay !"

No one gives a friggin eff about your issues, okay? Facebook is not your diary. If you want to complain, be specific and just rant already. Don't make a bunch of five word posts that tell us NOTHING. Stop annoying everyone with your silly little anonymous posts about how you hate "this girl" or are jealous of "this girl" or how something is completely terrible but you won't say what it is. Just stahp.

@Fire: You'll do good on the final. :3 I hath thee faith!

6/16/2014 #9 Report
M BuBuWinter

That moment you're reading a wiz fanfic you actually really like, review it telling them I'm happily awaiting the next chapter, but then the next day go to the authors profile and realize she's discontinued it.

Aaaeeeerrrrrrrghhhhhhhhaaaaaauuhuhuhhhhhh....

I get I did that with Cherry Blossom too, but I'm going to be returning to it eventually, for sure, but this....

Aaaaeeeeeegghhhhhhhhhaghhhhhhhh

This is the first was-ongoing fanfic I was reading that has been discontinued. T_T

7/1/2014 #10 Report
A Firestorm Nauralagos

@Bubu: T____T I hate it when that happens. XP

Oh, goodie. Summer school. The stupid is real. No, seriously- I could literally feel my brain cells leaking out of my eardrums as we discussed various things. Remind me again why I thought this was a good idea ..? *Dies*

7/8/2014 #11 Report
M BuBuWinter

@Firestorm: Do you have to actually go to school-school for summer, or is it mostly an online/at-home thing? I have a bunch of packets to do, plus a bunch of readings I don't want to do, but at least it's at my own pace. x.o Either way, summer school sucks. A lot. T__T

7/8/2014 #12 Report
A Firestorm Nauralagos

@BuBu: Oh, they actually make us go to school. I get to sit in the same seat in the same hot, nonairconditioned room and listen to the same teacher (although he's a pretty cool guy) for four hours, starting at 7:30 in the MORNING xP *Dies* Agreed- summer school is suckish. xP

7/8/2014 #13 Report
A Firestorm Nauralagos

Blargh. English is not fun this year ...Creative Writing was much cooler. xp

10/14/2014 #14 Report
A Firestorm Nauralagos

PSA: Don't be a d*ck to your cashier please! We have feelings too- I know, news flash, right? It's almost like cashiers are OTHER HUMAN BEINGS????? With their own lives????? And, like, emotions???? What are thooooooose? For real- if you're a d*ck to your cashier (at least this cashier) guess what happens the second you're out the door? You can BET that we're all complaining about how d*ckish you were, making fun of you, and contemplating either punching you or banning you from the store. And if one more person tells me "just find a REAL job! :D" I'll go apes**t on them. I'm in college. I'm working towards a writing degree and a career in advertising- but I DON'T HAVE THE DEGREE YET. This is to pay the bills until I get to a jf;lkanf;kjan;fj "real job." There are literally like three options for college students: Work in fast food, work in retail/some other kind of sales, or get an unpaid internship and live in your parents' basement. I chose option B. Why that makes me a subhuman to some customers, I will literally never understand.

tldr; don't be a d*ck to your cashiers.

6/25/2017 #15 Report
Reply  Follow Follow

Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service